Thread: Zombie.U

Boco Zombie.U

So I heard this game was coming out for the Wii.U. It seems like just another zombie game except on the Wii.U. If anyone could... tell me some of the interesting details, features, ANYTHING about this game you think needs to be mentioned. I would like to know more about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

From what I see of it, it's a devilishly tough zombie game where you have a cricket bat for most of it. I'm not really into horror, so I'll let the reviews decide.

ZombiU Review - GameSpot.com

ZombiU review • Reviews • Wii U • Eurogamer.net

Zombi U (Wii U) - Review - gamrReview

I saw a review from some very objective Dutch reviewers about this (despite the name, they really are honest; Gamekings - De gamekings website, dagelijks geupdate met nieuwe videoitems en game nieuws) and this is basically the conclusion (keep in mind, I haven't played it myself):

- looking at the screen and the gamepad for different actions really builds up the tension. For example, the tablet gamepad shows only your backpack/inventory. Sometimes you need an item from your backpack, but obviously you have to keep an eye on the tv to make sure you're not being attacked and such. Immersion FTW! That's what the tablet is used for.

- however, the pace is slow. Run & gunners need not apply, as it is really a survivor game. Ammo and guns are scarce, and you get overwhelmed quickly when there's more than 3 zombies attacking you. The constant feel of vulnerability is there, which makes it pretty immersive. It's supposedly a smart game. You need to think and plan your route/actions accordingly. Personally I love that kind of gameplay, but I know it's not for everyone.

- graphically not a masterpiece, but it's supposedly very atmospheric with excellent sounddesign. The reviewers were surprised by the overall quality of the game and would recommend it to gamers who like a bit of tactical thinking and of course horror/zombies.

That's as much as I can tell you, but keep in mind this is a conclusion of someone else's review (which I found very thorough and credible). Hope it helps!

Thanks! I recently found out it has a lot of unique features too, like if you die, you have to play as a new character and you can kill your former character (in zombie form now) and get your stuff back. It seems pretty fun and scary.
    I also read the review from Game Informer and I felt like they were expecting it to be a fast paced shooter which is sad because they gave it such a low rating because of it.
    The controls don't seem near as bad as they said and the way it works makes it even more scary in a unique way. The game may be good, but I'll still keep a look out for more info.

Blog Entries

Its a great game, I played it a fair bit with a friend on his WiiU. I'm hoping they port it to either Xbox with the use of Smartglass and or the PS3 with Cross-Talk on the Vita.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Quote Originally Posted by noshowmillk View Post
    Thanks! I recently found out it has a lot of unique features too, like if you die, you have to play as a new character and you can kill your former character (in zombie form now) and get your stuff back.
    That's one awesomely original game mechanic :0

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noshowmillk View Post
    Thanks! I recently found out it has a lot of unique features too, like if you die, you have to play as a new character and you can kill your former character (in zombie form now) and get your stuff back.
    That's one awesomely original game mechanic :0
    Yes, it's one of my favorite features about the game. Sort of reminds me of minecraft except you don't have to kill yourself... anyways... I wish they could have used this in other games.