Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Spoony One

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    I used to fancy Spoony.
    I definitely had a sex dream or two about him in the old days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I used to fancy Spoony.
    Now he looks all greasy.

It's like I dated him already, rocked his world and broke his heart and he's not over it.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to fancy Spoony.
    Now he looks all greasy.

It's like I dated him already, rocked his world and broke his heart and he's not over it.
    YOU'RE SCARLET?!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Ugh, I'll pass. Watching Spoony is like watching Epic Movie; the pinnacle of cringe inducing anti-funny, but for some reason everyone is watching and laughing anyway.
    C) He got fired by That Guy With The Glasses for making a rape joke.

He is a terrible reviewer and yet FF 8 haters and FF 10 haters love him of course.
    Spoony's game reviews are honestly the only ones I'll watch because I like to laugh at the raging. I used to read his Twitter posts but I can't stand them anymore.

He wasn't fired, he stepped down, no? He said something rude (which is very Spoony, as he can be a douche and is egotistical) and TGWTG was starting their new direction and he didn't want to be a part of it. He explains it in his commentary of the 4th year movie.

Aaaand back on topic. I enjoyed the video, sadly I don't remember anything quotable for this post.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hate the way his videos load. They're terrible. Probably watch in about half an hour or something.

I mostly can't stand this guy, but I will at least give him credit for his Ultima reviews, which I enjoyed.

The single best part of the review was probably the small edit which had Vanille actually shoot Snow when he first gives her an assault rifle.

I have to admit, I love the point about the save points/shops. I mean, what are they? How does the shop system work?

If I had to guess, I'd say the save point is essentially an entire micro-factory, since it can not only assemble new weapons out of midair, but also modify existing ones, which means it's not just a delivery point.

But how are the credit transactions handled, whey do they show up in such weird places (including ancient frelling ruins), and how do they tie in with a multi-planet network, yet can't be traced?

Answer: Because coding actual physical item stores into the game would also mean creating towns and cities to put them in. And having towns would mean you'd have this big open area you're free to move in, and freedom of movement implies you'd have this place to explore and do sub quests in and have fun and leave the hallway and we can't very well ****ing have that, now can we?!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love Spoony, but I have to say that review wasn't funny. He sounds like he's burnt out and just sort of plunging along. Granted, he seems to be doing this somewhat similar to FFVIII Review where he didn't really start with the story until the fourth installment.

Bring back the days of Phantasmagoria.

Articles
    Blog Entries

He said near the end that he was nitpicking in the review because that's typically what goes through his head when he first picks up a game. I feel like the momentum of the review is going to pick up quickly.

As a person, Spoony is actually a lot less douchey than he is in his reviews. Looking at one of his Vlogs or an episode of Counter Monkey would show that.

And as far as Spoony as a reviewer goes, even if you don't find him funny, his observations do have some truth to them. I can watch his reviews and accept his criticism and still play (and enjoy) Final Fantasy X. I'm not saying you have to like him, I just think most of his criticisms (the nitpicky ones in this review like Lightning taking on a giant robot aside) are pretty valid. Take FFVIII for example, his criticisms of Edea's parade are completely valid. Why the crowd keeps cheering as she kills Galbadia's president is beyond me.

Honestly, if it weren't for his reviewing of popular Final Fantasy games, I doubt anyone here would have nearly as much beef with him. It's not like I agree with everything he says, I just treat his show like an episode of Zero Punctuation, where I listen to the criticisms of whatever game is being reviewed (80% of the time it's a game I like) and I either agree or disagree with what I've heard.
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Honestly, I love FFX, and I love his review of it.

It's just like, "Lol, yeah, that's totally stupid." It's poking fun at something you love.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Honestly, I love FFX, and I love his review of it.

It's just like, "Lol, yeah, that's totally stupid." It's poking fun at something you love.
    *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion! *kick* Potion!

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

I love Spoony's work, and I really do think a good deal of FFVIII and FFX's criticisms are either valid or insightful. I take issue with a lot of his FFXII comments though, as I either disagree or interpret differently what he's said.

While I realize he has acted shamefully in the past and I'm not okay with it, I feel it's ok to take issue with someone's actions and still enjoy their work.

This FFXIII review is more critical, imo. He's nitpicky, but he also acknowledges a lot of the design flaws in a much more serious way.

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    He wasn't fired, he stepped down, no? He said something rude (which is very Spoony, as he can be a douche and is egotistical) and TGWTG was starting their new direction and he didn't want to be a part of it. He explains it in his commentary of the 4th year movie.

Aaaand back on topic. I enjoyed the video, sadly I don't remember anything quotable for this post.
    It went like

Doug. I'll fire you if you don't shape up.

Noel. Well smurf you, I quit then.

So yeah, he stepped down, sorry about that. It was a rape joke to JesusOtaku I think...that started the whole TGWTG drama....

But yeah he needs to buy some shampoo...
    Last edited by maybee; 12-17-2012 at 06:18 AM.

I love Spoony, but I have to say that review wasn't funny. He sounds like he's burnt out and just sort of plunging along. Granted, he seems to be doing this somewhat similar to FFVIII Review where he didn't really start with the story until the fourth installment.
    Although not really starting until the fourth entry is rather fitting for this game.

Part of the thing with this review, I think, is that FFXIII really just isn't a very good game.

It's one thing to be silly when pointing out minor quirks or nitpicks. But when the core of the game is designed with such flaws, pointing them out in a way that makes light of them just feels wrong.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

It went like

Doug. I'll fire you if you don't shape up.

Noah. Well smurf you, I quit then.
    Nah, he left on pretty good terms with most people except Lupa. He was just concerned that the site was headed in a different direction, and he wanted to do his own thing. His suspension was just what prompted him to leave.
    Last edited by Edge7; 12-17-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Returners Represent!