Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Spoony One

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry Time View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only fan of SpoonyOne on this board, even though I'm a huge fan of FF I still find his videos a great source of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I'm expected 3-5 parts on this one. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 12 or so parts of FF VIII, but less parts is probably a better way to go about it.
    At this rate, he's going to end up making 50 videos, without ever getting to FFXIII-2. Like a third of the second part was all about Snow's trench coat. And he's so correct about those datalogs, that has to be one of the worst ways to convey exposition to the player in gaming history. The only time I ever used it was to look up Fal'Cie and l'Cie, because after escaping that death-dome-thingy I just had to cure myself of A PART of the chronic confusion that is FFXIII's storyline.

Can't wait to say what he has to say about the combat system though, for me that was the most reedeming feature of FFXIII.
    He's so ranty in this review and I love it. I'm expecting 6-10 parts.
    Also, the only 2 redeeming parts of the game for me were the beautiful.... horizons, and the music.
    I can usually look past a crappy story if a game has good combat, but 13s combat revolved less around strategy and more around mash buttons.
    Inherently it's about mashing buttons, but once you start roaming around the Archylte Steppe hunting down optional bosses, you got to have some solid tactics. Not only do you have to carefully plan your 6 paradigms, but the timing has to sit as well. But yeah, the first 20-30 hours or so it's a button masher.

And the music is usually good too, except for the sulky J-pop inspired parts. And I can't really complain about the "horizon" either.

"Now imagine this guy railing your little sister nightly." *BAM*

So far she's my favorite character.
    It's nice how easy it is to identify with Lightning.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Pfft. To be honest if anybody punched Snow then he/ she would get the praise that Light is getting right now. Attacking a annoying character is a bad way to make another character likeable. A character should be likeable with her own personality.

If Gau walked up and slammed Snow one. SE would be making Gau Returns right now. Edward slammed Snow with his harp ? You smurfing bet that they would be creating Spoony Bard Returns.

This may sound stupid but the point that is if anybody punched Snow. That character would be automaticly loved as well.

Though if you want to love her for bashing Snow a new one, then fine. That's really understandable. However it doesn't really make her best Final Fantasy heroine ever. Or it shouldn't make her best main character ever.

I disagree with Spoony that most of the FF Fanbase is gone. It may have a broken leg, but it's still standing.

Snow Sucks.

...You know, I don't think anyone honestly thinks Lightning is a good character just because she punched Snow.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's going to take him SO damn long to finish this review.
    Not that I mind.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Wow, this guy must be the ultimate negativitron of the nitpicking galaxy. Couldn't stand to watch two minutes of it.

Oh I thought that he died or something. :/

nope he's not dead, he just seems to be focusing more on Counter Monkey since the announcement of Cyberpunk2077...

And the final part of the review for those of us that still care.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2013/05/...review-part-4/

I lost it with his Crystarium bit. XD

Nawh thanks, this review isn't all that fantastic to be honest. Then again I never was a huge fan of the man.

And the final part of the review for those of us that still care.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2013/05/...review-part-4/

I lost it with his Crystarium bit. XD
    I pretty much agreed, except for the statement that XIII-2's Crystarium is worse. That one actually had choice and long term effects, in addition to being free of the absolutely stupid restrictions.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

According to his Twitter, there is likely one more video on XIII. He said he did this in the video since that's when he actually quit the game for a while the first time playing it.

Never been into angry reviewers, they try to make it cool to hate games (Even for comedic purposes). So no for me
    This usually cheers me up lol.
    I liked the joke "I guess you have to be emotionally scared to drive that thing"
    Since anime's like Evangelion has them :P

According to his Twitter, there is likely one more video on XIII. He said he did this in the video since that's when he actually quit the game for a while the first time playing it.
    He's finished XIII with two more videos now, and I have to say, I quite like his last two. He seems to have gotten a better perspective on the game than he had on the earlier videos. He appears to have more investment in the series and characters, and the review itself is done with more appreciation for the games than the previous videos for XIII.

Part 5
    Part 6

I completely cracked up at the "Final Fantasy XIII, the only winning move is not to play" line. It's a quite valid point, doing nothing would pretty much end the plan in failure, and there is no incentive for the party to kill the world, which is what the plan depends on.

Also, it's probably worth noting that these two came about a week apart. He's really gotten a lot better at the constant update thing lately.