Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: Would I Lie To You? Game 1 SUDDEN DEATH!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did not add words to the statement

All lies were written ahead of time. Some were geared towards a specific person, but those got hard to write so I did some general lies and assigned them randomly, changing spelling and diction as needed to match the nationality of the player. This also took place pregame.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. By the time I realised that I set my trousers on fire, I could see the smallest hints of fire. Like I was saying, it wasn't like a spontaneous combustion, but there was a tiny flame apparent If me and my friend didn't pat it down quickly it probably would have rooted and grew larger.

2. The lighter was in my hand though I had my hand on the couch. When I was alerted to my Dad's entrance to the house, I used my hand to support myself getting up and getting rid of any evidence. I assume then that when I did this, my thumb or fingers pressed down on the switch part of the lighter and set a part of my trousers on fire. My friend kind of fiddled around with the lighter and made them more blow-torchy and possess a larger flame than usual. Don't ask me how he does it.

3. Fairly certain they were like cotton chinos, at least I think they were cotton. I think I threw them out afterwards as they were a light beige, and flames do tend to leave marks.

4. I cut down my smoking heavily after the accident, and I made sure never to smoke in the house again. I was quite rightly scared senseless and given that my dad would probably kill me if he ever found out that I smoked, I cut down quite severely. A few months later, my dad was diagnosed with an incurable throat cancer (He was an ex-smoker, which probably explains his hatred of it) and well. I don't want to go into much detail about it, but let's just leave it at it really affected my thinking of smoking and other drugs and I cut ties with smoking completely.

Fun fact: Mine was a secondary lie. I realized I couldn't pull off the original (due to my incessant whining about my life contradicting the lie outright) and requested a replacement. There is actually a chance that despite my numerous threads about moi, people still don't know squat about me and I could have pulled it off, but I didn't want to risk my team's point on that gamble.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I almost did make you run with it on the grounds that what makes it impossible now may not have always been the case, but to my knowledge one does not contract epilepsy.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I thought the possibility of getting an entirely ridiculous or even impossible lie was just part of the game.

Anyway, I think time has expired. I don't have much to add from my previous statements, so I'm just going to say I vote truth.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, look at me paying attention; yeah, the timer's long since expired.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I thought the possibility of getting an entirely ridiculous or even impossible lie was just part of the game.
    Like Reginald D. Hunter's middle name being "Delicious?" Nah. Keep in mind that the goal of the TV show is to get laughs, and it's most likely scripted to that end. The goal of this game is for everyone to have fun, which doesn't happen if someone gets an impossible statement.

Ridiculous, yes--Mercen-X got ridiculous and the result was funny as hell. Not impossible, though. If I feed someone a statement that's actually impossible based on a fact that's known to EoFF'ers, the statement gets rerolled. (Only the second roll, though, a lie can't be rerolled into a true statement)
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 12-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Sorry about my absence. Shorty's staying in my apartment and I have to make sure she doesn't destroy things.

I'm leaning towards truth, too, although I've done that every time so far and been wrong both times.

Sam's point about lighters being hard to light is a moot point - I've never had to unset a child lock on a lighter before using it, although I can sort of see how the adjusting wheel could be used as a child lock of sorts. Still, for me it's always been press-to-light (or the kind with the spark wheel, but I doubt that was used here). Her other points were adequately explained. With that in mind, I'm going to go with Raist and say:

##Vote: Truth

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is, in fact,

A LIE

And that's the end of the round! With 2 rounds complete, Team Jiro is in the lead with 2 points, and Rantz is trailing by one.

Round 3 is the Lightning Round, and it works a bit different from Quick-Fire Lies. Each team can earn up to 3 points in this round, but there's only one statement -- mine. There will be no time limit for questions.

In Round 3, not only the captains cast a deciding vote. In fact, in Round 3, it doesn't matter who the captains are. Every player must cast a vote in this round. The round does not end until all 6 players have cast an official vote using captain's tags as shown in the OP. I'll start the round when I get home from work 14 hours from this post. You have up until then to seek any clarification on how this round works -- although EoFF's not blocked from work, so if all 6 player say "go," I can start early.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

SOH THAT SAM SO STUPID WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUTway to go team way to gogood thing neither of you are lawyersOH WAIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haha! I fooled ya! That was great work. Seriously, I thought I had no hope with my lie. Literally everything about it was fabricated.

- I have never smoked, ever, and hate everything about it
    - I have never had a friend round my house
    - I don't actually have a dad. Well, I do, but I've not seen him since like ever.
    - I've never owned chinos.

So yeah. I'm well impressed. I outdid myself here!

Edit: Yeah, bad luck Sam, when I saw your post essentially breaking down everything wrong with my lie, my mind went "Oh god I've failed"...

How I brought that back is beyond me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rule 1 of WILTY?: Don't panic.

Objectively, it's harder to defend against a point if you're telling the truth. If you sell it too well, you lose, but if you look like you're not trying, the other team has to wonder why.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I should be panicking, Sam's like a bloody detective

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first time I shaved (with an electric razor), I did such a bad job of it that I had to go to school for several days with a mustache made of blood
    Go.

EDIT: It was this style: large image
    Not this style: large image
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 12-24-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

So we just take a stab in the dark, right? Argh, I want to ask so many questions I'll have a think on it and decide in a little while.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ask all the questions you want. There's no deadline. I'll be answering questions until all 6 players have voted, thereby ending the round.

EDIT: Oh yeah and you can change your vote all you want, too.
    EDIT2: This seems like a good time to reiterate that PMing is allowed in the rules of the game, so if you want to develop a team strategy without letting the other team in on it, go for it. Remember, I have no win condition for this round, you're playing against the other team.
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 12-24-2012 at 09:26 AM.