Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Dark Souls 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    Hey, Bethesda, THATS how you do a smurfing dragon.
    How can you tell? It's a pre-rendered cutscene.

Also, no, it's not. Dragons are intelligent
    As far as I can tell Skyrim's dragons aren't particularly bright either.

More thoughts on the trailer: the character looks kind of barbaric. No shield, mostly dual wielding, animal fur on his shoulders and he's using something resembling a smaller version of the Bastard Sword/Claymore. I wonder what he's turning around for in the forest. He's looking like he's preparing himself for a duel. It's far fetched, but this could mean we get more humanoid enemies to fight like the masked figures, rather than a ton of monsters. Once again, speculation though!

His helmet looks Paladin-ish, with a bit a bit of a Roman touch. If this is a class like the knight resembled a class in Dark Souls, my bets are on a faith warrior. The swords the masked figures are using also seem to be Roman or Greek. We may have a shift from the Medieval vibe here. The quote "forever without light" might be a reference to the Age of Dark, which is bound to come around sooner or later as Dark Souls tells us.

For some reason I also think Bonfires will disappear from the game. It's based on nothing in particular, but if the game takes place in the Age of Dark it makes sense that all bonfires have faded. The torch is on fire though, so out goes the theory.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree that the trailer seems to hint at a more humanoid antagonist this time around. More humaoid than the already humanoid "antagonists" of Dark Souls, I mean. At the very least there will be some sort of organisation consisting of those guys, that much is clear. Perhaps some sort of Darkwraith equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    I agree that the trailer seems to hint at a more humanoid antagonist this time around. More humaoid than the already humanoid "antagonists" of Dark Souls, I mean. At the very least there will be some sort of organisation consisting of those guys, that much is clear. Perhaps some sort of Darkwraith equivalent?
    Got me thinking, what are the masked figures protecting? They throw themselves at the character in great numbers. Must be something super mega secret and stuff!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pffrt. Hollows did that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    Pffrt. Hollows did that all the time.
    True But to me the masked dudes look a lot smarter than the average Hollow, so I suspect greater schemes!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Dark Souls 2 thread shouldn't be on page two.

Should they re-use the covenant system from the first, what would you like to see improved on what existed in the first? Way of White and Princess Guard can go. Personally, a sort of blacksmithing related covenant where you are rewarded with chunks/slabs along with extra souls for either killing invaders or assisting in jolly co-operation would lure me in. Especially if there was some sort of covenant only ember rewarded allowing special weapon upgrades! Nothing hilariously overpowered of course...maybe poison or ice weapons.

A blacksmith covenant sounds interesting. I always wished there were more ways to get chunks and slabs other than (rare) treasure and farming. I like the idea of a covenant only Ember.

But to be honest, I hope they give the weapon upgrade system a twist altogether and add some more depth other than 'collect shards/chunks/slabs and go from +1 to +5'. Even though Dark Souls' system is already way more functional than Demon's Souls was, I still feel not all weapon types are relevant (Occult and Raw for example).

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Further adding to the improvement to weapon upgrades, it would be awesome if there were some aesthetic changes to ascending weapons down a certain path. I was personally disappointed when I finally made a lightning weapon and it didn't have a glow like my +10 with Gold Pine applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Further adding to the improvement to weapon upgrades, it would be awesome if there were some aesthetic changes to ascending weapons down a certain path. I was personally disappointed when I finally made a lightning weapon and it didn't have a glow like my +10 with Gold Pine applied.
    I felt the same disappointment :[

I hope the Gravelord covenant returns one way or another, but with improved mechanics and more relevant rewards. Gravelord Greatsword Dance is one of my favorite miracles but it's overshadowed by Fire Tempest. I would like this covenant to have more useful rewards for more types of builds.

As if cursed with the Darksign, this thread returns for more speculation and news-related things!

I came across this Facebook poll where Namco lets users decide the tagline for Dark Souls II. 'Prepare to Die' is obviously hard to beat and the options given are definitely not all as strong, but I'm glad they just didn't add the word 'again' to the already existing tagline.

https://www.facebook.com/questions/442013685871681/

I chose 'Sacrifice Everything' because it feels more like despair whereas 'Trancsend Death' feels more like a victory. And that's not what I want from II

Which one do you guys like?

I personally like 'Sacrifice Your Sanity' suggested in the comments.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    But to be honest, I hope they give the weapon upgrade system a twist altogether and add some more depth other than 'collect shards/chunks/slabs and go from +1 to +5'. Even though Dark Souls' system is already way more functional than Demon's Souls was, I still feel not all weapon types are relevant (Occult and Raw for example).
    A larger variety of weapons with greater purpose than a gimmick would be welcome. Was there ever a practical purpose for Whips discovered aside from the fact that one cannot parry its attacks? I was disappointed that Catalysts could not be used as weapons, per se, but it allowed me to branch out and use swords which I like, too. I used an enchanted long sword for the entirety of the game. I wanted to experiment with other weapon types like the whip, but its damage output and practicality were too low.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I hope this one is harder..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    I hope so too man. But did you know Dark Souls used to be a lot harder when it first came out? After a few patches the amount of souls given for defeating an enemy pretty much tripled. Check out this old speedrun video (this is version 1.03);

At the end he beats the Gargoyles. His reward: 1500 souls. Now they give 5000!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    I hope so too man. But did you know Dark Souls used to be a lot harder when it first came out? After a few patches the amount of souls given for defeating an enemy pretty much tripled. Check out this old speedrun video (this is version 1.03);

At the end he beats the Gargoyles. His reward: 1500 souls. Now they give 5000!
    False, the gargoyles give upwards of 10000 souls now.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy