Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: HATERS GONNA HATE, FFX style

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

More importantly FFIX or FFVI is the best FF and y'all're gonna have to deal with that.
    Thanks MILF. Totally agree with you.

Blog Entries

I cannot even fathom FFX being one of the best FFs. Talk about a difference in perspective! I just was so annoyed with it!

FFX is certainly not the best, but is top 5 in my opinion.
    The only problem of course is the voice acting, however, if you were to examine their lines and read them without thinking about the voice, you could notice that their personalities are not all that different from older FF characters.

Lenna from FFV or even a little bit of Celes from FFVI could have easily become annoying characters with bad voice acting (like it happened for Yuna in some scenes). Think about the opera scene in FFVI. That cutscene right there very easily could have become bad with the wrong voice acting (similar to the laughter scene in X).

Some of the voice acting parts of the game are the only drawback for me. I enjoyed the gameplay a lot. I actually enjoyed filling up the Sphere Greed with many characters, and end up changing jobs for my characters (like having Auron kill birds).

I fell in love with the battle system of FFV and FFVI/IX too , so I can see why some people might not like it after coming from those games.

Oh well. This is still a great game. The golden years of Final Fantasy will always be FF 1-10.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm kind of middle of the road with X.

Things I liked:
    -The story. I like how they threw the corruption in there and how there were religious aspects. Most of the people of Spira believed wholeheartedly in the teachings of Yevon to help them get rid of Sin and they found out that Yevon was the problem all along. I also like the talk with Yunalesca about false hope. It made me reflect on things. I like how they decided that they were going to risk everything by going a different route than the other summoners that just said "Oh, one of us becomes the new Sin. That sucks. Well okay."
    -I like how summoners got a large role in this game. In games like VIII for example, everyone can pretty much summon. In tactics it's like, heeey I did some time as a black mage now I can summon mystical beasts, kay awesome. Oh so can the enemy party. Darn.
    -I liked how the summons came to be. Especially at the end when you got to go and speak with them.
    -The game play was not bad. I prefer the ATB gauge but for what it was it was good.
    -The sphere grid I am torn on. I wish the characters were more customizable, but I also liked how they had their roles. Like if you sent Yuna down Auron's path and Auron down Yuna's, it would be a bit weird when her rod did more damage than his sword.
    -The music was good.
    -The scenery was pretty. I liked the calm lands a lot.
    -Kimahri.
    -The summons themselves.

Things I disliked:
    -Voice acting. Especially Yuna. My goodness was it bad.
    -The sphere grid. See above.
    -The characters. To me, characters are a very important part of the game. I know a lot of people who disagree but I can easily forgive bad gameplay if I like the characters (not saying it had bad gameplay, just making a point) but I did not like the characters, other than Kimahri. Tidus was not my type of guy, Wakka was an annoying racist who said ya know to much, Rikku was annoying, Auron was a drunk dead guy. Lulu didn't bother me. With that being said, I do like how there was character development.
    -Seymore. I cannot tell you how much I hate Seymore. I killed you. You are dead. Go away and leave me alone. I don't want to keep fighting you. I don't. Why do you keep looking weirder and weirder. (Also, my boyfriend insists he looks preggers.)
    -When you find out about Tidus near the end. I don't even...
    -Blitzball, what? I mean fine, for a mini game, but they make me play at one point. It's like mini-game rape. I say no, but they force me to do it.
    -How uncommon Ability/Speed spheres are at the very beginning. Why do I have like 30 power and mana spheres and 1 ability and 2 speed sphere? Why?

Well I think thats the gist of it for me for now. It was still a good game and I would replay it. One of the best Final Fantasy games? Not by a long shot.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

>The story is compuluted
    >The character design is terribly bad (Worse than XII's... yeah, that bad)
    >The voice acting is, for the most part, cringe worthy.
    >The cloister of trials is pointless and obnoxious
    >Tidus and Yuna tie for the most annoying protagonists in an FF game
    >It spawned X-2
    >Wakka sucks ya

BUT I still love this game
    why?

~I love the combat system
    ~I love the music
    ~I love the setting
    ~I love the music
    ~I love auron as much as I love balthier
    ~I love the music
    ~And for other unexplainable reasons, I still get a lot of joy from playing this game.
    ~Did I mention the music?

Sure, I have a ton of problems with the game, but I still have fun playing it. That's what matters to me. If you hate it, I sure as hell don't blame you, but to each their own.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

More importantly FFIX or FFVI is the best FF and y'all're gonna have to deal with that.
    Thanks MILF. Totally agree with you.
    I enjoyed X at least twice as much as VI or IX, so I don't really have to deal with anything. IX was tedious and the graphics were gritty. Not many more faults with it, except the wtf bad guy. Ya just didn't like the environment very much either. I just know I would never pick it up and play it again it left that little of an effect on me.

I've stated before that VI may now be the most overrated game (not FF. Game.) in the history of videogames. VII took a back seat a long time ago. Even the fans of VII have realized its faults but the fans of VI acts like it has none. To act like VI is the epitomy of FF would make me give up on the series. Stereotype crazy bad guy with little to no backstory comes in and betrays his master (man that's original). Characters are given hardly any room to be customizable, basically making it as straight-lined of a growth chart in the essence of XIII (that's right XIII). Just because you don't physically spend your points in a crystarium in VI doesn't mean the narrow "you gain this level you get this skill" didn't exist. Many more faults too. The where do we go from here World of Ruin? Talk about writers block. "Ok so like just have everyone end up in different places and let the player waste 3 hours of his time re-collecting them so it feels like their doing something productive."

Feel whatever opinion you want. But people don't really have to deal with anything. I like what I like and a lot of people agree with me too. So I'll deal with your OPINIONS and you can deal with mine. But you don't have to agree.

EDIT: Haha just realized you changed what MILF actually said. Good one, but my points are still valid although without as much malicious intent. But don't I feel like an arse
    Last edited by Omni-Odin; 02-25-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not many FF characters from FFVII on are really very great...they're either annoying, emo, or pissy.

I actually though the characters in FFX were slighlty more redeamble than their predecessors because at least most of them had a reason to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Not many FF characters from FFVII on are really very great...they're either annoying, emo, or pissy.
    Did you actually play FF 7 ?

I'm wondering if Shiny ever played any games before VII because there's plenty of annoyingness and pissiness there too.