Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default 2012 - Your year in review

So we're half way through December and the end of the year is fast approaching (well provided the world doesn't end before then!) What has been the highlight of your year? Did you achieve something you set out to achieve? Did something happy and unexpected happen? What are you plans going forward?

The lows for me were failing at getting a job promotion that I've been trying several times to get. I thought that I was in the best position ever for it but alas it didn't work out.

A few weeks later though, going to the Olympics and Paralympics was pretty much the high - I've lived in London for most of my life before I moved to Ireland for work so seeing the Olympics and Paralympics in my own backyard is something that's going to live with me forever. Made me so proud - this has been my cover photo on facebook for so long and it keeps bringing back "that feel." Never felt so proud!

This got me inspired to sort my life out and get in shape again. I've been going the gym daily for about 9 weeks now and have nearly dropped 2 dress sizes which would've been unthinkable to me this time last year.

So my plan going forward is to keep that up and then nail that job next time it comes up. Doing as much as I can to make that happen and not trying to dwell on set backs as much anymore.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 12-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've had a pretty uneventful year in terms of big things happening really.

I guess this is the year I went a bit crazy, got really independent, worked really hard and got through it.

I failed to get onto my dream graduate scheme, so was really depressed about that for a while, but now I've realised that one closed door means several open doors; had I gotten onto that grad scheme, I would not be able to go traveling in Australia next year which would really smurf me over.

The most significant thing that has happened this year is probably my promotion at work, because I worked so hard and went unnoticed, was very much an underdog in the 'competition' shall we say, and blew away the managers in my trial for the position. Since then I've been told I'm the most friendly and personable member of staff on my shop floor, which is nice because I know first hand how much the staff complain about the Supervisors and Management.

I specifically make it my goal to make sure that my staff get a chance to shine, and are happy and interested in their work as sometimes retail can be super stressful, so I like to make sure that they're always enjoying it.

I've also gotten a lot more confident and loosened up a bit.

Next year, I hope is going to be an even bigger year for me. I'm graduation (hopefully with my maintained 2:1!) and then pretty soon after I'll be leaving the UK for a year abroad working in Australia. This is so exciting but terrifying, but I feel like I have to do it. I am struggling to decide what I want to pursue as a career, so hopefully when I'm away I can figure out my life a little bit, because right now it feels like a giant puzzle with pieces missing.

Blog Entries

2012 was an ok year from me apart from the loss of my mother.

I was living in London touring the country with a band working as their tech, graphic designer and what not.
    I have since finished my time with the band and moved back to my parents house to help my dad out.

2013 is hopefully going to be a good year though I hae lots of projects in line to keep me busy
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2012 had its ups and downs for me, like every other year. Can't really pinpoint to any certain events for this year, but let's just say I've enjoyed it.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

2012 was pretty good, I guess. I learned a lot and matured a lot. And made new friendships, and cut out unhealthy relationships.

2013 is going to be damn amazing, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I got my master's, went traveling, became single again after 3 years, came back to EoFF, etc. It was ok

It smurfin flew. Which I guess is a good thing? Nothing notable happened really besides taking an actual vacation in July. Oh, and I joined EoFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Futan View Post
    Oh, and I joined EoFF.
    your 2013 will draaaaaaaaaaag because of this

:3

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Futan View Post
    Oh, and I joined EoFF.
    your 2013 will draaaaaaaaaaag because of this

:3
    Well 2012 since I joined sure has!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I got a job that I actually enjoy (as much as one can enjoy a job) and also have so far stuck to my New Year's Resolution from January.

Which was to make at least one new thread a day on EoFF.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2012 was a relatively troutty year that got better as it went on. Next year will be spent almost entirely in China, presuming I don't Rantz it up and get banned.

.....was hoping my house would get done this year but I don't really know how to do some of the stuff and my dad has been working on his houses/apartments (working midnight shifts too) ....and my just parents split up....

Thankfully I got a raise at work though...min wage isn't really that good to work with when you have a house...

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I embarked on the journey of a lifetime. It was riddled with obstacles and challenges not of my own creation which only served to dampen the overall experience. I returned "home" to a completely different world than I had left, and have been struggling to cope with the changes ever since. The constant depression has removed any sense of joy or passion I would have normally felt from important events like graduating university or exiting my teenage years. I have become utterly disillusioned with life in general and am now locked in an endless debate over what there is to do next and whether or not it is of any point or purpose. 2012 would be the best year of my life if the world ended and that's not even a smurfing joke.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2012 was a busy year...

Graduated and got that degree.
    Got a new job few months after graduating and the pay, work and hours are pretty good.
    Finally got my dream office for editing, web design, and such. Freelance stuff I do on the side.
    Got diagnosed with something so that's not good.
    Learning new things on the job and outside pushing myself to learn new things by myself or with tutorials.

I hope for 2013 that I will be in good health for next year and continue to learn. I also hope that I will still have a good job as I need to pay off loans and be more independent.

Articles
    Blog Entries

House burned down. Lived in a motel for three weeks. Went to two anime conventions. Lived in a small house with six people, two dogs, and a cat for five months. Graduated. Went to DC to bore Proto, Baloki, and Jiro. Moved back in. Moved in my dorm.

An interesting year, to be honest. xD