Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Dark Souls 2!

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Default Confirmed: Dark Souls 2!

Dark Souls 2 has officially been announced for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC!

The trailer, which premiered during the Video Game Awards on Spike this evening is a tad hard to find at the moment. This may actually be a direct sequel to the sensational Dark Souls (which is getting tons of love from our EoFF group).

Not my favorite site, but at least they have A trailer of it!

It looks positively exciting! Though, the trailer style reminds me more of Demons Souls.

EDIT: I, of course, was off. But here is more information regarding the title. I will post an HD version of the trailer when that is released.
    Last edited by Nicolas; 12-08-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: More info~

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh. trout.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

YOU DIED

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really understand how it will work story-wise. I'm looking forward to it anyway, though!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Pretty much the biggest news to reach EoFF all year. Ain't that saying something?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

CRAZY. HYPED! But I'm a little scared too. Dark Souls is like... my precious

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Pretty much the biggest news to reach EoFF all year. Ain't that saying something?

True!

Questions, speculations & first thoughts:

No references to Lordran in the trailer: GOOD. Miyazaki is NOT directing this time, but he is supervising. Which is a little worry-some but comforting at the same time. I reckon we jump to the Age of Dark after the fire has faded, and the Dark spread to a neighboring land. The knight looks like he's on a pilgrimage, travelling far from home. The masked figures wear something resembling the black leather armor Patches wears in Dark Souls. If they know what they're doing, they will not re-use a single bit of Lordran geographically. The lady and the knight; what's the feather for? Is there romance involved? The bridge obviously reminds us of Ariamis, but there's no snow on it so I think we're safe. The dragon has one eye in it's forehead. That is awesome.

I don't want to be a negativitron, but I can't help but feeling Spoiler Dark Souls doesn't need a II. Don't get me wrong, I am hyped and my opinion is open for whatever II is going to give us, but right now I feel I'd rather see a new "Insert-dark-word Souls". That way they would leave the masterpiece that is Dark Souls rest forever on it's pedestal, never to be fouled with failed attempts to reach the same heights in sequels or spin-offs. But hey, bring it, Fromsoft; prove me wrong and thou shall be praised like the sun!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 12-08-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I don't want to be a negativitron, but I can't help but feeling Spoiler Dark Souls doesn't need a II. Don't get me wrong, I am hyped and my opinion is open for whatever II is going to give us, but right now I feel I'd rather see a new "Insert-dark-word Souls". That way they would leave the masterpiece that is Dark Souls rest forever on it's pedestal, never to be fouled with failed attempts to reach the same heights in sequels or spin-offs. But hey, bring it, Fromsoft; prove me wrong and thou shall be praised like the sun!
    Exactly how I feel; players who were in chat last night were trying to make me happy with the news, but Dragon's Souls or Black Souls or X Souls would have been way more ideal than tacking a two on anything. I am excited, but also a little put out.

I'm gitty with excitement and...THERE'S NO GFWL LOGO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Bethesda, THATS how you do a smurfing dragon.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Default Now that I'm finally sober enough... I can finally make a sensible post.

I definitely understand the sentiment of wanting a Something Souls game, but this seems as unexpected as Dark Souls was when it was announced. It may only be Dark Souls 2 in order to let people know that it is related to Dark Souls. I only say this because I met quite a number of people that knew of Dark Souls, but were clueless as to what Demons Souls is.

What worries me is having a new director and Miyzaki only taking a supervisory roll in all of this, like Pete said. Here's to hoping it turns out well. For the most part, I like everything Pete said. I didn't even realize the black leather armor, but they tend to use a lot of the same armor between the two games. What I would love to have in the game is another slight trolling. That would make my day.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I have the feeling it'll be a prequel if they re-use Lordran.

Also, in regards to the feather you're talking about, Pete: (SPOILER)Solaire's got one in his helmet...The lady could be Velka for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Takkun View Post
    I definitely understand the sentiment of wanting a Something Souls game, but this seems as unexpected as Dark Souls was when it was announced. It may only be Dark Souls 2 in order to let people know that it is related to Dark Souls. I only say this because I met quite a number of people that knew of Dark Souls, but were clueless as to what Demons Souls is.
    Yeah that makes sense. I hope that's the case. I just watched ENB's analysis video (though it's censored for whatever reason, somehow FromSoft doesn't understand the fact that ENB provides thousands of views of free marketing for them but I digress) and he pointed out some interesting, but sometimes worry-some stuff. Check it: Dark Souls 2 Trailer Analysis (EpicNameBro) - YouTube

Speculations aside, I do have faith in FromSoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Takkun View Post
    What I would love to have in the game is another slight trolling. That would make my day.
    Same. Bring on the mystery!

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    How can you tell? It's a pre-rendered cutscene.

Also, no, it's not. Dragons are intelligent, usually frighteningly so, and they're frelling cheap unchivilrous bastards on top of that. A dragon would not land. It has no reason to. It would nuke the poor warrior from the air, where it has superior mobility and is out of range of those punishing swords.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    How can you tell? It's a pre-rendered cutscene.

Also, no, it's not. Dragons are intelligent, usually frighteningly so, and they're frelling cheap unchivilrous bastards on top of that. A dragon would not land. It has no reason to. It would nuke the poor warrior from the air, where it has superior mobility and is out of range of those punishing swords.
    Well if the last games dragons were of any hint, these guys know how to make a dragon. Plus pre-rendered or not, the design was glorious.

So there.