Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Thread: Would I Lie To You? Game 1 SUDDEN DEATH!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jiro's real name starts with a D and I couldn't think of anything good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dakoda's Barker-ing up the wrong tree
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It's Team Awesome. I picked a bang up team and I expect us to win. Team Awesome is all we need to be known as.

Also I did break my toe in two places!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    It's Team Awesome. I picked a bang up team and I expect us to win. Team Awesome is all we need to be known as.

Also I did break my toe in two places!
    At least someone has enthusiasm, I fully expect a loss.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We are Team W-S-P

It's showtime, girls.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    We are Team W-S-P

It's showtime, girls.
    Hey! A FFX-2 reference! Don't see too many of them around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    It's Team Awesome. I picked a bang up team and I expect us to win.
    At least someone has enthusiasm, I fully expect a loss.
    Honestly, I felt this way too. But then they bought my lie. Now I'm overconfident.

...wait. That might be a bad thing.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They bought my lie too, but I still fully expect a loss.

"Here lies Formalhaut. He was a pessimist, don't ya know?"

I never thought of myself as a convincing liar.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I'm on vacation and don't have much time online, but I'll give some quick input. I thought Form's statement ringed true, as it would be a very clumsy lie for Bleys to write. But some of his later responses ring false, though he could just be a bad story teller who wrote a very misleading statement as "true". I'm currently on the fence, but would vote true if I had to.

1. I still don't understand the point of the marijuana. Did the cops find it? If so, when? What happened to your friend?

2. When did you find out your friend had the pot?

3. Did the police actually pull you over or were you just stopped along with everyone else at a checkpoint? If the latter, what did the police say to you? Why did you drive through the same checkpoint twice?

4. What did the police say when they came to your door?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I realise my statement is probably the worst in existence. Sorry about that.

1. The cops didn't find it, otherwise we'd be in the police station most probably. My cousin had it stuffed under his clothing and he was in the back seat, they didn't pull us over specifically it was just a checkpoint-type thing so everyone was being pulled over to check for escaped convicts. It was just a quick peer in the car and the boot. As for the third visit by the same officer, he didn't have weed under his shirt any-more because it wasn't necessary. Also, the officer was just warning us that there was a convict on the loose and that you'd have to be careful. By this point he actually knew us and we nodded in recognition.

2. When we entered his house, his parents were out having an anniversary meal, so us two had the house to ourselves. We basically just had fun playing games mostly and listening to music, but about an hour into the fun, he produced two small money bags worth of weed from his room (he must have transferred them from his clothing to his room). Argument ensued and he said sorry, and put them back in his room, probably in a cupboard.

3. We were stopped at a checkpoint, I hoped this was one thing I have made clear. They said to us that an escaped convict escaped from the local prison and that police are searching for him. They said that standard procedure meant that the major roads out of Bournemouth all had checkpoints on them. They then proceded to open the boot and just give a quick peer in to check for suspicious blankets. They then sent us on our way.

I had to go through the checkpoint twice. The first time was heading out of Bournemouth (Because my cousin's house was on the outskirts) and then we had some fun at his house. I of course had to head back to my house, and I used the same road because it was quickest. That then, is twice through the checkpoint.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

When did this happen?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

First off, the statement says "pulled over" by the same cop three times, which the story contradicts. It also says "large amounts of marijuana," which Form also contradicts by calling it two small baggies. If this is a true statement, it is misleading to the point of fabrication (unless he's lying here or trying to make it sound like he's lying, of course). The "escaped convict" story also sounds bogus.

On the other hand, if it's a lie, it's a very clumsily written and told lie. I'm still tempted to vote true if only because I don't think Form would do such a bad job at lying (why an incredibly rare fugitive checkpoint instead of a drunk driving checkpoint, for instance), but it's a tough call. I might be giving him too much credit.

Last questions:

1. What description of the escaped prisoner were you given? What was his name? Were you given or shown a picture?

2. What did the police tell you about how the prisoner escaped? Did you see anything about this story on the news later, or hear about it from any other source?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sam

I'm pretty sure I said that it was last year or so.

Raistlin

1. At the checkpoint, we weren't told much, because the whole point of the checkpoint was to check the convict was in the car, not telling people to be careful, though we were told something along the lines of that a convict escaped from prison yesterday and that police were looking for him, and that their checking all the major roads. When Officer Coincidence knocked on the door, their mission became less "finding the perp" and more warning people of his presence. They showed us a photo of the convict and that if we see him, do not approach and to call the police immediately. As for his name, I can't really remember from last year, though at the time I didn't really care for his name, just his face.

2. The police were very vague about how he escaped, I would assume it's not something they like to discuss to the general public. There's a reason why police are so tight-lipped during major cases, as they don't want any info they give to be used against them or cause an uproar. At the time, we were told that the convict had an accomplice and they broke out of prison. That's as much as we were told. This also explains why they were searching cars I guess.

I don't really watch the news much, not then and not now. Far too depressing. At the time was very nonchalant about these sort of things, call it arrogance, but I didn't think at all that a convict would be knocking on our cousin's door. I didn't think much of it at the time, so aside from the police activity, I didn't watch the news, or research about it.

Everyone

Like, half an hour after sending my statement to Bleys, my mind went "Oh smurf" after realising how badly worded my statement was. To be honest, I wasn't really thinking that hard, I just wrote down the basics and sent them off. I probably should have thought about it abit better

I might be giving him too much credit

Oh thanks Raist

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Raist's true goal in that statement was to insult both of us in the event that this flips lie, and get away with it because "it might have been true"