Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead series you want revived?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Default Dead series you want revived?

Every so often a developer decides to stop making a certain series of games, much to the dismay of their fans. Do you have a game series that is no long being developed or published that you'd give almost anything to have it continued?

I love the Star Ocean series. The shops, the customized weaponry, the battle controls, I love all of it. The most recent incarnation is supposedly the last because it completes the rotation (or something). I wouldn't mind having another Star Ocean. I'd love for it to be a continuing series much like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy.

I don't know if Valkyrie Profile is dead, but they haven't had a game in a while either and I love that series, too. It's always fun to see how many combos you can get in a fight. xD

Jet Moto definitely wasn't the best racing game out there, but it was still really, really fun. I think it would be pretty awesome to see it on Next Gen systems.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Star Ocean 3 was like that hot girl you went on a few dates with and then she broke your heart into a million pieces, so you call her cousin Star Ocean 4 over but when you go pick her up you're immediately not interested but still try and tough it out until you just give up.

Suikoden VI and Chrono Brake. Gimme.

Suikoden VI.

The Jedi Knight series.

Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell. While still alive, their gameplay has changed so drastically you can't really call them the same game. I miss the tactical gameplay of all of them.

Hockey and Football Sports games for PC.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I don't know if it can really be considered dead since it's been only 2 years since the last game, but since it has been dead quiet ever since, I'll mention it anyway: I want a fourth Golden Sun game. The ending of "Dark Dawn" was evil.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Square should go back to their true roots.

[IMG]http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/506728-genesis-beyond-the-revelation-pc-88-screenshot-title-screens.gif
    [/IMG]

Honestly, i don't care about any series but i really want more Sci-fi JRPGs (No not Star Ocean stuff) what i am looking for is "Snatcher" meet JRPG (NOT SD SNATCHER I already played it). As a fan of Sci-fi JRPGs (at the moment i am pretty hyped for them) i can't even find more than 10 to 15 JRPGs across all platforms starting from retro Japanese PCs (PC98/FM towns and X68000) to consoles from NEC, PS1 and Sega.

I don't know, i feel we have far more fantasy and homage/retro wannabes to GOOD OL'DAYS for my taste at the moment, and i can't take it anymore. I want more Sci-fi, Modern, 1001 nights esque and oriental my JRPGs.

For a second, I thought I had an idea. But then I realized this isn't about TV series otherwise I would have mentioned Firefly, Deadwood, Jericho, etc.

Games: lid jekle id be ako all am lam dib ad low koai dials lai owl kai bo... I got nothing.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

:monster:

Suikoden VI.

Chrono Break.

Marathon 4. Apparently Bungie registered a trademark related to Marathon so I may get this one, although it's not clear if that was just for a remake of one of the old games.

Shadow Hearts 4.

Can't think of anything else offhand but I'm sure more will come to me later.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Suikoden VI, Wild ARMs 6, Lunar 3, Chrono Break.

FFXIV Character

Oooo Shadow Hearts 4. That's a good one.

It was never a series, however: Ehrgeiz. I would appreciate access to the characters from the Bouncer and I would hope the fighting system would be easier to grasp. PS3 controllers having default analog sticks should make those 360 motions easier to perform, but the timing has to be loosened up a tad. (I should be putting this in Fix Your Favorite...)

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Colony Wars. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again the series rocked.

Suidoken, yes please

Breath of Fire, mmm no dragon quarter but IV/III style yes please!

Star Ocean, I liked the one I've played

Vagrant Story, never had a sequel but needed to be continued

Dino Crisis 2, why shoot zombies when you can shoot a smurfing Velociraptor? I'm ignoring the very existence of the tripe that got called Dino Crisis 3.

An SRPG version of Front Mission because we've been sorely lacking these in the UK

Parasite Eve. I don't even need to explain to people who played 1 and 2.

Dark Cloud/Dark Crystal, they were pretty cool to play.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    It was never a series, however: Ehrgeiz. I would appreciate access to the characters from the Bouncer and I would hope the fighting system would be easier to grasp. PS3 controllers having default analog sticks should make those 360 motions easier to perform, but the timing has to be loosened up a tad. (I should be putting this in Fix Your Favorite...)
    I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who enjoyed The Bouncer. That was such a fun game. xDD

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Colony Wars. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again the series rocked.

Suidoken, yes please

Breath of Fire, mmm no dragon quarter but IV/III style yes please!

Star Ocean, I liked the one I've played

Vagrant Story, never had a sequel but needed to be continued

Dino Crisis 2, why shoot zombies when you can shoot a smurfing Velociraptor? I'm ignoring the very existence of the tripe that got called Dino Crisis 3.

An SRPG version of Front Mission because we've been sorely lacking these in the UK

Parasite Eve. I don't even need to explain to people who played 1 and 2.
    You have some good taste at times, Stevie-boy

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Off the top of my head:

Suikoden
    Lunar
    Chrono

Suikoden is especially disappointing to be dead, after Konami did pretty much everything right with Suikoden V.

That's exactly where a game series deserves to die... when it's been done right.