Page 28 of 137 FirstFirst ... 81822232425262728293031323334384878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Faris View Post
    Looks like your missing the vote on me from Noctis, Refia.
    TALLY
    Blank (2) - Yuffie, Noctis, Leila
    Galuf (2) - Self, Kain
    Yuffie (1) - Leila, Faris
    Penelo (1) - Refia
    Leila (1) - Blank
    Cid (1) - Rydia
    Rydia (1) - Leon
    Faris (1) - Noctis

Sorry I'm terrible at this.

Your an honest lass though aren't you?

I'm home (finally) Let's see. Yuffie hold your horses, people aren't throwing in their votes because it's a pain in the butt to unvote. Also, need reasons and stuff. Then again, if no one votes, no one will talk about anything, and with this being only day two... well, we don't exactly have much to go on do we.

That said
    ##VOTE: Yuffie

I did as you requested.

I still don't know who to go after, so I'll keep my vote on Penelo. It seems as good a vote as any outside the people who popped in once or twice then vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Noctis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    Of course, the same would not be true of a mafia, only the town are a threat to them.
    Oh now we all know that's not true. So why would you want us to think that?
    Do we? Explain what besides a town vote can threaten the mafia.

That's not snark, I seriously do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leon View Post
    Do you really think what Cid said was a roleclaim?
    Not necessarily, but it's all I have to go on at the moment. As I said, I'm ready and willing to change my vote given anything more substantial.

pretty sure he's referring to a Cult, Rydia. which, given the size of the game and the mindsmurf nature of it, is a geniune possibilty.

Geez, slow down xD

Relm love your picture. xD And Yuffie, committing now shows you're not plotting with mafia? How the heck does that work?? At this point in the day no one is committing except maybe you. =P (meanyshorts)

Refia aww you think I'm funny You are around all the time and posting a lot of tallies though, what about thoughts on any of the accusations?

Rydia, if Cid's post was a subtle roleclaim and there's a chance he's a cop, why draw attention to it with the doctor dead? You said there's not much to go on. If you're not sure, shouldn't you have waited to see what Cid said today?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Blank View Post
    Rydia, if Cid's post was a subtle roleclaim and there's a chance he's a cop, why draw attention to it with the doctor dead? You said there's not much to go on. If you're not sure, shouldn't you have waited to see what Cid said today?
    Because I do not at this juncture believe him to be the cop, but it points to the possibility of his being mafia--if indeed it was a roleclaim.

Now: I've re-read Day 1 again in the "what would I do if I were mafia" mindset looking for reasons why they would go after Laguna. I've found remarkably little, except this:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Laguna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quistis View Post
    As is every vote.
    Not really. Sure you never know what the person is until the flip, but at least by voting for people with posts you can make an educated guess. Voting for someone who has presented no evidence is by definition an uneducated guess.
    So long shot theory: The mafia gunned him down because they don't want him to convince us not to vote for inactives?

Pretty much everything Laguna said on day one besides this was fairly frivolous and in no way a threat to the mafia.

Alternate theory: We know that the mafia are aware of each other, and therefore the townies. What other information might they be privy to?

1) They could know who is playing each role -- this would be a reason to put a hit on Laguna, because they knew he was Del Murder and therefore an experienced player. The mafiosos, therefore, would have advance knowledge on Day 1 that Laguna was a deader.

2) They know who has key roles, and went after the Doctor to prevent him from messing with their hits.

If supposition 2) is true, we're well and truly smurfed, so let us apply the Fistoulari principle: If you need something to be true, assume it is. We must assume that they do not know who the townie key roles are and that leaves supposition 1) as the only logical explanation.

To most of us, this is more or less essentially useless information, but there may be a second Doctor or previously unseen key roles amongst the townies. With that in mind, I address the following statement to the holders of said key roles: Try to figure out who is played by whom as quickly as possible, and use whatever capabilities you have to block the mafia from knocking out experienced players.

What?!?! Laguna is dead?!?! You have some explaining to do now, don't you, Serah! You think I'm going to sit idly by when the doctor comes up dead after you received a special investigative report!?!?! I was willing to blow myself up to protect the world from Shinra, and I'm willing to risk my life on the line to expose you! What have you to say for yourself, Mafia scum!!!

##Vote: Serah

What I've noticed:

Rydia's claims: Pretty much grasping for straws. Some random Cop call that doesn't make sense, then doing the "BUT THAT'S WHAT MAFIA WOULD WANT US TO THINK" which just never makes any sense.

Yesterdays voting from my perspective:
    [M] Sazh (5) - Kain, Quistis, Refia, Rydia
    [M] Quina (4) - Quistis, Penelo, Setzer, Leila
    [M] Galuf (4) - Wakka, Serah, Blank, Laguna

So I'd suspect either Blank or Wakka is mafia if Galuf is innocent or if Galuf is mafia I'd expect them both to be town. From Sazh's death, I draw very little. It's possible they piled on to make a death occur, it's possible they didn't. Without knowing more about Quina or Galuf it's tough to tell.

Something about the Laguna kill sits oddly with me In such a large game I would've expected 2 things. More than one killing role and for the doctor to protect himself early on. Honestly I don't know what conclusions to draw for last night's turn of events. I'd love to hear what Noctis thinks about it. Callin' you out dawg Why? You've said a lot. Especially this...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Noctis View Post
    Don't you dare say a bad word about Kain, Quistis. I've got Kain's back. Kain is a true loyal townie. You be extra nice to him.

Or else.

Why so buddy with Kain? Fill me in what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yuffie View Post
    The mafia would want an innocent to get and maintain a large lead. For this reason I think it's safe to say that Serah is a townie, since she kept changing her vote off of the leading contender. I wish I'd thought of that so I wouldn't have been part of the move that killed our key role.
    Not biting.

The only people I would consider less likely to be scum are the ones voted on: Sazh (dead), Quina, Galuf.
    Explain. Why would you think voting in the large piles can't be scum?

For now.
    ##vote: Rydia

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Blank View Post
    Because I do not at this juncture believe him to be the cop, but it points to the possibility of his being mafia--if indeed it was a roleclaim.

Now: I've re-read Day 1 again in the "what would I do if I were mafia" mindset looking for reasons why they would go after Laguna. I've found remarkably little, except this:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Laguna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quistis View Post
    As is every vote.
    Not really. Sure you never know what the person is until the flip, but at least by voting for people with posts you can make an educated guess. Voting for someone who has presented no evidence is by definition an uneducated guess.
    So long shot theory: The mafia gunned him down because they don't want him to convince us not to vote for inactives?

Pretty much everything Laguna said on day one besides this was fairly frivolous and in no way a threat to the mafia.

Alternate theory: We know that the mafia are aware of each other, and therefore the townies. What other information might they be privy to?

1) They could know who is playing each role -- this would be a reason to put a hit on Laguna, because they knew he was Del Murder and therefore an experienced player. The mafiosos, therefore, would have advance knowledge on Day 1 that Laguna was a deader.

2) They know who has key roles, and went after the Doctor to prevent him from messing with their hits.

If supposition 2) is true, we're well and truly smurfed, so let us apply the Fistoulari principle: If you need something to be true, assume it is. We must assume that they do not know who the townie key roles are and that leaves supposition 1) as the only logical explanation.

To most of us, this is more or less essentially useless information, but there may be a second Doctor or previously unseen key roles amongst the townies. With that in mind, I address the following statement to the holders of said key roles: Try to figure out who is played by whom as quickly as possible, and use whatever capabilities you have to block the mafia from knocking out experienced players.
    Your assertions make no sense. Mafia is not imparted with either of these.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Wedge View Post
    What?!?! Laguna is dead?!?! You have some explaining to do now, don't you, Serah! You think I'm going to sit idly by when the doctor comes up dead after you received a special investigative report!?!?! I was willing to blow myself up to protect the world from Shinra, and I'm willing to risk my life on the line to expose you! What have you to say for yourself, Mafia scum!!!

Hi. I'm Serah. Nice to meet you. Now what the smurf are you talking about?

In what way is Serah responsible for Laguna's death? She voted for Galuf, and vote-hopped to avoid being in on the killing vote. That's a townie strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Serah View Post
    What I've noticed:

Rydia's claims: Pretty much grasping for straws. Some random Cop call that doesn't make sense, then doing the "BUT THAT'S WHAT MAFIA WOULD WANT US TO THINK" which just never makes any sense.
    As I've said, no, it's not much to go on, but it's all I've got at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Serah View Post
    Something about the Laguna kill sits oddly with me In such a large game I would've expected 2 things. More than one killing role and for the doctor to protect himself early on.
    Point: Why didn't Laguna protect himself? What did he know that we don't?

At this point, I think Wedge's attempt to throw suspicion on Serah is more suspicious than Cid's maybe-roleclaim.

##Unvote: Cid
    ##Vote: Wedge

Don't play innocent with me, you better come with a better excuse than "I don't know what you're talking about." I sent you a report and now the subject of that report is dead.

Don't play innocent with me, you better come with a better excuse than "I don't know what you're talking about." I sent you a report and now the subject of that report is dead.
    Speak english please?

##Unvote: Cid
    ##Vote: Wedge
    I'm OK with this, you want to lynch me, that's fine, but the moment I flip everyone will know I'm right and when they do they will go after those who voted against me.

Rydia, no offense, but the idea that the mafia knows who we are is stupid, and the idea that they know who has the good roles is beyond stupid. Either one of those would make the game so broke it wouldn't even be fun.