Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Meal

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Default Last Meal

I feel like rambling. Join me.

I was reading about final meal requests (I suppose I was in a morbid mood?), and I thought some of my observations were interesting. This isn't a comprehensive list. I just read about 30 people or so, and it's entirely unscientific. Just the way I likes it.

By race

Black Men: The most popular choice appeared to be cheeseburgers, or fried chicken. Seems like a majority them requested one of those. It was really close. Followed by the occasional steak or pork chop. Popular sides were greens, buttered corn, french fries, chef salads, and things like that. Some times it would be a breakfast item. Desserts appeared to mostly be different types of cake or ice cream. Coke and Dr. Pepper were popular drinks. Sweet tea was also up there.

White Men: It's true. They love sandwiches. Well, cheeseburgers, but that's in the sandwich family. This was probably tied with fried chicken. Then of course there were a few steaks and pork chops. Their sides were also pretty similar to everyone else, but they seemed to also like mashed potatoes a little more. I can understand, as creamed potatoes kick ass. White people also ordered TexMex and several of them did the whole breakfast for dinner. Once again Coke, Dr. Pepper, and sweet tea were frequently requested. Cake or ice cream was also a very popular dessert.

Hispanic Men: The entrees were usually TexMex, fried chicken and burgers. Everyone likes fried chicken or a burger apparently. Sides were the usual salads and things. Desserts were also typical, with pie, cake, and ice cream.

Unusual requests: Cup of hot tea and six chocolate chip cookies, a bag of Jolly Ranchers, an entire bowl of salad dressing, a single olive with the pit still in and nothing else, only cool whip and cherries, only a single pot of coffee.

Females: There were only two, so it's basically nothing to go on. A banana, a peach, a garden salad with ranch dressing. The other one wanted a bag of cheetos and a soda. I guess they didn't eat much because they were still worried about getting fat? No? Fiiine.

Rambling: One thing was interesting. 3-4 people asked for KFC fried chicken, and they were all white, from what I recall. I'll have to side with the everyone on this one. If I'm going to die, I want it hand breaded and fried. They also liked fast food in general. Dominos and Burger Kind made a few appearances. Fast food as a last meal?

Other than white people and their fast food and "brinner", everyone seemed to have really similar taste.

Some people really love to gorge themselves. I suppose they're trying to enjoy every favorite thing one last time.

No one ordered any alcohol! Maybe it has something to do with the lethal injection, but if not then I'm completely surprised. Before I go, I want a beer. Several people ordered a lot of soda. 6 to 15 cans.

Ordering cheeseburgers and fried chicken at the same time was popular across the board.

So now that my random rambling is out of the way, what would be your last meal? Y'know, besides the obligatory chicken fried cheese burger. I still can't decide. I want everything from a bento box, to lobster, to meatloaf with mashed potatoes with gravy and broccoli. That's right, it's another thread about food!

Feel free to ramble about any of my ramblings too. Some of those last requests were odd.

Finally, let's keep it light hearted. Any debates about your stance on the death penalty should be taken to EOEO. This is for your last meal thoughts, or your thoughts on the last meal requests of others.

Either a full breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, eggs overeasy, toast, etc. or Olive Garden. :x Stuffed mushrooms, fettuccine alfredo and plenty of salad and breadsticks. XD I'm leaning towards full breakfast though. <3Breakfast. lol

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

A Sunday Roast Dinner.

/thread

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Waffle House and a fifth of Jack.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Filet mignon and mushroom risotto. With asparagus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Soylent Green. Got a reputation to keep, amirite?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'd order a Philadelphia roll, eel roll, and spicy tuna roll.

Then some chicken tikka masala, basmati rice, coconut soup, vegetable korma, and paneer naan.

Then probably some green curry with chicken.

I want to die as an Asian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Ooh, so many delicious choices, although the circumstances are less delicious.

Last meal? Hmm, probably, likely, some seafood lasagna.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Something basic like a Sausage and Swiss cheese omelet. Hash browns on the side and small pancakes. Good stuff, man.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A roast beef dinner, with yorkshire pudding, roast parsnips, carrots, peas, mashed and roast potatoes, savoy cabbage.... the works.

I don't know about Dessert, maybe I'd just ask them to give me a full chocolate gateaux and a spoon.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Taco buffet and fried mushrooms.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Steeeeak on top of garlic bread with cheese, shriiiiiimp, garlic mashed potatoes, veggie medley (WITHOUT CARROTS ), rice pilaf, cheese cake...You know what? Just give me the entire fridge.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

A crayfish in garlic butter sauce placed on top of a thick cut of rib eye, a breast of duck confit, potatoes au gratin, and some pasta agli e olio on the side. For dessert a slice of plain cheesecake.
    Last edited by Pheesh; 11-20-2012 at 05:29 PM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Pot roast, potatoes, corn, and french bread to soak the gravy up with. Om nom.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My mom's pot roast and mashed potatoes and my family's peach dessert to follow, accompanied by as much gin as I can down before they inject me.

I am ashamed of those ladies who ordered bananas and salads (unless they were vegetarian).