Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 535454950515253545556575859606165 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ciddies - Winner's Ceremony!

What everyone else said~ XD

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not just the preparation, this was beautifully executed from start to finish, right down to the quick thinking to incorporate the server load spike into the story. This is a freaking masterpiece.

FINALLY caught up. Holy trout, this is just awesome, and I'm glad to have been a part of making it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kierandell1409 View Post
    FINALLY caught up. Holy trout, this is just awesome, and I'm glad to have been a part of making it.
    I am forever grateful of being part of this community two months ago! Best decision I ever made!
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.
    ~Amanda's Juxtaposition Theroy

Sudden Reaction when both Amanda and Dragonite
    see a romantic Final Fantasy love scene:
    Amanda: Aww, this is so romantic! They would make a great couple together!
    Dragonite: Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss... C'MON! KISS ALREADY!
    Amanda: Drag, you have no patience whatsoever.

That Ciddies Chocobo Recognized Member Award Chocobo's Avatar
    Articles

The lights turn dim and the Opera House Orchestra starts the famous Final Fantasy Fanfare.

A montage of all of the cut scenes from the main series begins playing. The audience turns weepy and emotional as their adventures are played out in style.

The music stops and large screens are revealed. The words “Best Character” are emblazoned on the screen and fire torches are lit to set the ambiance. Everyone goes quiet.

The Final Fantasy III theme starts playing as the four onion knights from the game walk out.

Onion Knight #1: Hello there! I hope you have all had a most wonderful evening. We have had entertainment from Yuna’s concert. A special duet by Amarant and Vincent. And can we please say a large round of applause for the Opera House orchestra and our Master of Ceremonies for the entire evening, who without him none of this could have been made possible; Award Chocobo!

Award Chocobo receives a standing ovation.

Onion Knight #2: And let's not forget his determined crew - a group of adventurers in their own right, they have certainly delivered on a mission of providing entertainment for the evening: Award Cactuar, Award Moogle and Award Tonberry!

Award Cactuar, Moogle & Tonberry all receive a standing ovation.

Onion Knight #3: We have wept. We have laughed. We have dodged for cover when an assassin targeted Balthier. We have all stood as one against a foe in Ultros. We have had an eventful evening that would rival any award ceremony but now the most eventful award has arrived. I am talking about best chara-

Unknown Voice: Whoa whoa whoa. Stop right there! You imposters!

Audience members gasp and mutter to each other. They turn to the mystery voice.

Unknown Voice: You call yourselves Onion Knights! Pathetic! You don’t even have names, do you? Now, I am sorry you four are so desperate for attention you would pose as us, but pose no longer. Move aside!

Onion Knight #4: I’m sorry lady, but we were here first.

Unknown Voice: Oh really? Why don’t I allow the audience to know our names? Step out boys!

The other three step out.

Refia: I am Refia, one of the light warriors from Final Fantasy III, and the Light of affection.

Luneth: I’m Luneth, Light of courage!

Arc: My name’s Arc and I am the Light of kindness.

Ingus: And I am Ingus, the Light of determination.

Refia: So then? Who are you four pixelated idiots?

Onion Knight #3: Why, were from the Original World III! We are the true Light Warriors!

Luneth: Out with the old, in with the new I say. Does the audience agree?

Audience cheers an enthusiastic yes.

Onion Knight #2: Bu-But... were the originals!!! Gah! Get off me!

Angels from FFVIII’s battle with Ultimecia carry them away.

Arc: So what makes a best character? This is a tricky question to answer. Is it bravery? Is it stage presence? A best character may not always be the main character but a main character may also be the best character. By reading my formulas, a main character can be seen to be the follo-

Ingus: Enough with the books Arc. Let’s get on with it eh? The first nominee is Vivi Ornitier. Now this boy starts off a meek, feeble and a wallflower and throughout the journey finds the inner strength, just like you Arc actually. Now Vivi is often touted as the shining star of the Legends of IX and also applauded by the Black Mage Association (BMA) for popularising the image of the black mage. Now is this enough for him to be best character? Who can say...

Refia: Now here is a video that might help you understand why he has been chosen...

Video plays of Vivi’s friends speaking favourably of Vivi. Vivi’s courage in battle is also displayed in in-battle video clips.

Refia: And next we have Quina Quen from the same tales of IX! This is definitely a wildcard showing but let’s not detract from her achievements. Quina’s frog drop move can effectively break the game making her a force to be reckoned with, and her efforts over the past week to provide the catering for this magnificent event is deliciously good! But can her lack of story hurt her chances? Eiko doesn’t think so, here’s Quina’s nomination story...

Video plays of Quina’s friends speaking favourably of Quina. Quina’s culinary skills are highlighted in depth.

Luneth: Also nominated is Terra Branford from The World of Balance/Ruin and being in arguely the greatest legend in Final Fantasy history must be a good thing right? Well, being the de facto main character in a game whose creators explicitly stated has no main characters is very helpful. And her magical skills are essential in battle. Here’s a video clip of her friends talking about her achievements...

Video plays of Terra’s friends speaking favourably of Terra. Terra’s esper friends also hope she wins Best Character. Terra blushes in the audience.

Arc: Now here is a lady who according to my calculations should never have been nominated. Lightning is the flagship character of System XIII, a controversial system according to the moogle commentators of magazine Mognet, a magazine devoted to ranking the Final Fantasy worlds. However, she has excelled herself and has been something of a celebrity in Final Fantasy, and her steely determination against her branding might be why she has been nominated tonight. Here is Serah Farron talking about what her sister means to her...

Video plays of Serah Farron talking about her sister. Emotions run high both on the video and among Lightning, who displays real emotion for the very first time.

Arc: But the next character should come as no surprise. Cloud Strife needs no fancy introductions from us. His story is epic, spanning across three whole discs and has been novelised, and expanded into the multiple historic tales of Gaia VII. He has been a real star among the pantheon I see before me and the Moomba bet makers are having him as favourite. Will they come true? Who can say, but let the video decide for you.

Video plays of Cloud Strife and his achievements, set against the orchestra music of Aerith’s theme.

Refia: Next up is a real hottie, it’s the one and only Balthier girls!

Female audience and Hope Estheim go crazy.

Refia: That’s right. I have no words to describe him. Balthier is perfection personified. Despite being lumbered with a cast full of duds, like Vaan or Fran, Balthier is still the character people remember from Ivalice. Want further proof? Here’s a sneak peak...

Video plays of Balthier’s best cut scenes, played to romantic music. The female audience and Hope Estheim swoon.

Refia: But next up is Celes Chere, who for many find her story from Magitek warrior to freedom fighter even more inspiring than Terra. Celes fights with the returners despite initial misgivings from her own party. However her blossoming romance with Locke Cole is also just another thread in the tale woven in the masterpiece of the World of Balance/Ruin's history. Not to mention, Celes’s theme is just so much better than Terra’s own!

Video plays of Celes’s friends speaking of their admiration of Celes, played to a orchestra version of Celes’s theme.

Ingus: But finally is Auron, the strongly spoken yet strangely mysterious bushido king of Final Fantasy. Who else is known to drive the story as Auron? He single handedly sent Tidus to Spira. He travelled with the guardians and led them to Yunalesca. His striking backstory gives Auron a well-rounded character, even after death, his strength of will is both admirable and inspiring, especially with me as the Light of determination. However, Auron cannot swim. This alone strikes me as odd given his manliness but then who am I to judge? Here’s your last video...

Video plays of Auron’s friends speaking of Auron’s manliness.

Luneth: And now. It is time. The golden envelope has been handed to me. Are you ready!?

Audience screams affirmatively.

All Four: Then lets begin!!

Drumroll plays, lights dim. Audience is quiet.

All Four: The winner of Best character is.....
    Wark!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Go Terra!

Articles

Best Character

The Nominees
    Auron - FFX · Balthier - FFXII · Celes Chere - FFVI · Cloud Strife - FFVII · Lightning - FFXIII · Quina Quen - FFIX · Terra Branford - FFVI · Vivi Ornitier - FFIX

And the winner is...
    NOT Lightning

Wark!

Articles

Best Character

The Nominees
    Auron - FFX · Balthier - FFXII · Celes Chere - FFVI · Cloud Strife - FFVII · Lightning - FFXIII · Quina Quen - FFIX · Terra Branford - FFVI · Vivi Ornitier - FFIX

And the winner is...
    NOT Terra Branford

Last edited by Award Chocobo; 12-16-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    Wark!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Bah, Lightning is awesome. This is rigged.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

:monster:

Damn it all to hell eoff, you really smurfed this one up :<
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

and not Terra Branford? What the hell is going on?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

Best Character

The Nominees

And the winner is...
    NOT Celes Chere

Wark!

The Man rage incoming?

EDIT: To not Terra, not to not Celes. :x

Articles
    Blog Entries