Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141828 ... LastLast

Thread: Would I Lie To You? Game 1 SUDDEN DEATH!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

How was I sitting xD They have tables with benches, I don't know what sort of seating they have in Sweden but it's like the all-in-one construct except made out of wood. It can be frustrating to sit on things like that if you're tall 'cause lanky legs are hard to get in and all, you'd probably struggle.

Nice...view? Is that some kind of wink wink nudge nudge thing that I'm supposed to get a kick out of old people or something? The place is nice, the Sunshine Coast itself prides itself on being environmentally attractive and a bunch of bloody flowers and that counts. I mean it was into Autumn/Fall by that point but the great thing about native Australian plants is that they don't all just shrivel up and die during those months.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Jesus Christ, I leave the internet for just half a day and suddenly the game's moved on double speed! Yikes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Jesus Christ, I leave the internet for just half a day and suddenly the game's moved on double speed! Yikes.
    Our team just asks questions better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

TB: "My dad could beat up your dad!"
    Formalhaut: "Really? How much would that cost me?"

EDIT: Deadline is 3 hours, 42 minutes as of this edit.
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 12-18-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: updated deadline

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't really have any other questions. I still believe Jiro is lying -- if only because he is doing a very good job at seeming to tell the truth; if the statement actually was true, he might not want to seem so damn honest. Of course, I would not put it past Jiro to expect I'd think like this and be pulling a double-bluff (you can't trust those damn convicts as far as you can stand the smell of them), but additionally I think this is something Bleys would plausibly write as a lie.

Rantz: if you believe that Jiro is just screwing around and isn't trying to be competitive, then he's probably telling to truth. If you think he's a sneaky bastard, you should vote lie (although if you think he's a super ultra mega sneaky bastard, it might go back to truth). I recommend a lie vote.

Holly Snit! We scored two points while I was gone! Joy! Also! Sorry, I was gone! I was at a party. Then I had a "sleepover." Now I'm... happy
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Deadline's expired for new questions.

Has been for quite some time but I forgot to edit my last post.

So, is Rantz going to go with his team or overrule? Stay tuned next time~!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I don't really have any other questions. I still believe Jiro is lying -- if only because he is doing a very good job at seeming to tell the truth; if the statement actually was true, he might not want to seem so damn honest. Of course, I would not put it past Jiro to expect I'd think like this and be pulling a double-bluff (you can't trust those damn convicts as far as you can stand the smell of them), but additionally I think this is something Bleys would plausibly write as a lie.

Rantz: if you believe that Jiro is just screwing around and isn't trying to be competitive, then he's probably telling to truth. If you think he's a sneaky bastard, you should vote lie (although if you think he's a super ultra mega sneaky bastard, it might go back to truth). I recommend a lie vote.
    If it helps you to make a decision, I never approach a situation without the intent to have a good time, but I always try to win. And I have to admit that the thought of putting you into a total WIFOM situation is my dream; I know Bleys would get the maximum enjoyment out of this game if we all were convincing, but then sometimes strange things really do happen. I'm fortunate in that most of you have little to no idea how my day-to-day life actually transpires

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm a little bit torn. The story seems familiar - I almost get the feeling that Jiro's told it before. I looked up the retirement home Jiro mentioned and his descriptions of it seem to mostly check out (of course Jiro could easily have looked it up the same way I did). I've been leaning towards truth for most of the round. The biggest technical hitch I can see is the table-with-benches construct which I can't see in any of their pictures despite several outside seating areas being shown, and which seems like a strange choice for an elderly home if you have to climb into them.

As far as the non-technical side of it goes, it seems credible enough. Jiro's description of his personality is certainly accurate.

I'll give TB a chance to give her final say before I put the official vote, if that's okay.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I think Jiro probably does have a racist old grandmother who may have even been at that same retirement home. I don't think that has anything to do with whether he's telling the truth or not; if it was a lie, he could have simply used real details to make it sound more truthful.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    I'm a little bit torn. The story seems familiar - I almost get the feeling that Jiro's told it before. I looked up the retirement home Jiro mentioned and his descriptions of it seem to mostly check out (of course Jiro could easily have looked it up the same way I did). I've been leaning towards truth for most of the round. The biggest technical hitch I can see is the table-with-benches construct which I can't see in any of their pictures despite several outside seating areas being shown, and which seems like a strange choice for an elderly home if you have to climb into them.

As far as the non-technical side of it goes, it seems credible enough. Jiro's description of his personality is certainly accurate.

I'll give TB a chance to give her final say before I put the official vote, if that's okay.
    I already said on the last page I really think it's a lie. It's told convincingly, sure. But I dunno. Jiro does have a bad temper, so it could be true.

I still vote lie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I already said on the last page I really think it's a lie. It's told convincingly, sure. But I dunno. Jiro does have a bad temper, so it could be true.

I still vote lie.
    So you say it could really be true, but then vote lie. It's all to play for the opposing team!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post

I still vote lie.
    So you say it could really be true, but then vote lie. It's all to play for the opposing team!
    I mean, technically ANY of these could be true. I just think it's a lie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not sure about you, but the whole scenario seems believable seeing how Jiro seems like this paragon of justice on the forums. He's kind, charming, Australian... were there someone being racist, I'm fairly certain he'd speak up about it.

Actually, Jiro could be Batman.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not sure about you, but the whole scenario seems believable seeing how Jiro seems like this paragon of justice on the forums. He's kind, charming, Australian... were there someone being racist, I'm fairly certain he'd speak up about it.

Actually, Jiro could be Batman.
    Dude, I love Jiro too. But, no. xD