Page 35 of 137 FirstFirst ... 152529303132333435363738394041455585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kain View Post
    Yeah, no, he couldn't. You're not allowed to PM anyone in a mafia game. So unless it was in his role he wouldn't be able to send anything.

And even if it was his role, what kind of idiot jumps to the conclusions he did? And so openly? Such reports are not given in the night phase, but when the day has started again, so the mafia could never use a report like that on night one.
    You are not understanding what I've said. If he's lying and is mafia he'll have to think each night, "Who am I going to say I investigated? And to who?" Then publicly announce that he investigated x and gave it to y. Then it'll be reveal that person didn't get a PM. If he's mafia, he made a roleclaim that will get him lynched eventually so I see no reason to jump on killing him today.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Serah View Post
    Noctis, I am for believing it because if he is mafia, he now needs to make up a report, every. night. There is no way he is going to be able to keep that up.
    Yes, that is what he will need to do. Except he hasn't done that yet, has he? We've only had one night's report. Don't be so hasty to jump ahead and let's take tomorrow's report as it comes.

Also, I never said he was mafia.

And I never said I'm jumping ahead but there is certainly no reason to lynch him now when he could be very, very obvious later

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Noctis View Post
    I'm not for lynching him

You're thinking in terms of "Why would a mafia do this? This makes no sense." and you're right. But ask another question. "Why would a town do this?"

Incompetence? Or something a little... grey? Mindsmurf mafia. Haho. Bollocks to Wedge and bollocks to his reports. I've got a train to catch.

To Blanksville.

Ain't no getting off this train we're on. Although I'd love to hear what's fueling the fire.

I suppose there a 50/50 chance Wedge isn't scum. I acknowledge the arguments. But as Noctis said, it can be both ways. And seeing as, right now, I have no one else that I think could be scum, I'm going to keep my vote where it is. However, it's a fair chance I will switch it to someone else when I've had a chance to more thouroughly analyze the comments.

It could be both ways. Or, and this is what I want it to be, it could be Option C.

Hello! Guys! Frogs! And stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quina View Post
    Stuff? What stuff? Scum stuff? Goon stuff?

:P

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quina View Post
    I've got a riddle for you.

What's dead, dead and dead all over?

I just read through this entire thread, more or less. Can't remember--was Wedge being voted for a lot that caused him to role claim? It seems a bit ridiculous for him to go out on a limb like that, otherwise. But the story he weaves, who knows?

I know it's sort of late in the game, but Rydia's "Oh, Cid is the cop" because of the most absolutely obscure comment ever, about returning later to see if anything interesting had happened...it seems like Rydia is the most vocal person about everyone else, but has never once spoken about herself.

Sleeping and doing stuff after I wake up, accused of being inactive. Never change, mafia.

But, since I have been away stuff certainly has taken off. But to touch on things I thought whilst reading through - I realise that much of this has already been said but we all like to pretend our opinions are more important than the same opinions that have been posted already.

Yuffie - pushing for votes at the start of the day is a bit hasty, as has been said. I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing not to vote until you have reason to - not to say that there should be no voting, because that is obviously a dumb move for us to make. I'm not feeling anything too scummy from you, but the entire thing has me feeling a bit wary.

Wedge/Serah debacle - The entire thing has me feeling a bit confused. I don't think either of them are lying, but I don't understand why the claim was made at all. I am fairly suspicious of the entire debacle. However I am leaning more towards a silly gut reaction from Wedge along with some unfortunate circumstances. But, time will tell how true his words were.

Now that the big things are over, little bits that I've picked up on.

Refia - she is around the thread a lot and she's paying enough attention to post vote tallies every now and again. However, we haven't heard very much from her at all regarding... anything. Enough posting to appear active, but not really posting substance. Her voting is also fairly erratic, as has been pointed out by Quina (damn my sleeping, all my ideas are stolen before I can even have them ). Basically, I'd like to hear more from her.
    Same with Quistis, actually. A lot of posting, not very much substance. Just want to hear more from the people who are hovering around the thread. It's a suspicious play, people who give the air of activity.

And then there's the rest of the people who haven't posted today yet. Still got some time, guys! These are my thoughts so far (I think that's them all, at least xD), if anything else comes to mind I shall post away! I will also endeavour to keep up with the thread and not fall into that "air of activity" I mentioned before.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

QUOTE='[M] Serah;3166149']Accounts in Play
    [M] Noctis
    [M] Wedge - I believe his roleclaim for now
    [M] Biggs
    [M] Leon
    [M] Leila
    [M] Refia
    [M] Luneth
    [M] Rydia
    [M] Kain
    [M] Faris
    [M] Galuf
    [M] Relm
    [M] Setzer
    [M] Yuffie
    [M] Cid
    [M] Laguna - Murdered, Night 1 - Doctor
    [M] Quistis
    [M] Quina
    [M] Blank
    [M] Wakka
    [M] Rikku
    [M] Penelo
    [M] Balthier
    [M] Serah - Me
    [M] Sazh - Lynched, Day 1 - Day Vigilante

So that leaves me 21 players to examine.

There are plenty lying low:
    1. Galuf
    2. Balthier
    3. Penelo
    4. Quina
    5. Setzer
    6. Cid
    7. Luneth
    8. Liela

But we have some info to go off of now, unlike day one. So I'll turn away from inactives now, meaning I have 13 players to look at.
    [/QUOTE]

For good reason this day. Look at all the accusations being thrown around. All you have to do is cough in the wrong direction then suddenly your head is on the chopping block.

Good morning. We're decorating for Christmas so I wont be as active today.

The way I see it we can have two lines of investigation OR we can focus on one line and shut it down. One involves letting both Serah and Wedge live so we can see how these Wedge Reports play out, while we look at our current suspects, and the other is to kill them now and make sure they both aren't scum. I'm in favor of letting this drama play out.

I don't know why Serah did or did not get a report, but I do not think this means we need to immediately kill Wedge. What Serah is right about is that now every morning someone is expected to have a Wedge Report. A few things may happen, but here are three general outlines.
    1. Wedge lives. Someone claims a Wedge Report.
    2. Wedge dies. Someone claims a Wedge Report
    3. Wedge lives. No one claims a Wedge Report.

What we figure out here is that if:
    1 is true then Wedge may confirm to whom he gave a Report to. Whether you trust that person is by how much you should trust Wedge. Both could be scum.
    2 is true then we get a confirm on his role and we get a Wedge Report. Despite being town, he may have sent his Report to the wrong person.
    3 is true then Wedge probably is town and has been roleblocked OR is dirty mafia and is playing this route.

What I do sincerely know is that now we have to get daily reports, then we get a list of names. Whether it be the person investigated or the person receiving, we get a name. I want those names.