Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Setzer is the coolest character in FFVI.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FVII doesn't have a very good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Sephiroth is a lame character.

:monster:

FFVII has an often incoherent plot and Cloud and Sephiroth have been turned into terrible characters by their many appearances in sequels and AU material. The game would have been much better if it had continued along the lines suggested by the opening in Midgar (as an exploration of corporate greed, environmental depredation, and so on), and while the feeling of finally getting out of Midgar is one of the most liberating experiences given by any Final Fantasy game, it was all downhill from there.

That said, the beginning sequence of the game is one of the most flawlessly executed sequences in any video game ever made.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The opening FMV of FFVII is really, really boring and quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Red XIII is one of the greatest Final Fantasy characters.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Final Fantasy IV is actually a good game, I would almost say it's design is flawless.

Final Fantasy II is the most underrated game in the franchise, it's a hell of a lot better than people give it credit for.

Final Fantasy III is better than FFIV

Final Fantasy X is an overrated game that is not nearly as good as the praise it gets from fans. I can't even fathom what the Japanese FF fans see in it.

The Fabula Nova Crystallis is an utter failure of a franchise idea and nothing short of Versus XIII becoming a new FFVII for the series would change that.

FFX-2 officially marked the end of FF franchise, because the moment Square/Squenix realized they could make money by just milking past successes marked the end of the company's need to be creative with its writing.

Despite the above statement, FFXII is the last great entry in the series thus far.

VI is the best written entry in the franchise, if only by accident.

Tidus' true nature is the weakest and stupidest plot twist in the main series.

I feel FFVIII needs a remake more than any other entry in the series, because it has the most unrealized ideas and potential.

I feel Kitase is a hack and partly why the series isn't as good as it used to be, because he favors the narrative and cutscenes over the game and creates unbalanced games when he's working alone or with his like minded protege Toriyama.

FFV Job Class system is the best customization/battle system in the series because it offers a lot of options while also being one of the most balanced systems in the series.

Limit Breaks have ruined game balance in the franchise and it's one of the elements of the battle system that needs to be fazed out despite its popularity.

FFV is the last legitimately difficult FF in the series.

Hiroyuki Ito should be in charge of the series/franchise as both the producer and director.

The series needs to stop saving 90% of the optional sidequests until before the final dungeon, this is a stupid game design decision and it causes problems in the rest of the flow of the game.

The series needs to stop creating spells, abilities, and gear for use against the optional super-bosses or at least make them unlock only after you beat the game.

Stop making superbosses into attrition battles, RPGs should never have attrition battles, EVER...

The series needs to grow up and explore more mature themes with a mature mindset. Ditch the 15-16 year old "coming of age" plot with the "boy meets girl" love story.

Articles

FF13 is the best game in the series.

Nah, I'm kidding. Excuse me as I slap myself in the face for even pretending it was.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I feel Kitase is a hack and partly why the series isn't as good as it used to be, because he favors the narrative and cutscenes over the game and creates unbalanced games when he's working alone or with his like minded protege Toriyama.

FFV Job Class system is the best customization/battle system in the series because it offers a lot of options while also being one of the most balanced systems in the series.

Limit Breaks have ruined game balance in the franchise and it's one of the elements of the battle system that needs to be fazed out despite its popularity.

FFV is the last legitimately difficult FF in the series.

Hiroyuki Ito should be in charge of the series/franchise as both the producer and director.
    If these are unpopular opinions, then I don't want to be popular.

My own:

FFIV is bland. I realize it's old and it kind of created the genre as we know it, but I still find it eh.

FFVI's character building system is probably the most tedious in the whole series (more so even than VIII).

Cloud, Tifa and Aeris are the best characters in the whole series, both individually and as players in their game's story.

Triple Triad is a lot of fun.

Blitzball smurfing sucks.

FFXII is the best game in the series because it didn't try to be a game in the series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

American gamers would not overrate FFIV and VI if II III and V were released in the west.

Despite the series philosophy of making a different game every time, the first six are essentially the same game and the three after that were essentially the same game.

Ffii and v are the best 2d games in the series.

FFII did a lot of the things you mothersmurfers give FFIV the credit for.

The junction system is not easily breakable unless you're already experienced in doing so.

FFXII feels nothing like a final fantasy. It's also arguably the best in the series.

The early ff games cannot be considered for best story because they hardly had stories at all, nor were they able to say a lot with the few words they used.

Final Fantasy vii revolutionized the video game medium with the discovery of techniques that modern developers demonstrably still struggle to emulate.

Ffix was a faithful continuation of ffvii and viii

I didn't have fun for the majority of time I spent playing final fantasy vi

The laugh scene in FFX was a successful attempt at a light-hearted reminder to laugh even in the dark times.

The playstation final fantasys handled dialogue trees more efficiently than most western rpg developers

Vaan and Penelo were solid characters who meaningfully contributed to the cohesion of the story

Kefka was an underwhelmingly one dimensional and disappointingly undeveloped villain

Tetra master is better than triple triad

FFXIII probably had the best fully realized characters in the series

Revenant wings was a fun and novel combination of jrpg and real time tactics elements

Series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi was correct when he said the previous games were puppet shows compared to final fantasy vii.

Every game in the series has been pretty solid so far.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Sephiroth isn't hot.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

[x] I don't like Aeris or Aerith or whatever you call the pink-dressed lady.

Throughout the game it felt like the only thing she was interested in gett'in Cloud's pants. That's it. And because he looked like and reminded her of Zack. " Oh you're Zack 2.0 you'll do fine " !

Then how she treats Barret at the Golden Saucer is just rude. Barret expresses his painful past to everybody and is errors on the past and him loosing a dear friend. What does Aeris do ? " Come Cloud, let's have a fun date at the theme park teee-heee " ! while holding his arms. Then Barret storms away pissed off and she's like " Come on Cloud, pick me instead of Tifa " !

Sephiroth did a good job. He he picked the right character to kill off...

[x] Final Fantasy VIII isn't awful or bad and it has a fun battle system and it's a nice romantic game.

[x] My Hands is a good Final Fantasy song and is just as good as Eyes on Me and Suteki na De etc. Leona Lewis is a good singer and My Hands is a good gift to the musical history of Final Fantasy games.

[x] Final Fantasy XIII had potential to be good. If it had better VA's and a controllable with everybody party instead of just Lightning, it would of been okay.

[x] Final Fantasy V should be just as popular as Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X.

[x] Final Fantasy I isn't that great and only gets attention because it was the first one made.
    Last edited by maybee; 12-17-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

-Aerith is a great character, as is Cloud. Both have been retconned into cliched and unlikable, but both are legitimately strong and interesting characters in what was once a great game.

-The Compliation isn't just bad. It made FFVII terrible.

-FFVI is the best game in the series, but it needs a remake terribly.

-FFX has simaltaneously the best and worst elements in the series. There is nothing that FFX does ok. It's battle system, soundtrack, and world are top-tier. It's overarching story is great. Its characters, writing, and direction is flawed.

-FFXII is one of the Top 5 in the series

-The FF fanbase has largely become a joke, being consisted of adolescent teen girls who are far too much into shipping and other superficial elements than the actual plot or writing. This is another reason why FFVII has become some rectroactively bad.

-Crisis Core is pointless, and overshadows FFVII.

-FFXIII had potential to be one of the best in the series. The setting and characters had the potential to be good to great, and if FFXIII were to be reimagined with better plot direction, battle system, and less linearity, it could seriously be great.

-FFXII is the direction the franchise should head.

-FFIX is the best PS1 FF, partially because it stepped away from FFVII and FFVIII's style.

-Nomura is excellent, but he has far too much influence.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

- FF1, FF7 and FFXII are most innovative games in series.

- Best Job in FF is samurai.

- So far I don't like any of 2D FF except for FF1/2.

- FF4 feels like an NES FF with less freedom than FF3.

- I can't get into FFV or FFVI, they feel very slow for a 2D JRPG when it comes to expanding story and gameplay.

- Zack is the best FF character.

- FF needs to ditch ATB.

- Square needs to make a completely new set of monsters, magic, summons and more special menus for a new FF game.

- FF needs more plot important content to make towns/dungeons/weapons/items etc... more worthwhile for the game and Kill elements that pad the games like loot and side quests.

- FF fans forgot what they like about FF games which is why they want more homage,cameos,remakes, ports and JRPG 101.

- I think FF fans are too much into hyper criticism and it doesn't add anything to fandom or games other than hate.