Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Job System in FF13

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Lightning - Red Mage: Good at attack, good at magic, but not strongest in either areas compared to the rest of her party. Still it's probably what she'll spend all her time doing, so yeah.
    Sazh - Bard: Does he sing songs? Well, not that I've seen. Does he use an instrument? Well, not really. But he's great at buffing, debuffing and long range attacks. To me, this reads "Bard" all over.
    Snow - Monk: Uses his fists and has so much health he doesn't know what to do with it.
    Hope & Vanille: Both are equally black mage and white mage. If I had to pick which is which, I would have Vanille as the Black Mage because her special attack is Death, and there is no way in hell a White Mage would ever have that. Meanwhile, Hope's summon is Alexander who uses Holy, which is White Magic.
    Fang - Dragoon: I think everyone can agree on this, it's pretty obvious.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Lightning - Red Mage: Good at attack, good at magic, but not strongest in either areas compared to the rest of her party. Still it's probably what she'll spend all her time doing, so yeah.
    Uhm, well, yes! I guess you could say so... Although I don't like Red Mages she sounds like one...

Sazh - Bard: Does he sing songs? Well, not that I've seen. Does he use an instrument? Well, not really. But he's great at buffing, debuffing and long range attacks. To me, this reads "Bard" all over.
    Finding a class for him is harder to me than the game itself! XD Hahaha!

Bard eh? I love Bards, although they are quite rare in the series! I'd have agreed with you if his debuffing would have been done with unique skills, but since it uses spells it seems far from the art skills of Bard (music or not)...

Hope & Vanille: Both are equally black mage and white mage. If I had to pick which is which, I would have Vanille as the Black Mage because her special attack is Death, and there is no way in hell a White Mage would ever have that. Meanwhile, Hope's summon is Alexander who uses Holy, which is White Magic.
    I had the same idea but it doesn't work perfectly since they both lack the complete spell list of the color of mage you want to assign them!
    If you want to be a Final Fantasy hero...............

Choose your class!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by SteahMeLee View Post
    I had the same idea but it doesn't work perfectly since they both lack the complete spell list of the color of mage you want to assign them!
    True, but I can only go by what they're closest to. Unless you count the Conjurer class from FFXIV 1.x, but that's pushing it, and it's far from a traditional FF job.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    True, but I can only go by what they're closest to. Unless you count the Conjurer class from FFXIV 1.x, but that's pushing it, and it's far from a traditional FF job.
    Hehehe! Of course my inspiration comes from traditional classes! There is another problem... Hope has his Full ATB Skill Last Resort into the Ravager skill tree and that skill tree corresponds to the Black Mage for a magic oriented character...

But to make things even more complicated, although as logic Black Magic is all that target the enemy party (Ravager/Saboteur) and White Magic all that target the allied party (Medic/Synergist), Vanille and Hope have these attitudes badly mixed with Vanille that excels in Medic/Saboteur and Hope in Ravager/Synergist!

What a mess!

It's true that it happens that Black and White change the logic used to assign spells to one or the other color, but it's still a confusion... I find it hard to see a Black Mage casting also Protect and Shell, it's really chaotic...

Choose your class!

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    I don't think his physical stats are quite good enough to consider him a Gunner, imo.
    But...but...he has guns...

The problems with Sazh go far beyond that... It's a whole mess making classes generally...

Choose your class!