Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squall The Impaled

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

The Squall is Dead theory is almost as stupid as the Rinoa is Ultimecia theory.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Final Fantasy VIII is almost as stupid as the Tidus is actually a Dream theory.

Oh, wait a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mage Coffman View Post
    Final Fantasy VIII is almost as stupid as the Tidus is actually a Dream theory.

Oh, wait a minute...
    Haha... haha... no...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Or not consuming enough healthy fish during the apocalypse. ;__;
    What?
    Haven't played a certain game, I presume?
    Possible, I suppose. Or more possible I didn't pay close enough attention to certain parts of the game to know what the hell this is about.

Anyway, I'm gonna carry on with the newfound belief that Squall is a dream of Rinoa's fabrication.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Blog Entries

All of FFVIII was just a bad dream.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

As in, Square producing and releasing VIII was just a nightmare you're still hoping to wake from?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

And I always thought the only dream in Final Fantasy VIII is about a moron.

Final Fantasy VIII has a in my opinion good but by far not the best story. Definitely interpreted by far more than it means but it is a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    This is looked at in the same way as someone saying "Why can't you just use a phoenix down on a character who's death is plot related?".
    In early Final Fantasys you were able to die and you have been brought back in churches. Now it is just: Story dimension: real, Battle dimension: not real except the demonstration and that a battle itself happened without counting that it really happened how you see it (stats, moves which can never be used against characters or enemies in the real storyline when it comes to comparing their power). Magic like "Death" is just called that because it is fitting for the system which includes stats. In fact normally magic and items cannot bring you back to life. It is like being unconscious - the only special case is Rachel in Final Fantasy VI who is in some sleeping beauty death-like state and where Phoenix really has some story effect. Nevertheless death normally cannot be cured in Final Fantasy. What would characters like Tellah, Galuf, Leo, Aerith, Odin, Brane, Kuja, Reks, Rasler, et cetera say? "You bastard! Just buy that damn Phoenix Down!" - "Sorry, no Gil." Not everything in the battle dimension means what it shows. Attacks for example only demonstrate, what characters and enemies can do. The attack itself, not that is works against every character like people would (normally jokingly) say about characters like Sabin (who can lift many things without a doubt but not like Superman) or Tifa (who can also not lift a WEAPON but you would assume it by just looking at the Battle dimension.

When it comes to theories at least I think the one about Ultimecia, even though it is also wroing, is a bit more interesting. Finding out that nothing of what you experienced, really happened and not having one real moment to show that this is really what is meant, which is also missing for the Ultimecia theory in case you do no over-interprete too much, is really bad.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-19-2012 at 09:45 PM.

I'm not sensing a lot of ffviii fans on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverof Enola View Post
    I'm not sensing a lot of ffviii fans on this thread.
    I guess many Final Fantasy VIII fans are here but theory fans are less here.