Page 25 of 137 FirstFirst ... 51519202122232425262728293031354575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Faris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yuffie View Post
    I should also say I have no suggestions as to what would make for a good public strategy other than what we are already doing: talking. :\
    Talking is a very good strategy if you ask me. Talking keeps everyone on their toes. One misspoken word, and you might get caught as scum.
    As long as we're talking about how to get the Mafia, yes. That's one way to make them react to us. Spamming and roleplaying just wastes time.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Relm View Post
    Why do people post that they just got here and need to read before they can say something? Don't post without your comprehensive insights from being absent Day 1.
    i'm going to guess it's got something to do with the raging hard-on most people around here have for inactivity and anyone who is inactive is in some way shape or form scum, in the mafia form and any other use of the word you care to choose from and therefore feel pressured into posting I'M HERE I'M HERE just so that some tit doesn't start going "x is inactive lets blame them for everything that's gone wrong "
    Pretty much this, and reading up on it, that's exactly what happened Day 1, as it does every time. I loathe the strategy of targeting inactives day 1. Regardless of their allegiance, it would suck balls to be voted out of the entire game for missing the first day, especially if you had planned to be active in the coming days.

If you want to hustle up some activity by putting a vote on an inactive, go for it, but on day one, and to an extent day two, killing someone because of inactivity is stupid and annoying. We learn nothing from their death. The only thing that we have to go on is the interactions that we have with each other. We can't spend our first few days targeting inactives. Put pressure on people who are active and can respond and hopefully slip up.
    Later in the game I'm fine with attacking those who are inactive or just popping in to say hello occasionally, yet somehow haven't been replaced for inactivity, as that's a sure sign that something is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    I should also say I have no suggestions as to what would make for a good public strategy other than what we are already doing: talking. :\
    Talking is a very good strategy if you ask me. Talking keeps everyone on their toes. One misspoken word, and you might get caught as scum.
    As long as we're talking about how to get the Mafia, yes. That's one way to make them react to us. Spamming and roleplaying just wastes time.
    I know what you mean! But, we have to remember that this game can't be fun if we leave spamming and roleplaying out of the equation. That usually is what makes Mafia fun, right?

Driving yourself crazy is fun.

Waiting on your thoughts on Blank, me, or someone else, Leon.

You should be doing the same, Faris.

Well it seems like the early majority have decided to vote for poor old Blank? Look how upset he is. Saying that, I don't really mind what you do either way, but I'm more bothered at the moment about Faris. the only problem I'm having is that I can't decide if i'm bothered just because she said something stupid or because there might be something more to her actions. I mean, she came straight in to the thread and said something to the effect of "Ro ho ho, bandwagonning already? Well I guess I'll join in with you, but I despise bandwagon voting!"

If that's the case then...why do it? I mean, what. What's the reasoning? I don't think she's actually voted for blank yet, but still. I don't understand why you would straight up say you hate something, right after saying you were going to do it anyway. Is it a scummy safe play? Like maybe if Blank were to end up getting lynched (keep in mind that this is all hypothetical seeing how early in the day it is and nothing is certain yet) and he flips town, then Faris could just come in all "Well I was just going along with the flow! " even if she knew that blank was town because she is scum herself. But again, if that's the case I don't get why you would do that and then say "but i hate doing this anyway." it's confusing, and it's a dumb thing to say, so i can't make my mind up whether or not that's the only reason I'm not happy about her. someone help me

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quistis View Post
    Oh GOD.
    xDDDD

OWNED
    xD
    What is this....? Am I the only one who's sane here?
    What's going on today with Quistis?

You she was fairly vocal yesterday, and now she's reduced to small snipits, which seemed out of context to the stuff around it.
    Have you noticed something the rest of haven't? - mostly the OH GOD, what was that in reference to? I'm curious.

Aside from that, reading through your adamant attack on inactives yesterday irked me a fair bit. You said yourself:
    I'd rather play with people whose actions I can appropriately judge. With all due respect, I have faith in my abilities to call out bulltrout.
    Why then judge people who are currently inactive if you can't appropriately do this? Later in the game sure, but right now I'd rather judge someone on what they've said or done.

I personally don't see the thing against Cid, but it'll be something to keep an eye out for as the day progresses. I'm also not entirely convinced of Blank's bandwagoning in Day 1, seemed to be regular fare. Again, keeping an eye on things as people start to post more.

I'm also unsure if people are still just throwing votes out there for the lulz - I may just be a stick in the mud here, but now is time for serious talk, not voting for so-n-so because they voted for you. I'm looking at you Blank and Leila! This sort of thing doesn't help us determine anything - unless you had some legitimate reasoning behind your voting. If that is the case, I'd like to hear it, as I'm sure everyone else would too.

(Also it is bed time, I hope you all don't get too lynch crazy! )

What are you holding your votes for, people? They'll burn holes in your pockets.

I distrust people who DON'T VOTE. If you're here and not voting, what's the plan? Only planting when you're in a position to change life or death? I know, people say don't be too hasty, but Day 2 is like Day 1 (unless you want to assert and prove otherwise) and so there shouldn't be too much angst over not knowing too much.

There's just a lot we don't know. That's a given. And we know a few things. Unless you've got a repository of excess information somewhere, the few bits of information is what you gotta work (and vote) with.

Dude the day has been open for like two hours. xD what's the absolute necessity in us voting now? not even half of the people left in the game have shown up yet. I'm starting to think that Noctis joke post about you getting some kind of benefit for forcing people to vote might have more to it than he thought.

Well it seems like the early majority have decided to vote for poor old Blank? Look how upset he is. Saying that, I don't really mind what you do either way, but I'm more bothered at the moment about Faris. the only problem I'm having is that I can't decide if i'm bothered just because she said something stupid or because there might be something more to her actions. I mean, she came straight in to the thread and said something to the effect of "Ro ho ho, bandwagonning already? Well I guess I'll join in with you, but I despise bandwagon voting!"

If that's the case then...why do it? I mean, what. What's the reasoning? I don't think she's actually voted for blank yet, but still. I don't understand why you would straight up say you hate something, right after saying you were going to do it anyway. Is it a scummy safe play? Like maybe if Blank were to end up getting lynched (keep in mind that this is all hypothetical seeing how early in the day it is and nothing is certain yet) and he flips town, then Faris could just come in all "Well I was just going along with the flow! " even if she knew that blank was town because she is scum herself. But again, if that's the case I don't get why you would do that and then say "but i hate doing this anyway." it's confusing, and it's a dumb thing to say, so i can't make my mind up whether or not that's the only reason I'm not happy about her. someone help me
    Oh, you got me! It seems I was going to vote for Blank, but I guess I must have forgotten to vote! Actually, I had no intentions to vote for him, and if I did intended to vote for him, I would have just done so right in the same post! I meant to say I would rather than I will. Slip of tongue, really.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Oh, you got me! It seems I was going to vote for Blank, but I guess I must have forgotten to vote! Actually, I had no intentions to vote for him, and if I did intended to vote for him, I would have just done so right in the same post! I meant to say I would rather than I will. Slip of tongue, really.
    what do these words even mean

What are you holding your votes for, people? They'll burn holes in your pockets.

I distrust people who DON'T VOTE. If you're here and not voting, what's the plan? Only planting when you're in a position to change life or death? I know, people say don't be too hasty, but Day 2 is like Day 1 (unless you want to assert and prove otherwise) and so there shouldn't be too much angst over not knowing too much.

There's just a lot we don't know. That's a given. And we know a few things. Unless you've got a repository of excess information somewhere, the few bits of information is what you gotta work (and vote) with.
    What's the rush, Yuffie? We have an entire day to waste and voting right away can lead to speed voting. And speed voting often leads to voting an innocent without any consideration. What, do you want us to vote for you to get this day over with? Sure, I can do that if you want!

##Vote: Yuffie

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I thought you despised bandwagons, Faris!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Noctis View Post
    I thought you despised bandwagons, Faris!
    I'm pretty sure I don't see a bandwagon on Yuffie at the moment.

Dude the day has been open for like two hours. xD what's the absolute necessity in us voting now? not even half of the people left in the game have shown up yet. I'm starting to think that Noctis joke post about you getting some kind of benefit for forcing people to vote might have more to it than he thought.
    I'm not here all day so I'd like to exert pressure while I can. The other half our people can have a lot more to work/deal with if we actually do stuff instead of post a whole lotta fluff. The more stuff set in stone now the harder it is for scum to change things to work for them. If you commit now, you're showing you're not plotting with mafia.