Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)

Default Some gaming things to make you feel old

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Wil Hawkeye (Sargatanas)

I'm still on the youthful end of things

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

The last one is wrong. I don't keep careful count, but I'm sure there's fewer than 350 Pokemon.
    "D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
    ~Doctor Who

it's a motherf-cking war Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been feeling old enough about games lately even without this. I keep wanting to revisit the oldies because dag nabbit they just don't make 'em like they used to!

I still play newer AAA games every now and again, but I miss how simple and fun things used to be rather than big and explode-y.

I am a fogey.

God doesn't make the world this way. We do. Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Slow down video games!
    Newbie carcass in the Wonder Square this morning, image macro left in ruined visitor messages. This forum is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of spam and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their photo thread whoring and EoEO flaming will foam up about their waists and all the trolls and Cid's Knights will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll look down and whisper 'No.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    I've been feeling old enough about games lately even without this. I keep wanting to revisit the oldies because dag nabbit they just don't make 'em like they used to!

I still play newer AAA games every now and again, but I miss how simple and fun things used to be rather than big and explode-y.

I am a fogey.
    I hear you man.

Praise the sun.

Skim Milk: Avoid it. Recognized Member Vivi22's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Back in September I saw this blog post over at xkcd.com. I like the theme and some of those remind me of it, so here's some more to make every single one of us feel really old:

- The original Super Mario Bros. was released closer to the original moon landing than to today (11 years closer to really screw with us all).
    - Over the course of 25 years we moved from this:

to this:

-25 years later and we have this:

- Kids born in the year the N64 was released can now legally drive.
    - Some of those kids probably have kids of their own.

More to come if I can think of them.

the one about James Bond is not about video games rofl

[q=link]21. The Nintendo Game Cube holds 190 times more gigabytes of data than the N64.[/q]
    ugh ugh ugh why put 'gigabytes' in there just give a data comparison (like "holds x times more data") it'll mean the same to everyone who read it except a million times less awkward

all in all this article is trout amirite

vivi's post is about 190 times more gigabytes of awesome than that article

it's a motherf-cking war Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post

[q=link]21. The Nintendo Game Cube holds 190 times more gigabytes of data than the N64.[/q]
    ugh ugh ugh why put 'gigabytes' in there just give a data comparison (like "holds x times more data") it'll mean the same to everyone who read it except a million times less awkward

all in all this article is trout amirite

vivi's post is about 190 times more gigabytes of awesome than that article
    Your post has like, 10 times more gigs of hate than necessary.

Also, how many Land Before Time movies were there? I only vaguely recall a sequel to the original, and I thought it sucked.
    "D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
    ~Doctor Who

Memento Mori Cid's Knight Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

They just kept releasing those LBT films, there is like 9 or 10 of them, they stopped numbering them after Land Before Time 8. The second film did suck but I've been told the later sequels are far far worse...

True beauty exists in things that last only for a moment...
    Current Mood: Get up get up, walking, sleeping, keep on moving, slowly, good morning and good sunshine

Rhythm of the Night Recognized Member Aulayna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)

Yeah it's not like Goldeneye was a seminal moment in Console FPS games or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Yeah it's not like Goldeneye was a seminal moment in Console FPS games or anything.
    It was about the actor who played Bond, which I think is really stretching it for "game related". It's not like they couldn't have made one about the game itself.
    ~Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Also, how many Land Before Time movies were there? I only vaguely recall a sequel to the original, and I thought it sucked.

Aw..used to collect them

I think they even had a musical that was advertised in one one of the movies lol

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS Recognized Member Mister Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Graceful Hare (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22
    - Kids born in the year the N64 was released can now legally drive.
    NOPE'd right hard out of that one