Page 26 of 137 FirstFirst ... 61620212223242526272829303132364676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cid View Post
    I don't want to start a Day 1 attempt at scumhunting until the majority of participants have posted. Day 1 is always a troutshow of jokeposting anyway. But I'll be back later to see if I can pick up on anything.
    Here we are on Day 2 with nothing but circumstantial evidence. Well, here's some more: Who could be confident of having something to go on at the start of Day 2? Only the cop. Even with a failed investigation, the cop would know there was someone trustworthy.

Now, put yourself in the position of the mafia. Imagine that you and you alone have to make decisions for the mafia. Who would you have killed? What did Laguna do or say that would make him look dangerous to the mafia? smurf all. No, if I were making decisions for the mafia, I'd go after the one person who's given any indication, however subtle, that he may be the cop.

No hit was placed on Cid.

So, it is safe to say that Cid is not the cop. What purpose would a townie have in trying to plant a red herring? To get killed in round 1? I think not. However, a Mafioso could easily try to plant the "I'm a cop" notion in the heads of the townies, knowing that he is safe from being taken out by the Mafia.

##Vote: Cid
    I'm not very comfortable with this line of reasoning. Are you saying that Cid claimed cop by saying "I'll be back later to see if I can pick up on anything."? Then him not dying last night makes him scum because the Mafia would have picked up on this small hint and shot him for it?
    I don't buy it.

When reading through it all, I thought that the mafia would have shot Laguna for being a vocal, reasonable townie. IMO killing a good player like Del (who knows, maybe they guessed it was him, some people are good at that), would be more beneficial to the mafia than a weak hint of being a cop.

I don't find this evidence to be very substantial at all, both your call that this was a role claim, and that it certainly makes him not a cop, and therefore scummy.

It all makes me uncomfortable. Care to elaborate?

##Vote: Lydia

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Faris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Noctis View Post
    I thought you despised bandwagons, Faris!
    I'm pretty sure I don't see a bandwagon on Yuffie at the moment.
    You'll note that both I and Relm found Yuffie's vote-campaigning to be curious prior to your own move against her. 'tis a more subtle bandwagon than had we both voted for her, granted, but then this is a game of subtle acts.

The choice to vote or not vote early on is moot. We can change our votes, only what happens at the end counts.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Faris View Post
    What's the rush, Yuffie? We have an entire day to waste and voting right away can lead to speed voting. And speed voting often leads to voting an innocent without any consideration. What, do you want us to vote for you to get this day over with? Sure, I can do that if you want!

##Vote: Yuffie
    That would be a good indicator of who to lynch next, right?

Doubtful we'll reach the...12? majority we need to speed lynch anyone anyway and it'd be suspicious if anyone tried to make it so.

It's time for an updated tally boys and girls.

TALLY
    Blank (3) - Yuffie, Noctis, Leila
    Galuf (2) - Self, Kain
    Yuffie (1) - Leila, Faris
    Penelo (1) - Refia
    Leila (1) - Blank
    Cid (1) - Rydia

I think I got them all. Seems Blankykins is a popular boy this day.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leon View Post
    ##Vote: Lydia
    Is this valid? I don't even

IMO killing a good player like Del (who knows, maybe they guessed it was him, some people are good at that), would be more beneficial to the mafia than a weak hint of being a cop.
    While this is very true, certain players can be more effective than a cop. For example, Psychotic, a man many would consider to be EoFF's best ever mafia player. He actually has a better track record at finding scum in mafia games than cops do, and you can look up that curious statistic if you do not believe me! So why kill Del instead of Psychotic, a man who is surely worth a hundred Del Murders? A thousand, even!

TEN THOUSAND DEL MURDERS

You can't be looking at the meta or even basing judgments on it unless you're scum.

Ehhh Skyrim on the brain.
    ##Unvote: Lydia
    ##Vote: Rydia

Wow, a lot of pages already, gotta read all this and eat dinner which means I'll have to read more when I'm done with dinner!

Will try to catch up be right back.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yuffie View Post
    You can't be looking at the meta or even basing judgments on it unless you're scum.
    A MILLION DEL MURDERS!

Because what can be clearly read is LYNCH PSYCHOTIC because he would be a mafia target if he wasn't mafia.

Ehhh Skyrim on the brain.
    ##Unvote: Lydia
    ##Vote: Rydia
    Lcuky for you I'm not the mod. I wouldn't take it lightly you tarnishing my sweet Rydia's beautiful name.

TALLY
    Blank (3) - Yuffie, Noctis, Leila
    Galuf (2) - Self, Kain
    Yuffie (1) - Leila, Faris
    Penelo (1) - Refia
    Leila (1) - Blank
    Cid (1) - Rydia
    Rydia (1) - Leon

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yuffie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Relm View Post
    Dude the day has been open for like two hours. xD what's the absolute necessity in us voting now? not even half of the people left in the game have shown up yet. I'm starting to think that Noctis joke post about you getting some kind of benefit for forcing people to vote might have more to it than he thought.
    I'm not here all day so I'd like to exert pressure while I can. The other half our people can have a lot more to work/deal with if we actually do stuff instead of post a whole lotta fluff. The more stuff set in stone now the harder it is for scum to change things to work for them. If you commit now, you're showing you're not plotting with mafia.
    So that's your game, eh Yuffie? To trick the town into thinking you're not plotting with the mafia by committing now, when actually you're a scum who is setting up a nice barrier for herslef! I'm on to you, ha, ha!

Seriously though, no, not really. Fair enough if you're going to have to leave soon, but even still, commiting now shows bollock all of the sort. It just means that you're slamming a vote down without any real information or anything to go off under the pretense of FORCING ACTION. What good is it to set anything in stone if you're setting a townie up for a lynch? Keep in mind that I don't actually have any problem with your vote for Blank as I said before, I just don't agree at all that people should be voting 2 hours into a day. Although that also might have something to do with me personally not being a fan of vote hopping. Whatever.