Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Spoony One

I like how in his commentary on them, he did say that he actually liked Sahz and cared about his character arc, hoping he would get his son back. XD

He also stuck up a bit for hope.

How exactly is this a review? He's reviewing, as he said, the first hour or so of the game, even though he used a cutscene and explanation that happens MUCH later in the game. It's like he's claiming he only played an hour, but he's already beaten it entirely. Which really wouldn't surprise me, but it makes me question the authenticity of his opinion here. It's like, maybe he did buy it on Day 1. And maybe he did like it initially. But then when everybody started to hate on it, he jumped on the hate train. I know there are people like that out there, and they're really smurfing annoying. I don't care if people hate the XIII trilogy, but hate it because it doesn't interest you. If you hate it because everybody else does, then you're incapable of your own opinion and are useless. That's my two cents.

Anyway. I probably won't bother with the other 5 parts he has done. This isn't a review. This is nitpicking about EVERYTHING possible. He's not discussing the merits of what makes this game good, in any way (except Lightning's electric power bullcrap at the start of the game), it's all just negative drivel that he's using so people find him funny and keep watching his trout. It's like other critics that review AMAZING games like The Last of Us, and are just like, "meh, it's only okay.". You know, people who crave attention and essentially troll people by intentionally saying bad things about something just to get attention by people who like to remind them how wrong they are. Which is clearly exactly what this smurfing guy is going for. The thing that saddens me is that nobody will defend XIII, because everyone is afraid to admit that they may secretly enjoy it. It's that really bad taboo that nobody is allowed to like. Because it's "that bad". :/

TL;DR, critics have no sway on me whatsoever. No matter how hard they try at being funny or how creative their videos or opinions may be. At the end of the day, I like what I want, and I'll be damned if I listen to some dirty monkey lookalike on the internet and have him change my outlook on something I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    How exactly is this a review? He's reviewing, as he said, the first hour or so of the game, even though he used a cutscene and explanation that happens MUCH later in the game. It's like he's claiming he only played an hour, but he's already beaten it entirely. Which really wouldn't surprise me, but it makes me question the authenticity of his opinion here. It's like, maybe he did buy it on Day 1. And maybe he did like it initially. But then when everybody started to hate on it, he jumped on the hate train. I know there are people like that out there, and they're really smurfing annoying. I don't care if people hate the XIII trilogy, but hate it because it doesn't interest you. If you hate it because everybody else does, then you're incapable of your own opinion and are useless. That's my two cents.

Anyway. I probably won't bother with the other 5 parts he has done. This isn't a review. This is nitpicking about EVERYTHING possible. He's not discussing the merits of what makes this game good, in any way (except Lightning's electric power bullcrap at the start of the game), it's all just negative drivel that he's using so people find him funny and keep watching his trout. It's like other critics that review AMAZING games like The Last of Us, and are just like, "meh, it's only okay.". You know, people who crave attention and essentially troll people by intentionally saying bad things about something just to get attention by people who like to remind them how wrong they are. Which is clearly exactly what this smurfing guy is going for. The thing that saddens me is that nobody will defend XIII, because everyone is afraid to admit that they may secretly enjoy it. It's that really bad taboo that nobody is allowed to like. Because it's "that bad". :/

TL;DR, critics have no sway on me whatsoever. No matter how hard they try at being funny or how creative their videos or opinions may be. At the end of the day, I like what I want, and I'll be damned if I listen to some dirty monkey lookalike on the internet and have him change my outlook on something I enjoy.
    Critics got you to post a three paragraph rant, so clearly they have some sway over you. Maybe you should watch the entire thing before you jump to conclusions about someone.

He had hit a burn out period with his work around the time he started this, and his later videos, after he had cooled down, are better. And he does acknowledge the game's good points.

It's worth pointing out however, that there's nothing wrong with any of the criticisms against the game. It's an easy as hell game to criticize, and when you play it, the criticisms are the first thing that jump out at you, and you don't notice the (very few) worthwhile aspects of the game until days later. I didn't notice the good points until several weeks after I had played it, and even then, they didn't make up for all the ways in which the game is so badly designed and executed.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Man people gripe on and on about FFXII being told from Vaan's perspective but no one trouts on Nick from the Great Gatsby