Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: Would I Lie To You? Game 1 SUDDEN DEATH!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Ahem.

##Vote: Lie

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

And thus, time for the big reveal. Wesly's statement is, in fact...

TRUE

...and if the fact that we all now know more about WesLY's genitals than we ever wanted to isn't proof that God does not exist, I don't know what is.

Next up will be Rantz if my random.org gives me an even number, and Tifa's Boobs if it comes up odd. And the number is: 26

Statement PM going out as soon as I update the predictions count in the Audience thread and roll the numbers.

Selected and sent, 24 hours begins when Rantz posts.
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 12-15-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Aha, I figured this would sound like Bleys gave me a ridiculous and random lie.

Let's go Rantz!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I played the odds. If you were lying, then we'd get the point. If you were telling the truth, we all get to laugh at your weird balls.

Crap in a hat either way.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

It feels strange to have my team be helped by Raist's weird scrote.

I am not allowed into China.
    My dad went to Tibet in the 80s during a trip throughout southern Asia and travelled around the region. From stories he's told me it was pretty awesome there and the "natives" were super chill and welcoming, but the Chinese military presence was uncomfortable and they were ridiculously untrusting and rude a lot of the time. He met a guy from the UK who was passing through as well and one night they got to talking and discussing the political situation with a bias towards Tibetan autonomy (I'm not super knowledgeable about the situation down there, but I think that was the gist of it). They were overheard and needless to say it wasn't very popular. Long story short, after an uncomfortable night in a guardhouse being questioned in bad English, they were served with a deportion order and an edict stating they or their immidate families were not allowed inside the borders of China again. It's pretty sucky, but it also makes for a funny(ish) story so I'm not too bothered.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This is another one which is pretty plausible. Hmm. What does your dad do for a living? Was he just on holidays, or what? Why did he go to Tibet in the first place?

I am doubtful, because I expect the Chinese would detain them for far longer than a night. Two foreigners meeting up would easily look like some kind of plot imo.

Articles

My dad is a... political secretary? Is that a thing in English? I can't find a better translation. But he was on holidays, yes, it wasn't a work thing or anything. His holidays just tend to correlate with his political interests xD He was particularly interested in the conflicts of that area so he spent more time there than in most places.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Before commenting on the next one, I would have personally gone for True for Rantz's scrotum discolouration. It just rang true.

Anyway, this political drama business. Did your dad do anything after being deported? Did he complain to anyone about it or just otherwise make a noise about it? If he's a political secretary who just got his entire family and himself banned over a suspected Tibetan liberation plot I would have expected his employers to be less than impressed. I also find the whole immediate family ban slightly heavy handed, but then again, this is China.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Anyway, this political drama business. Did your dad do anything after being deported? Did he complain to anyone about it or just otherwise make a noise about it? If he's a political secretary who just got his entire family and himself banned over a suspected Tibetan liberation plot I would have expected his employers to be less than impressed. I also find the whole immediate family ban slightly heavy handed, but then again, this is China.
    He didn't make much noise about it. He works in local politics so he and his employers, if you can call them that, don't really deal with foreign issues in their work, apart from cooperating with sister cities in other Baltic countries and such. You'd really have to push the issue with national government if you wanted to take political action somehow, but no, he didn't really make a fuss.

I also never got the idea that they thought there was suspicion of any sort of liberation plot. xD Just, you know, foreigners sympathising with the wrong party sort of thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Bearing in mind that China doesn't even like Google and has banned it from their internet, Tibet sympathisers are hardly going to be given the soft treatment.

If I had to vote right now, I'd lean towards lie. But then again, I'm a complete idiot so I'm probably wrong.

Agreed. I am also a complete... well, no, I won't cop to that. But a lot of other people have voiced their theory on it. I would lean towards lie just because I don't believe anyone outside of China knows or cares about the issues within its borders (apart from the obvious shakiness about they're rearming and amassing troops). Naturally, that means I find Rantz to be a complete oddnut for knowing anything about it. It's possible he Googled it. I can only hope I'm right.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Plenty of people know about the Tibet issue though, there was all sorts of news coverage and there are "Friends of Tibet" groups all around the world. I think it's plausible this happened but I doubt very strongly that there would be any immediate family ban. I mean, what does that really achieve? It seems nonsensical to me.

What airports did you stop at on your way to visit Shorty? And what airline did ya take?

Articles

Copenhagen and Newark, both ways. I flew with SAS and United Airlines. So no Chinese ones - I assume that's why you asked I've never been near Asia, actually.

As for knowing about it, well... I'm not from the US, so I get educated on foreign issues. And of course, my dad has told me a lot about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

We talking early or late 80s?

EDIT: Also any idea where in Tibet he actually was?
    Last edited by Jiro; 12-16-2012 at 09:45 AM.