Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juggling your backlog

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

This thread reminds me. I never got to finishing FFIII or Advance Wars. They got too hard me for me so I just dropped them.

I lack any kind of Backlog to speak of.

My 360 has a disc read error and my PS2 has an overheating problem, which effectively eliminates my ability to play games from either of those systems (despite having a number of games I still need to play). The PS2 problem is easily fixed, and I suspect the 360 problem would be as well, but I haven't gotten around to doing so because I've just transitioned back to PC games. The problem with my 'backlog' is that it is ever-growing thanks to things like Humble Bundle, Steam sales, and GoG, so I never really get anything accomplished.

I mostly play about 3-4 games at a time depending on my mood, with a constant stream of League of Legends to balance out the boredom.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ugh, don't remind me of the games I am technically "playing" but are back in the cupboard. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

My brides so far happen to be Pokemon Platinum, a game which I have never actually completed, despite owning it for over two years. This is my third attempt at offing it...

Uncharted: Drake's fortune, which I'm halfway through but it is sadly languishing in my PS3 at the moment because, no word of a lie, I am scared of those creepy monster things in Chapter 17 onwards and I don't really want to face them. I know, horror elements scare the crap out of me.

I'd like to continue playing Final Fantasy VII at some point, and Professor Layton and the Last Specter. Yet two more games I have never fully completed.

In summary, I try to get a structure, but they just end up falling flat. Sad really.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Uncharted: Drake's fortune, which I'm halfway through but it is sadly languishing in my PS3 at the moment because, no word of a lie, I am scared of those creepy monster things in Chapter 17 onwards and I don't really want to face them. I know, horror elements scare the crap out of me.
    The Creepy Monster Things were kinda super annoying in all 3 games (spoiler, each game has "monsters") but it's so worth pushing through. Especially because it means you get to play 2 and 3 and those are mind-blowingly awesome.

Finishing a game seems quite an accomplishment anymore.

But I guess that's what happens you play a bunch of rpgs.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I can only play one game at a time unless it is a multiplayer game or a game that I play competitively. For example, I play League of Legends with friends and I travel out of state for Street Fighter IV play, so I have to keep up with those regardless of what I pursue on the side. I want to replay Final Fantasy IX soon, so while I am playing that game, I will not start any other gaming projects until that game is complete or I lose all interest in it.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    The Creepy Monster Things were kinda super annoying in all 3 games (spoiler, each game has "monsters") but it's so worth pushing through. Especially because it means you get to play 2 and 3 and those are mind-blowingly awesome.
    I actually own Two, as it was handed down by my brother who moved out. But damn, I've seen youtube videos, and they just seem bloody scary! I watched the chapter called "The Bunker" and it's something out of a Resident Evil movie.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Steam...0-316147.shtml

Steam sale starts in probably 2 hours. Time for our backlogs to get larger. I will resist! XD

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Get time, play games, enjoy.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i hated when the monsters showed up in uncharted 1

absolutely zero foreshadowing on that one

2 and 3 did it well at least

and yeah u2 is one of the best games ever

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I play one game at a time. I go start to finish, experiencing everything I can. Every quest, mission, treasure. Then when I've gone through it thoroughly I move on to the next game.

I typically play games in one of 4 general genres: Action, RPG, Shooter, Platform. I try to mix and match the genres so that it keeps things interesting. For instance, I just finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Action), so next I'll play Mass Effect 3 (Shooter). After that will be The Last Story (RPG).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum