Thread: End of the world parties

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default End of the world parties

Party stores, bars capitalize on Mayan calendar, end of the world

End of the World Party

Apparently, while some people are so scared of the supposed "end of the world" that they are cosidering either committing suicide or crawling up into a little cubby hole with all sorts of emergency supplies (think Doomsday Preppers on the National Geographic Channel), others want to use the supposed "last day on Earth" to party like there's no tomorrow. Many party stores across the country are capitalizing on this, and since the world will supposedly end in one week from today, some people are planning to throw "end of the world parties" intended to be "the mother of all parties" or "the party to end all parties." I even saw last week in Atlantic City when I went there that there is a place in one of the hotels that is planning an end of the world party on Thursday the 20th.

And considering that the Mayans hailed from Mexico, it would be best fitting that the food at these parties should be Mexican, including tacos, burritos, nachos, and other Mexican dishes, for one final fiesta before the world (supposedly) ends.

I'm sorry, but I just get a kick out of this whole thing. Are any of you planning to go to an "end of the world party?"
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 12-20-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Is that your final answer?