Page 15 of 137 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021253565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quistis View Post
    Then why go after a one-voter? Besides, a large amount of inactives can be extremely dangerous for the town. Towards the endgame, an inactive town will be destroyed if the mafia has the voting power due to the town not being able to establish any sort of bloc. While we shouldn't slay inactive indiscriminately, it's certainly worth trying to weed them out if possible.
    One-voter/posters are still active and have to be to avoid being modkiled/replaced. Come on McFly, that means they have a reason to be alive and thus are doing things in the shadows. Mafia and rookie cops do that. (a real cop would keep the discussion flowing and find some suspicions to work on)

An inactive town is still one more person for mafia to kill whether they do it at night or not. It doesnt matter if they're here or not but that they need to be dead for mafia to win.
    Of course. But this applies to everyone. Active people can at least use their powers.
    Not everyone, just town. Mafia doesn't have to kill themselves. If you have two inactives and one's a mob, do you get him on the first try? Or you down two town (remember night kill) before you get your man? What if there are more inactives? I gotta read the rules, but I hope our mods don't allow inactives to idle.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Laguna View Post
    As is every vote.
    Not really. Sure you never know what the person is until the flip, but at least by voting for people with posts you can make an educated guess. Voting for someone who has presented no evidence is by definition an uneducated guess.
    Mathematically, yes, the chances for someone to a townie is much higher.

However, this is Day 1. We've had a lack of suspicious behavior up to this point, so I'm more comfortable voting for someone I'm unsure we'll ever be able to use the skills of.

I see your book and raise you mine, The Ghost Town: A City With No One TO Use It.

There have been plenty of examples of silent townies and laying low mafia dooming towns. Want me to go LOOK IT UP?

Which means they are no more likely of being mafia than town. In fact, they are more likely of being town since the majority of players are generally town-aligned. It's pretty much a crap shoot with low odds.
    As is every vote. However, I'd rather play with people whose actions I can appropriately judge. With all due respect, I have faith in my abilities to call out bulltrout.
    But you can't judge people when Person A voted on inactive Person B. What does it tell you? Nothing because B never said jack, you can't infer if B said something to make someone upset, and clearly B was never close to closing the investigation since he never did jack crap. Person A could be a great townie, great scum, and you'd never be able to draw any conclusions from B's death.

One-voter/posters are still active and have to be to avoid being modkiled/replaced. Come on McFly, that means they have a reason to be alive and thus are doing things in the shadows. Mafia and rookie cops do that. (a real cop would keep the discussion flowing and find some suspicions to work on)
    Having a purpose and fulfilling it are not the same thing. I fail to see why someone's activity should be linked to their alignment. And going by your logic, why risk a cop, even if they are a rookie?

Not everyone, just town. Mafia doesn't have to kill themselves. If you have two inactives and one's a mob, do you get him on the first try? Or you down two town (remember night kill) before you get your man? What if there are more inactives? I gotta read the rules, but I hope our mods don't allow inactives to idle.
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Well then I hope all the active mafia suddenly stop posting and use the silent treatment to avoid me 'cause that wold fool me.

Call your tits, people.

There have been plenty of examples of silent townies and laying low mafia dooming towns. Want me to go LOOK IT UP?
    Well, of course their has. But I can give various sample of people either a)remaining inactive or B)being totally inactive mafia. Do you want me to look it up?

Well then I hope all the active mafia suddenly stop posting and use the silent treatment to avoid me 'cause that wold fool me.
    Again, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Bleagh been going over the rules and nothing about being a dirty inactive. Lame lame lame. You're letting me down, non-posters.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yuffie View Post
    Which means they are no more likely of being mafia than town. In fact, they are more likely of being town since the majority of players are generally town-aligned. It's pretty much a crap shoot with low odds.
    As is every vote. However, I'd rather play with people whose actions I can appropriately judge. With all due respect, I have faith in my abilities to call out bulltrout.
    But you can't judge people when Person A voted on inactive Person B. What does it tell you? Nothing because B never said jack, you can't infer if B said something to make someone upset, and clearly B was never close to closing the investigation since he never did jack crap. Person A could be a great townie, great scum, and you'd never be able to draw any conclusions from B's death.
    This is EXACTLY why inactives are lynched early. You have nothing to go on Day 1. Later on mafia can trip up and contradict themselves if they post, if they don't the can just lie low and dodge the bullet. It happens all the time.

I remember Auron from Mafia V said very little and had no suspicion on him, town got lucky he got shot.

They are all words, Quistis, and follow the conversation.

I've noticed a dearth of voting. Are we going with the current count?

Then why go after a one-voter? Besides, a large amount of inactives can be extremely dangerous for the town. Towards the endgame, an inactive town will be destroyed if the mafia has the voting power due to the town not being able to establish any sort of bloc. While we shouldn't slay inactive indiscriminately, it's certainly worth trying to weed them out if possible.

An inactive town is still one more person for mafia to kill whether they do it at night or not. It doesnt matter if they're here or not but that they need to be dead for mafia to win.
    Of course. But this applies to everyone. Active people can at least use their powers.
    You don't have to worry your cute little ninja patooty, Yuffie. Inactives on day 1 usually pick up their slack in the following days, provided they survive to that point.

@Quistis: My point is there is no direct link between activity and alignment as previously said, but active members we can deduce things from later on, inactives we cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Serah View Post
    There, pairing that one up. I really don't think the mafia is going to play quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by Quistis
    Call your tits, people.
    Best typo ever?

This is EXACTLY why inactives are lynched early. You have nothing to go on Day 1. Later on mafia can trip up and contradict themselves if they post, if they don't the can just lie low and dodge the bullet. It happens all the time.
    Fair enough, but I still fail to see why we assume no-voters are town.

Quote Originally Posted by Quistis
    Call your tits, people.
    Best typo ever?

Fair enough, but I still fail to see why we assume no-voters are town.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Serah View Post
    @Quistis: My point is there is no direct link between activity and alignment as previously said, but active members we can deduce things from later on, inactives we cannot.
    We can't.