Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grinding Levels?

Default Grinding Levels?

Hi i'm new to these forums kinda (was a member yeaaarrss ago).

I've just started playing FF7 properly for the first time. I was never really into it when I was a kid I just never got around to playing it. I have only ever completed FF8 which was awesome.

Anyway I am around Level 20 and i've just escaped the shinra building and reached kalm. I am just wondering is it wise to run around the world map for awhile to level up as much as possible or just go with the flow? I've managed to level clouds limit breaks to level 3.

Absolutely loving the game. Now I know why most people favour this one over all others.

Grinding levels do not really matter in this game, it is all about the materia. I would advise you to go with the flow.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Level Twenty at Kalm? That's levelled!

I agree with Gamblet, levels doesn't really matter sooo much in this game, though naturally much more than VIII. I'd suggest going with the flow until after your first golden saucer visit and breaking out of Corel prison. After that, head back to Junon and do the ol' alarm trick and level to your heart's desire for awhile. Also a good spot to gain AP on materia.

яєρριη_мαη¢2k8
    [leeza]14 times over the 50 kb filesize limit. Yep. That's a record. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

the area between the Chocobo Farm and the swamp (just past Kalm) is a good place to grind for a little while before continuing, but lvl.20's about all you need to take on the Zolom in the swamp and learn its E-Skill...

Articles
    Blog Entries

While were with videos, my one was with the Junon alarms was:

FFVII - Junon Alarm Fast Exp Trick - YouTube

Wow great and quick replies thanks guys I will check them out

I have got E-Skill but its not lit up to use?

you equip the E-Skill Materia and when an enemy uses certain skills against the character with it equiped the Materia will learn that skill, then itll have that nice yellow glow...

Going back to the Junon grinding. I've just left Junon and gone to costa de sol. Can I go back to Junon later to that part and level up?

Articles
    Blog Entries

You certainly can, with the buggy you can drive *into* Costa Del Sol, speak to the sailor and you will stowaway again back to the Eastern Continent. Very handy for Junon Alarm grinding, and also for getting the Mythril which is required for Aerith's level four limit break.

I've just started properly playing it again too. I'm at the Temple of Ancients part and my characters are around level 35/40, I've been able to get Cosmo Memory, All Creation and Great Gospel. Everyone else already has their level 3 limits. Should I grind or does it really matter?
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".

Quote Originally Posted by James_Cub View Post
    I've just started properly playing it again too. I'm at the Temple of Ancients part and my characters are around level 35/40, I've been able to get Cosmo Memory, All Creation and Great Gospel. Everyone else already has their level 3 limits. Should I grind or does it really matter?
    No, lvl 35 is way too high I think.

if youre 1 hit killing everything you run into youve powerleveled as far as you need to, thats the best gauge of when you may have been grinding a bit too long, but then again im the person that doesnt leave Midgar or cross the swamp till im lvl.20...
    in my current playthrough Cloud is lvl.34 and just got the buggy and left Corel Prison, so lvl.35 seems severly gimped at the Temple of the Ancients to me...

Thanks Elly, I don't one hit kill everything, just some things. I grinded a bit in Mt. Corel to get everyone to their lvl 3 limits, because in my experience enemies always came in groups of 3 or 5 and i was able to 1 hit kill them with Matra Magic. Anyways, thanks for the help guys, I guess I won't worry about it for a while. I do have another question though, I will want to max all my materias at some point, does anyone have any suggestions on where to find enemies that give good amounts of AP. The headhunters in Mideel seem like a good choice, but do you of any others further down the line?
    Cheers and thanks for everything
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Nah you're spot on for being tough enough for the battles to be easy, if that makes sense.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.