Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Would I Lie To You? Game 1 SUDDEN DEATH!

Articles
    Blog Entries

My head has just exploded.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

o.o

I'm gonna do what I can to spare my team's sanity and put the team vote out there before this goes any further...

##Vote: Truth
    Last edited by Rantz; 12-21-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This is a quick round! That means its my turn next. Dear god. My one is is going to be so dull and boring compared to Mercen-X. I'd be surprised if anyone bothers turning up!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

AREN'T LIES RED, RANTZ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Rantz, your team knows not the definition of flun.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    AREN'T LIES RED, RANTZ?
    Welp, I must be tired D: I meant to vote truth.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

And the Nazi Skull Helmet tale is...

A LIE

...but from this day forward, no definition of WIFOM will be complete without a link to Mercen-X's Mendacity.

Up next is Fomalhaut, and Rantz's team needs to get this one right to get a tie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Question Formalhaut's turn! Finally!

Haha! Fooled ya! Ahem, right. Sorry. Sportsmanship and all that. Here we go then!

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut
    I literally set my trousers on fire trying to conceal the fact that I was smoking from my dad

Right so I know your all thinking "Why, that dear Formalhaut is such a dear young boy" but remember to not judge a book by it's cover! So the story goes something like this:

When I was in Year 9 of secondary school (So when I was 14 for you Americans) I was friends with a group of people who lets say weren't exactly what you'd call the pillars of health. I'm quite socially awkward and if my first year on EoFF is any reminder I'm wasn't particularly graceful either. Seriously, I'm too embarrassed to even look at my user notes from so long ago.

But I digress. Anyway, I was trying to be part of the group and ingratiate myself with them, and so I decided to take up smoking to be part of them. It somewhat worked, I guess. I became closer friends with one of them and one day I invited him to come over to my house for some fun and games. That is not a euphemism for something else entirely.

During this time, we started smoking because we were home alone and hey, were kids and don't think things through. Little to my knowledge, my dad came back early from work and we heard the front door open. Me and my friend was obviously quite fearful of this, and so we fumbled around trying to get rid of the evidence. I don't know quite how it happened, but somehow I managed to accidently press the lighter switch on; perhaps I leant on it who knows the exact details. This flame from this set lit my trousers and me and my friends quickly patted the flames down. It weren't an inferno; I hardly spontaneously combusted. My dad came in a short time after this; the evidence all gone and the pants seared, but thankfully no obvious damage. However, the incident scared me to no end and I stopped smoking.

I'm sorry for the long-ish post, but I know you guys will be asking questions to no end so I thought it would be best just to put down everything I know.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What were you smoking?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Dammit, I was right! In the end, anyway. Trust Mercen-X to take a weird lie from Bleys and make it infinitely weirder.

I'm on my phone right now, but I'll read through the latest round and ask some questions when I get home.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Only cigarettes; nothing heavy. However, my dad is one of those staunch disciplinarian types so I didn't dare cross him.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

##VOTE: LIE

And here's why:

1. If you were smoking in the house (or even near) your dad would've smelt it, and you imply it was in the house.
    2. I used to smoke weed. Lighters have child locks (unless you take it off) and are extremely difficult to use. Or at least, you're not "pressing on it" and it comes on. Even those super long candle lighters, you must hold down two separate buttons to light it.
    3. Formalhaut is really really against drugs/alcohol/etc.

This is a lie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. My dad knows that my friend smokes. He didn't know that I smoked however. This is the key misunderstanding. Smelling smoke in and of itself doesn't correlate with me smoking.

2. I don't claim to know all of the answers to this; to be perfectly honest I have no clue how it lighted. Maybe something was faulty?

3. I am now. Bear in mind this was four years ago; alot can change between the rebellious teen years and today. I've seen firsthand what smoking and other drugs can do to people. At the time, I simply didn't know any better.

I followed in the steps of my predecessors inserting truths within the lie. We really did own a skull bank my dad got from a pothead on the side of the road and he really did try to pass it off as a Christmas gift for my ma. However, when we smashed it open to get our savings, we tossed it out. There was no resurrection for the NSH. It's been about six years since the last time we called anything a Nazi Skull Helmet.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Unless Bleys cheated and added words to the statement, I'm sticking with my belief that Bleys wouldn't write "literally" in that fashion. I am leaning towards truth.

1. Did you actually see flames on your pants?

2. Where exactly was the lighter itself at this time?

3. What kind of pants were you wearing? (jeans, khakis, etc.)

4. When did you stop smoking, and for what reason?