Page 31 of 137 FirstFirst ... 112125262728293031323334353637415181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

I...I'm lost, here.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Wakka View Post
    Well this is going nowhere fast. Gonna go play some vidya, bbs.
    That's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rydia View Post
    Does anybody understand the idea behind brainstorming? At all?
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Refia View Post
    it's only because of that weak cop role dropping idea.
    Well, that answers that question.
    Brainstorming is generation of ideas. Yes you're making ideas, but ones that don't make sense and aren't helpful. Everyone agrees that there is little to go on Day 1. Saying that doesn't make you a cop or mafia for that matter. Look at the important things, votes, and things we've learned from deaths. Well and now our singular roleclaim.

Well I'm going to go to sleep, so I'll switch my vote.

##Unvote: Panelo
    ##Vote: Wakka

Only because he doesn't understand the beauty of my Rydia.

Wut. If Rydia is number 2, then who is number 1?

PS, got bored, came back.

Wakka if you are truly bored, why don't you read through and give thoughts about everything said so far! There's been a lot of it, from roleclaims, to Cop accusations, to buddy-buddys.

[QUOTE='[M] Serah;3166122']Brainstorming is generation of ideas.[QUOTE]

Brainstorming is throwing out ideas whether or not they're fully developed or whether there's enough information to satisfy the Nobel Committee or not and hopefully sparking new ideas in others. What is happening here is I'm throwing out partially developed ideas and people are just saying "That's idiotic and you're an idiot for saying it. By the way, I have nothing productive to add."

The latter strategy works to the mafia's advantage.

I haven't seen anybody else suggest anything unique or outside the box--nor are they likely to at this point, given the reception my attempt has raised.

Re-playing previous mafia games with the same tactics begets predictability, and that works out to the advantage of the party with the greater store of information: the mafia. We'll never make them react to us instead of having us react to them if everyone just does what they did in previous mafia games.

On that point, Wedge is the only one who's actually tried anything new; thus, I've reconsidered my vote for him -- if he is mafia, it's reaction and not action.

##Unvote: Wedge
    ##Vote: Galuf
    (If only to prompt a reaction)

k.

I don't get the impression that Wedge is lying. But, if he isn't that means either YOU are, or we have a bus driver (stay quiet bro)

The thing is, if we have a bus driver, then surely someone could come forward and reveal that they recieved the info from wedge, they wouldn't have to reveal their role at all, and it wouldn't cause any danger to them, because it already happened in the past. Either way, I figure wedge is gonna bite it tonight.

What do you guys think, should we make a shoutout to whoever got the info to come forward to confirm wedge and make serah not look like a liar?

I knew when I said something I was opening myself up to be either night killed or lynched, therefore do not blow me off as a lunatic. The bus driver thing is a possibility but highly consequential and I don't want to believe that in a game with 25 players I just happened to choose to send an investigation report to someone who happened to be switched with another player who happened to be mafia that ended with the doctor being dead. If that is true, then I have the worst luck ever and it would make every mean nothing.

Some logic:

There are 4 possible scenarios to Wedge and me, one is mafia (2 scenarios total), both are town, both are mafia.

If I was mafia and Wedge claimed I was given a report, denying it would mean I'd label him a lair, which would mean swaying the town to kill him. Killing him would reveal he was truthful, damning myself. If I was mafia, I would have no reason to say I did not receive a report.
    If Wedge was mafia, he'd have no reason to make up this charade. Me denying an action and getting labeled as a liar by him, getting me lynched, would have me flip town. This would make him be damned the next day.
    If we were both mafia, would be drawing a huge amount of attention to ourselves.
    Most likely, we are both town. A bus driver is NOT the only option on why I didn't receive info. A roleblocking role could be in play.

Is that all you have to say Wakka? You have nothing to say about Rydia? Kain? Noctis? or any of the other posters here?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Wedge View Post
    I knew when I said something I was opening myself up to be either night killed or lynched
    Upon further thought, perhaps not. If you are a townie and nightkilled, we not only find that out, but learn your role; that ends your usefulness to the mafia as a red herring. If they don't nightkill you, we will continue to be suspicious.

By nightkilling you, if you are a townie, the mafia ensures that we lynch Serah next. Not a course of action the mafia would be eager to encourage if she is indeed mafia.

Sheeesh! Spell check sucks! I meant coincidental not consequential, also if everything means nothing I will be haunting me a moogle when I'm gone!

Rydia again you are ignoring option 4 where we are both town and Wedge was roleblocked, switched, or something else specific to his role made the investigation fail.

Collecting votecount brb.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Serah View Post
    A roleblocking role could be in play.
    ...why didn't I think of that?

Which means this whole troutstorm has been town reacting to mafia.

This game makes me paranoid.