Thread: Gaming Surprises

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Gaming Surprises

I started a new game of FFVII this weekend, and I've just played through Cloud's flashback at Kalm. I was playing the game as per usual (who doesn't go for the orthopedic underwear?) and on a whim decided to see what else in Tifa's house I could interact with. I was surprised to find out that there's actually a letter on her desk that you can read. I've played through FFVII on at least four previous occasions and I've never come across this. I was pleasantly surprised that the game could still surprise me.

Have you had any surprises when revisiting old games?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tifa's letter is crazy, especially the one that ends up there when you first revisit Nibelheim. The coolest thing I discovered on recent playthroughs was all the insane down-the-road equipment you can actually Steal early on.

Replaying Tactics Ogre for the first time. I'm amazed at how the story is completely different for the first two story branches.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was surprised when I found out that Shinra launched a rocket that had landed somewhere in Midgar. It's actually planted in the Church in Sector 5. It can clearly be seen when you are chucking barrels to save Aeris... I just never clicked it was a rocket!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't know about the extra scenes in Honey Bee Inn if you explore it further during my second playthrough. President Shinra is such a pig.