Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Times you are stupid in games

Blog Entries

I suppose I mess up the most in racing games. I tend to be a bit too impatient to muck around with set-ups and just jump into the race only to find I'm on the wrong tyres or something.

I can also be pretty stupid when it comes to puzzle games. If insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, then I must've been the craziest person in the world to play Catherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Futan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Only time I can think of was while playing one of the first three Splinter Cell games at my grandparents while on vacation. I forget which one it was, but I got to some point where I had to do a split jump in order to progress or some other similar technique. Instead I ran around for a while with no clue where to go. Eventually I did notice the opening above me I needed to get to, but could find no way to reach it. Eventually my uncle told me I just needed to do the split jump. By this point I was more than half way through the game, hadn't used it the entire time, and completely forgot it existed because I went through most of the game never needing it until reaching the only obstacle that required it. I was not very pleased.
    Was it like a Chinatown sort of area or maybe it was just outside a Chinese restaurant? I vaguely remember having done something similar if not the same thing. lol. I spent HOURS trying to figure it out. But either way, that's more of a game design fail than a player fail.
    I just remembered it. It was an alley with a Chinese restaurant. You would sneak through it into the kitchen where there was a ladder to the second floor. Except I didn't see that ladder and wasted hours trying to get to the second floor from the alley. So yeah. Player fail for me. Game design still for you. Lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series has the habit of making me feel really stupid every 20 seconds.