Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Dark Souls 2!

Default excited

i wonder if they will be bringing back other armours from Dark Souls 1 apart from the knight and elite knight armour, would be nice to see the return of hard leather =]

i took a gander at the shield design comp and am quite impressed with the level of design skills , lookin forward to seeing the winner aha
    If only i could be so gloriously incandescent

Yeah there are some really cool designs already! I wonder if there are going to be different time/age influences in the armor sets this time.

Alrighty, first few sketches. Keep in mind they're just quick mockups and ideas, but feedback is welcome!

PoisonEyeShield.jpg

This one was the first thing that popped in my head. Going with the animal monsters theme we've seen in the gameplay footage I'd call it a "poison eye shield". The graph is actually a photoshopped lizard's eye. It's ability could be that it would poison the attacker when he/she/it clashes against the shield.

RibbonShield.jpg

Next up, the Ribbon Shield. This one has some more thought into it. With the new engine showing off all kinds of flashy things with one of them being cloth reacting to movement and wind, submitting a design that showcases these improvements seems like a good idea. Hence the ribbons

Another thought was that a lot of the submissions are evil-looking, and a more bright knightly or even feminine look might make it stand out. There will be a graphic on top of the stripes and beneath the ribbon, but I haven't gotten to that part yet. The rim is made of iron as it is, but I think wood will be a better fit.

TornLeatherShield.jpg

Going with the cloth reacting thing again, this is a setup for a torn leather shield. Designing a shield that's actually not a powerhouse might score bonus points for originality. Here too, a graphic engraved in the leather is still missing, but I like the idea of torn leather dangling off the wooden planks and it might be a good setup. Especially if the graphic is torn too.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Pete for President; 04-30-2013 at 11:27 AM.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> ...... Looks fun, maybe I`ll enter to this contest too..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I can't wait to revisit the wretched hive that is the Dark Souls PvP community

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> ...... Looks fun, maybe I`ll enter to this contest too..
    Do it! Your style would surely make an original design!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I'm personally partial to the lizard eye one; i'd say it gives From a little incentive to whip up a creature with eyes that large to drop such a fine shield!

That's an interesting thought and certainly viable from a From perspective (see what I did there? ), but unfortunately after thoroughly scoping the competition I came to conclude that an eye isn't exactly original.

Once again, progress on the ribbon shield! Hoping to upload today;

Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 2.32.36 PM.png

BOOM. Just submitted my first design. Got rid of the ribbons and I kinda changed the colors based on my tactic to gather votes. AM I A SELL OUT NOW IDK here's the final;

HOMELAND_Def_300.jpg

"Homeland"

I'll be calling in for votes soon, beware! Till then, what do you guys think of it? Would you see it shine in DkS2?

Edit: it's a bit lo-res so no lurkers can steal it while I wait for my submission to be approved. Hi-res later!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 05-02-2013 at 11:52 AM.

It's live! Please vote to help this fellow EoFF-er out!

https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsi...n=view&id=3087

I only need 295 more votes. WE CAN DO IT

Pete officially taking over this thread. Muhaha!

Been thinking about the weapon slots and swapping as we've seen in the gameplay demo. The guy uses a short sword, then swaps out an axe, and lastly a greatsword. This could of course just be a debug mode where a higher number of weapons can be assorted to both hands.

But here's a theory; what if there are 3 slots now, each specified for a certain size weapon, rather than 2 slots that may contain anything?

For example, in your right hand you would be able to equip:
    A dagger (small weapon)
    An standard axe (mid weapon)
    A halberd (large weapon)

But not:
    A spear (large weapon)
    A halberd (large weapon)
    A greatsword (large weapon)

I think that would be pretty sweet. Any thoughts?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Pete officially taking over this thread. Muhaha!

Been thinking about the weapon slots and swapping as we've seen in the gameplay demo. The guy uses a short sword, then swaps out an axe, and lastly a greatsword. This could of course just be a debug mode where a higher number of weapons can be assorted to both hands.

But here's a theory; what if there are 3 slots now, each specified for a certain size weapon, rather than 2 slots that may contain anything?

For example, in your right hand you would be able to equip:
    A dagger (small weapon)
    An standard axe (mid weapon)
    A halberd (large weapon)

But not:
    A spear (large weapon)
    A halberd (large weapon)
    A greatsword (large weapon)

I think that would be pretty sweet. Any thoughts?
    I think it would be more of an artificial way to force weapon variety. I think it'd be too limiting, and while the idea sounds good on paper I don't think it would hold up in practice.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah we'd have to see if it would work, but I like speculating. About it being too limiting, it has it's pro's and cons. In a way it would allow more variety. I mean, you get an extra slot. But it also keeps things real to keep weapons in handy places and not be encumbered. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls both did a good job in making your character feel like a legit warrior; not a superhuman. So to me it sounds pretty plausible one would no longer be able to carry around two Ultra Greatswords. The weight is one thing, but where would one keep the second? Or the hilt if we assume all weapons equipped are on display all the time rather than popping out of a magic bag when swapped? I realize it's just a game it's not meant to be real, but I wouldn't be surprised if FromSoft took some steps experimenting with this considering encumbrance has played a big part in the previous 2 games in adding some level of realism.

Expanding on the theory; weapon size/class could count towards maneuverability as well. Like, one would not be able to fastroll with an Ultra Greatsword equipped even if you're under 25% burden (let alone ninja flip). Rolling fast with a weapon larger than yourself didn't exactly feel credible to me.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess it could work in the heavy weapon department, but you'd be surprised how many light weapons you can comfortably carry ^^

But on your second idea, i really like that. Ive heard other talk of that idea and i quite like it.

Oh, and i only want one thing to happen in DKS2
    If they have another sniper crossbow... Allow it to zoom in or at least have a longer lock-on range. It saddens me how useless that xbow it.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    I guess it could work in the heavy weapon department, but you'd be surprised how many light weapons you can comfortably carry ^^

But on your second idea, i really like that. Ive heard other talk of that idea and i quite like it.

Oh, and i only want one thing to happen in DKS2
    If they have another sniper crossbow... Allow it to zoom in or at least have a longer lock-on range. It saddens me how useless that xbow it.
    That is truth about the sniper crossbow. I was really disappointed to find out it had no special abilities.

Shield update; I took a long shot and sent my shield design to the leading Dutch game journalist tv-show & website. They have an item where they answer peoples letters and questions, and my shield got featured! In just a few hours the design flew through the ranks; now it's only 2 positions away from getting sent to FromSoft! So seriously, if you haven't voted yet, please do so, I only need 40 more votes to get in there

The item is in Dutch, but you can view it here (minute 7:40 and onwards): http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/vrage...ls-2-en-gta-v/