Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Character Ever?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I liked Cait Sith?

My vote would have to go for Tidus. I almost feel that that's such an uncontroversial choice that I don't need to explain it. However, for the record, his whiney nature quickly goes stale, I can't switch him out of my party, and unlike Squall, he doesn't really change much for the better.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

There are no characters that I dislike just ones that I'm neutral to from the story perspective gameplay wise Edward the bard was nearly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Edward the bard was nearly useless.
    In the GBA version he can be a powerhouse if you give him the right harps. Poor Eddie.

Articles

This thread made it to 17 replies before the name Edward popped up?

Quote Originally Posted by DownDiagonalLeftA View Post
    This thread made it to 17 replies before the name Edward popped up?
    Me right now.

thats only cause Cait Sith has Edward beat, sure Edward is prety much useless in FFIV, but Cait Sith can instant KO his own party with his own attack (Limit Break: Slots / 2 Cait Sith & a Bar = Death to All), going from just useless to biggest useless troll on Gaia with the potential to make you lose anything from a few minutes to several hours of gameplay depending on how far away or long ago the last save point was, Edward never made you lose anything he just got KOd a lot and did pittiful damage on par with a mage using physical attacks...

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    thats only cause Cait Sith has Edward beat, sure Edward is prety much useless in FFIV, but Cait Sith can instant KO his own party with his own attack (Limit Break: Slots / 2 Cait Sith & a Bar = Death to All), going from just useless to biggest useless troll on Gaia with the potential to make you lose anything from a few minutes to several hours of gameplay depending on how far away or long ago the last save point was, Edward never made you lose anything he just got KOd a lot and did pittiful damage on par with a mage using physical attacks...
    I dont remember having to use Cait Sith for a single part of the game though. I remember being forced to use Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    That is very unlikely to happen unless you try to get the combination that kills all enemies. I used Cait Sith half of the game, but I got tired of the slot machines.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Cait Sith's ability to kill your party pales in comparison to Relm's ability to cause the game to crash and erase your game saves.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

yeah i dont recall ever being forced to use Cait Sith but he sure did force his way into the party, (SPOILER) without the good grace to stay dead after getting the Black Materia, at least Edward stayed dead ...

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Edward stayed dead? News to me.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

oh he didnt? ok its been so long since i played 4, i may remember wrong, ill sometimes mix memories up, lol... but i dont recall him being in the party after the Spoony Bard incident, Cait Sith gets crushed by a building and comes back all "hai gais ya miss me?" no we didnt miss you whyd you have to come back you trolling arse...

The entire cast of XIII to start. Vaan from XII, Pretty much everyone from X except Rikku, Auron, Wakka, and Kimahri. Everyone from VIII. Quina, I tried to like him/her/it, but I just couldn't much in the same was as Jar Jar Binks. Though Quina did deliver one of my favorite scenes from any game ever, his marriage scene to Vivi, "I so happy right now!".

The Cait Sith hate also saddens me, as I found his character to be absolutely unique and brilliant once you discovered he was just a remote controlled robot, and that the controller was Reeve, a guy who your party literally never meets, yet joins you in your battle. I was meh about him till I realized this little fact and then from then on I was in love with the character and just how interesting it got.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Edward just got a broken leg.

Tellah was the only person to stay dead in FFIV, wasn't he?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.