Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play an MMO with me =]

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle Play an MMO with me =]

After some cursory research into MMOs, I'm thinking of playing one of these:

Wakfu - old skool graphics, FFT style fighting.

Elsworld - action/combo style fighting, like Marvel Super Heroes etc.

Anyone interested? :3

Edit: Okie I decided on Wakfu, since I don't have a mouse...
    Last edited by Jojee; 11-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

You should play SWTOR, be a sith, and you could be my apprentice. Search your feelings, you know it to be awesome!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Star Wars MMO? xD That sounds...awful. *dies*

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Well, it's an MMO, so it's going to be awful. But it's one of the better ones I've played. Bioware did a good job, and the stories are great.

Play Reublic though.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

TORtanic is in fact awful, so much so that it's already going free to play. Avoid.

As for good MMOs;

Do you want a fun casual experience?

Then play WoW.

Do you want an absurdly hardcore experience with astonishing stories and rewards?

Then play EVE.

With City of Heroes gone these are really the only two MMOs that matter.

Blog Entries

Guild Wars 2 > all

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Guild Wars 2 > all
    Pretty much. You have a well-done personal storyline, and excellent combat system. The world is huge and beautiful and there's a buttload if things to do. Plus, there' less grinding and the quests happen more naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    TORtanic is in fact awful, so much so that it's already going free to play. Avoid.
    Actually this is pretty accurate. It is one of the most mismanaged MMO's I've seen since FF XIV came out. And the stories (the so called high point of the game) is pretty bad for like 80% of it, as so much is filler to keep you playing and lazily written, and that's the GOOD storylines.

But I'm playing it still at the moment (because I'm a horrible idiot) and so that should be more then enough motivation to play any thing.

Plus it's going F2P on Thursday so you got nothing to lose....except a ton of space on your hard drive. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Guild Wars 2 > all
    Pretty much. You have a well-done personal storyline, and excellent combat system. The world is huge and beautiful and there's a buttload if things to do. Plus, there' less grinding and the quests happen more naturally.
    I'm gonna argue with those statements completely. I played for a week and got bored out of my mind. The story was more abysmal then SWTOR's both in execution and content (it's obvious the GW team didn't emphasis real writers for the story, BW at least hired and trained known writers).

The game play was just boring and everything was too arbitrarily hard. I quit after a dynamic event where the boss would knock you down, then drop an AoE on you. You die from 2 ticks of the aoe while your character stands up from the long animation. There's no healers/support/tanks so combat is just pure chaotic and more about you being selfish to keep yourself alive, then emphasizing team tactics and strategy. Did I mention things hit way too hard? Because I can speak from experience, getting 2-3 shotted is never fun.

The only real plus side the game had was the environments were kinda cool. But the art style and in general lack of immersion didn't help get this point to be any good.

Then again I'm pretty much full cynic with MMO's anymore since I pretty much hate anything that doesn't emphasize the environment and immersion (which is basically all the MMO's anymore).
    Last edited by Bahamut2000X; 11-11-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tried playing LOTR online. But man, MMO's are way too big for me. I can't leave a place when there is still a quest to be done.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

WoW is casual? Since whennnnn. @_@

I want something cute and casual. Easy to learn, something I can just play for an hour a day or so and not have to spend my whole life on Dx But cute... cute is necessary.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

It's horribly mismanaged, yes, but still better than most of the others. And it is superior to WoW in nearly every way.

Do you want a fun casual experience?

Then play WoW.
    Then play WoW 3 or 4 years ago. Everything in WoW now is a rush to the endgame, with practically no other content.

Do you want an absurdly hardcore experience with astonishing stories and rewards?

Then play EVE.
    You mean "do you want a second job that is just as mind numbing at the first and tries to get you to pay it?"
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So instead of killing giant rats you want to kill.. fuzzy bunnies? Or just hug them to level up?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Actually this is pretty accurate. It is one of the most mismanaged MMO's I've seen since FF XIV came out. And the stories (the so called high point of the game) is pretty bad for like 80% of it, as so much is filler to keep you playing and lazily written, and that's the GOOD storylines.

But I'm playing it still at the moment (because I'm a horrible idiot) and so that should be more then enough motivation to play any thing.

Plus it's going F2P on Thursday so you got nothing to lose....except a ton of space on your hard drive. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Guild Wars 2 > all
    I'm gonna argue with those statements completely. I played for a week and got bored out of my mind. The story was more abysmal then SWTOR's both in execution and content (it's obvious the GW team didn't emphasis real writers for the story, BW at least hired and trained known writers).

The game play was just boring and everything was too arbitrarily hard. I quit after a dynamic event where the boss would knock you down, then drop an AoE on you. You die from 2 ticks of the aoe while your character stands up from the long animation. There's no healers/support/tanks so combat is just pure chaotic and more about you being selfish to keep yourself alive, then emphasizing team tactics and strategy. Did I mention things hit way too hard? Because I can speak from experience, getting 2-3 shotted is never fun.

The only real plus side the game had was the environments were kinda cool. But the art style and in general lack of immersion didn't help get this point to be any good.

Then again I'm pretty much full cynic with MMO's anymore since I pretty much hate anything that doesn't emphasize the environment and immersion (which is basically all the MMO's anymore).
    See you played for a week. There's so way you could get anywhere near the fun trout ie WvW, Dungeons, and end game story to have any clue.

Maybe it's because I loved the first game and enjoyed the books that I love the world and story. Dunno, but I don't think it's as bad as a lot of MMO's or games in general that I've played.

Graphically it's FAR Superior to WoW. And granted I haven't played WoW in years but, I'd say game play wise it's also far superior. Unless you're a raid whore then you wouldn't like GW2.

Graphically it's FAR Superior to WoW. And granted I haven't played WoW in years but, I'd say game play wise it's also far superior. Unless you're a raid whore then you wouldn't like GW2.
    That's not saying a lot, given that WoW is something like 7 years old, and hasn't gotten any better graphically since launch.

*AHEM* ...No.