Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steam console confirmed; everyone else can pack it up and go home

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    ^ I can't see that being anything other than the death of Windows. The app-store only philosophy works for closed devices where you expect (relatively) limited functionality, but it would be the complete opposite of what a personal computer is supposed to be. With everyone wanting macs, manufacturers creating chromebooks, and Linux making the strides Pike says it has, I can't see how Microsoft could possibly survive such a decision.
    Apple has been using the "only do what we want you to do" philosophy for years. It's why we call Macs "Baby's First Computers".
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, that's not necessarily true of their Mac PCs. The big thing holding back what you can do on Macs is the reality that developers just don't care about making their software compatible for them.

It's worth noting that Mac is seemingly heading in the same direction. Not so much merging OS's but the App Store-only part. With Mountain Lion, by default you can only install programs by developers who are signed up with the Mac App Store.

But like Pike and Linux, I love OSX but I just really got sick of setting up games for it. So back to Windows, I am~