Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sibling Opposites

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Sibling Opposites

They say siblings are the polar opposite of yourself. My sister wears Abercrombie, is part of the cheerleading squad, thinks ripped jeans are cool, a poor student, talks like a valley girl, wants to date at the age of 12, and wears makeup.

When I was 12 I wouldn't even dream of doing any of these things, and now that I'm 22, I still don't do most it. Even though we have a huge age gap, it's still amazing to me how different she is.

Do you have any siblings? If so, are they extremely different from you? If you're an older child, do your parents go easier on the young one(s)?

Blog Entries

All I have are step siblings. They aren't at all like me and not really like each other!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I am the oldest of six kids and I raised all five of my younger siblings correctly so all they do is stay inside and play video games. I'm so proud :}

My brother is full-on casual though and just plays DotA and stuff.

Also my sisters think Oblivion is the best Elder Scrolls game so I need to have a talk to them about that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I am the oldest of six kids and I raised all five of my younger siblings correctly so all they do is stay inside and play video games. I'm so proud :}

Also my sisters think Oblivion is the best Elder Scrolls game so I need to have a talk to them about that.
    You're sister sounds like a very smart girl.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Nope, just me. If I had siblings I would have been the oldest and probably a terrible older sister.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Which one? I have four!

One of them can kick my ass in Tetris Attack. I'm so proud :')

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Which one? I have four!

One of them can kick my ass in Tetris Attack. I'm so proud :')

The one that prefers Oblivion of course!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Some people have to say something, some people have something to say. This phrase describes my brother and I very well. My brother is the loudest person in the history of noisy mothersmurfers. I know this might not fit with your preconceived ideas about me, EoFF, but I am actually quiet and reserved most of the time! Even the way we walk - he stomps around the house whereas you would never know I was there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Some people have to say something, some people have something to say. This phrase describes my brother and I very well. My brother is the loudest person in the history of noisy mothersmurfers. I know this might not fit with your preconceived ideas about me, EoFF, but I am actually quiet and reserved most of the time! Even the way we walk - he stomps around the house whereas you would never know I was there.
    I always know where you are, in my heart

Blog Entries

I have a lot of older siblings, who are all adults in their 40s now. My dad is quite older than my mom, and he's been married many times before they met. I'm not really close to any of them. I mean, we see each other occasionally, but that's all.

Now, I have an older half-brother (he's from Japanese), and I have a younger sister. I am nothing like any of them, meaning I am far better than either one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    This describes my sister and I too. We're actually opposites in most other ways too excluding our opinions.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think my sisters and I are all pretty similar but hold different traits and roles. Even the one I don't like I find similarities of myself in her. I am obnoxiously bossy and argumentative, Erica is pretty happy-go-lucky and social, Amanda is horrendously stubborn but incredibly smart and Alicia is the youngest and loudest. Amanda and I are the most alike.

My mom went easier on my younger sisters and completely gave up with the youngest one.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    They say siblings are the polar opposite of yourself.
    Is that a thing? Because I've never heard that before.

My brother and I are different, but I don't really know anyone who is exactly like me. We share a lot of similarities though. We both love adventure, doing new things, exploring. We love our dogs. We're quick to anger. We have a weird sense of humor. We share a lot of core values like appreciating family, friends, food. We tend to be rather generous. But I think these are just the result of being raised in the same way.

He's more outgoing, chatty, friendly with strangers. I'm more introverted, more well read and educated. But he has more common sense. I'm more responsible and thoughtful. He's more spontaneous and I'm a planner. He's not as empathetic as I am, or as obsessive. He and I both claim to be lazy, but I really am lazy and he's just more forgetful and doesn't do things because he just doesn't remember to.

Blog Entries

I think what they say is that a person's personality is affected by in which order children are born. We consider the eldest the leader, the youngest the spoiled baby, the middle one more artistic, et cetera. I am sure others can provide other common ideas.

Once you have more than one sibling, it is hard to imagine all of them, with their varied personalities, to be opposites of little old you.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have two younger brothers, considering I'm the oldest. The middle one, has always been considered the trouble maker of the three. He's a lot like my mom in many ways, so they tend to butt heads quite a bit. My youngest brother, he's somewhat of a goofball. Both of my brothers don't have a hard time making friends, whereas I do. I usually have to rely on them to make any friends around, but I tend to do good. They also don't seem to lack self confidence. :3 I'm like... a bit of an oddball, considering I'm nothing like my mom, though I do share a lot of my dad's traits.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.