Page 24 of 137 FirstFirst ... 41418192021222324252627282930344474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Gonna have to double-post since editing is bad:

How can the inactive strategy still be even under consideration when it's precisely what cost us a key town role? Remember that the mafia are working together, have more information than us, and can plan an actual strategy. The absolute worst thing you can do in this kind of situation is be predictable. Stop it at once!

TALLY
    Blank (2) - Yuffie, Noctis
    Galuf (2) - Self, Kain
    Yuffie (1) - Leila
    Penelo (1) - Refia
    Leila (1) - Blank
    Cid (1) - Rydia

I think that's where we're at. Sorry that I'm distrustful of your unvote Leila, but since the rules aren't clear and I've seen arbitrary weird stuff go down before. Well that and it's my life on the line.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    What did Laguna do or say that would make him look dangerous to the mafia? smurf all. No, if I were making decisions for the mafia, I'd go after the one person who's given any indication, however subtle, that he may be the cop.

No hit was placed on Cid.

So, it is safe to say that Cid is not the cop. What purpose would a townie have in trying to plant a red herring? To get killed in round 1? I think not. However, a Mafioso could easily try to plant the "I'm a cop" notion in the heads of the townies, knowing that he is safe from being taken out by the Mafia.

##Vote: Cid
    Conversely, consider the scenario that Cid is town. If you picked up on Cid's cop hint, and the mafia did as well, would not the Doctor have done also? Evidently Laguna did not protect himself. So if you were mafia, you would think "Well, this guy is hinting at being the Cop, but then the Doctor must have seen this too and might protect him". So you don't target the cop given the possibility for protection.

Also for the record, I stomp the hell out of anyone who says "let's vote for X for being annoying". Always have, always will. That trout is worse than the inactive fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Noctis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quistis View Post
    Current vote count:
    [M] Sazh (5) - Kain, Quistis, Refia, Rydia, SELFVOTE
    [M] Quina (4) - Quistis, Refia, Penelo, Serah, Setzer, Leila, SELFVOTE
    [M] Galuf (4) - Wakka, Serah, Blank, Laguna
    suspect mafia spread out their votes

thus you have 2 or 3 mafia in the list. Of particular note is Galuf because you can narrow it down to 3 with Laguna a proven townie. Serah's vote hopping is bold for a mafia, but the "I will crusade inactives" is a good smokescreen. Blank bandwagoned the smurfer. Wakka Wakka.
    I too enjoy that theory of mafia being involved in big votefights of innocents. Going to assume that since no big moves were made to save anyone (Laguna tried that but was town), the possible lynchees are all pretty in the clear.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yuffie View Post
    I think that's where we're at. Sorry that I'm distrustful of your unvote Leila, but since the rules aren't clear and I've seen arbitrary weird stuff go down before. Well that and it's my life on the line.
    I'm a bit unsure of some things. I just found that you didn't hesitate to jump the gun but Noctis's eagerness to protect you makes me want to wait a bit before I settle on a decision. So cute

Since mognet messaging is forbidden, it's still a fool move for the cop to hint at his role--the mafia, who can communicate with each other outside of this thread are more likely to pick up on the hint than the Doctor, who might be inactive the way SD was. In actuality, it's as foolish for any of the key roles to draw attention to themselves as it would be for the mafia, if not moreso.

I'll admit, in round 1 I was betting on Cid being the cop. Now I'm not so sure. I'm still ready and willing to change my vote if better logic is posted. I don't like acting on such incomplete information.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Noctis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quistis View Post
    Current vote count:
    [M] Sazh (5) - Kain, Quistis, Refia, Rydia, SELFVOTE
    [M] Quina (4) - Quistis, Refia, Penelo, Serah, Setzer, Leila, SELFVOTE
    [M] Galuf (4) - Wakka, Serah, Blank, Laguna
    suspect mafia spread out their votes

thus you have 2 or 3 mafia in the list. Of particular note is Galuf because you can narrow it down to 3 with Laguna a proven townie. Serah's vote hopping is bold for a mafia, but the "I will crusade inactives" is a good smokescreen. Blank bandwagoned the smurfer. Wakka Wakka.
    I too enjoy that theory of mafia being involved in big votefights of innocents. Going to assume that since no big moves were made to save anyone (Laguna tried that but was town), the possible lynchees are all pretty in the clear.
    The mafia would want an innocent to get and maintain a large lead. For this reason I think it's safe to say that Serah is a townie, since she kept changing her vote off of the leading contender. I wish I'd thought of that so I wouldn't have been part of the move that killed our key role.

Gonna have to double-post since editing is bad:

How can the inactive strategy still be even under consideration when it's precisely what cost us a key town role? Remember that the mafia are working together, have more information than us, and can plan an actual strategy. The absolute worst thing you can do in this kind of situation is be predictable. Stop it at once!
    A solid firm strategy is actually a GOOD thing. If everyone sticks to a plan things go according to an order and those who step out of line with the plan need examining. Changing strategies every day is beneficial to scum. Granted you can argue almost anything can serve scum especially if we're publicly discussing it, but a good strategy is not to be discarded.

That said, killing inactives is dumb. I absolutely believe that costs us more than it is worth as a security measure. Face it, someone chattering away is scum and the more they talk, the deeper the hole they're in is going to be when we find it.

The mafia would want an innocent to get and maintain a large lead. For this reason I think it's safe to say that Serah is a townie, since she kept changing her vote off of the leading contender. I wish I'd thought of that so I wouldn't have been part of the move that killed our key role.
    Not biting.

The only people I would consider less likely to be scum are the ones voted on: Sazh (dead), Quina, Galuf.

I should also say I have no suggestions as to what would make for a good public strategy other than what we are already doing: talking. :\

A solid firm strategy is actually a GOOD thing. If everyone sticks to a plan things go according to an order and those who step out of line with the plan need examining.
    Consistent and therefore predictable behaviour works in the favour of the party with the most information, which in this case is the mafia. By failing to adapt, we would be playing right into their hands.

If we just sit around and react to the mafia, we will lose by default. We have to find a way to force them to react to us.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Since mognet messaging is forbidden, it's still a fool move for the cop to hint at his role
    It's a fool move for anyone not under pressure or without any kind of "result" to hint at a role. Regardless of whether Cid is a cop or mafia I can't see any logical justification for making a sincere cop hint. It gets attention to you, and neither role should want this.

I should also say I have no suggestions as to what would make for a good public strategy other than what we are already doing: talking. :\
    Talking is a very good strategy if you ask me. Talking keeps everyone on their toes. One misspoken word, and you might get caught as scum.

I'm pretty happy with my vote for Blank. Refia and Noctis jumped on a wagon with me, Blank and Leila came back swinging, and then Blank attacks Leila.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

I'm pretty happy with my vote for Blank. Refia and Noctis jumped on a wagon with me, Blank and Leila came back swinging, and then Blank attacks Leila.
    REALLY? I missed that >:O What a jerk!!!

##Vote Blank