Thread: Dream Sequence: Inferno versus Vincent

Default Dream Sequence: Inferno versus Vincent

I don't know where to put this so I'm putting it here. The title condenses one of three dream sequences I'm about to describe. The first is a fight between Cloud Strife and Wolverine that I "got out of a magazine" (in-dream) where Wolverine chopped Cloud's head off while Wolverine only lost three fingers (I guess he didn't have his adamantium skeleton) which promptly grew back though Logan made a face which expressed utter agony. The second is a series of odd in-game conversations meant to note how strangely certain scenes changed based on how you named the characters. For example, there was apparently a character named Vincent who was occasionally called "V" but I named him Mercen-X (I guess I've really gotten used that name now) and so they occasionally called him "X" instead... one hell of a cool interface system, I'd say.

Lastly, the title dream sequence is one had the other night. A firetruck came crashing through a huge building and flew through the air as if it had hit a ramp. It flipped forward and transformed into a robot landing in the center of a large lot. A man in a red cloak (my presumed Vincent), fell from the sky shooting at the robot. Upon landing, he was attacked as the robot unleashed a wave of energy like an offensive shield. It didn't actually do anything but after a couple of seconds it started tossing these huge blocks at Vincent who would then have to double-dodgeroll out of the way. At this point, I felt I was actually playing the game, tilting the analog to see, holding R2 to target-lock, tapping square or X to roll or fire. After enough damage to the machine, it shed most of its parts and got smaller, now resembling a machine version of Weiss. He hefted the cubes into the air and Vincent leapt to hitch a ride. This was the last time he'd be firing on the robot as the last few shots were enough to kill it. Then a point spread showed up. Some amount of kazoo points were given and I complained to myself that I never can earn the "___" trophy. I don't remember what the trophy was actually called. Presumably something more ridiculous that "kazoo points."
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's certainly very interesting! Were you playing the game in your dream?

Also, is this thread about unusual dreams?

Blog Entries

I dreamt about you, Shorty. You with Pike. And me. Also, FOA made a 'special' appearance.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So you're into mormon girls, eh?

We can baptize foa and make everything right.

Blog Entries

Wait! By 'girl' you mean a guy with a vagina, right? I am so disappointed. I'll settle for Pike.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

anyway, I used to write all my dreams down as soon as I woke up - my lj is full of tons of nonsense dreams I had. I had a strange one last night but can't remember it

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I had a dream where I was walking down a road, and Shorty was walking in the opposite direction, and as she opened her mouth to speak I just walked on past and never looked back. I woke up with tears of joy streaming down my face and I was in a good mood for the next 4 days.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why is it that everything funny you say has to be read at work? Seriously first I mistankingly read the Iceglow poop thing at work now this. Now I have several co-workers looking at me like I'm crazy. XD

I haven't had any unusual dreams recently that I can remember. When I do I will share.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Blog Entries

Throwing tantrums. Real mature.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Why is it that everything funny you say has to be read at work? Seriously first I mistankingly read the Iceglow poop thing at work now this. Now I have several co-workers looking at me like I'm crazy. XD

I haven't had any unusual dreams recently that I can remember. When I do I will share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    you both love me.

I usually wake multiple times in the night and if I don't write down the strange dreams I've already had, they'll usually be eclipsed in the night by others which I may forget in the morning anyway.

I also once had a dream wherein I was excited to do schoolwork and did a flip. Not a familiar feeling. When I went to sit, the people near me left to avoid me. Not an unfamiliar feeling.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I had a dream I was on Survivor and I was voted out by Russell Hantz, the one contestant I hate as a person.

It was a nightmare.

I believe the best part of Survivor is the "getting voted off."

I had a dream just last night (can't remember most of it as usual) but the last part felt like I playing one of those action-rpgs where you have to wail on the buttons. I had three characters I could swap between and I was surrounded by a horde. I apparently didn't know what I was doing. I could select opponents and very few of my attacks seemed to do any good. Then my first character died. I finally figured out I couldn't use the D-Pad to swap enemies so I flicked the analog stick and back a loner to the edge of a cliff (mysteriously, the others didn't follow and the loner didn't fall from the cliff edge). Apparently, this dude was slowly healing and my attacks weren't doing enough counter it, until my character unleashed this powerful attack that "slowly" drained this dude's HP. There was another part wherein I had to let my whining cousin play and he discovered something about this game that I didn't know (I had fallen off an edge) that you can climb up the inclined walls. Naturally, I felt stupid. Thank goodness it was just a dream.