Thread: Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #15

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #15

Hello! During the weekend, we've just gone through our Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ciddies ceremony on the forums, and throughout the event, we've had quite the number of fan arts created solely for the event! Loony BoB was gracious enough to collect the art for the Ciddies and through BoB, we managed to have a dozen selected for this week's Final Fantasy Ciddies Fan Art Showcase special! I've also managed to gather our Award mascots to give their unique comments for several of their favorite pieces. Who knows what crazy thing they may say!

Before we see our special showcase, allow me to introduce our Award mascots.

Award Chocobo!

Award Cactuar!

Award Moogle!

Award Tonberry!

And a special invitation to Award Moomba!

Now that the introductions are out of the way, let's move on to the fan artworks made for the Final Fantasy Ciddies we all loved and enjoyed.

Source 1: Fuzakeru

Vivi with a Ciddie

Award Chocobo: I asked Fuzakeru to do this because I knew that on very short notice - and I must emphasize this point as I only gave her something like 16 hours before the event began and gave her 18 hours as a deadline. She managed to put this together within four hours and it still looks amazing - a great mix of colour with green, yellow, blue, green and red fitting together perfectly on a black background, stylised in Fuza's clean yet really easy-on-the-eye way. Despite having only eyes for a face, the eyes show it all as Vivi is clearly delighted with his win!

Award Moomba: It's really cute to see Vivi all dressed up in formal wear! Just look at the expression on his face while he's carrying that statue! He's so adorable!

Source 2

L'cie partay

Award Cactuar: I'm glad to see the artist isn't promoting underage drinking, with Hope and Vanille not engaging in alcohol consumption! Poor old Sazh seems to be nursing a nosebleed, but at least that won't show up on his delightful claret shirt.

Award Tonberry: Those are a lot of shot glasses. I wonder who is in the lead in whatever drinking game they're playing! I don't know how they could drink that so fast. Slow and steady I always say!

Award Moogle: Hey look Kupo! It's the gang of Final Fantasy XIII all back together again! Aren't they looking spectacular, kupo? I actually joined them for a drink after the awards. You see, Fang helped me out a little kupo, after my scuffle with Ultros!

Anyway! About this art, I'm not an arty Moogle kupo, you should ask my cousin Puko about art, he likes to paint so maybe he would know this art better, Kupo! I do like this image though! It looks like Fang and Lightning are gonna go head to head with those shots, Sazh knows how it is gonna end kupo! Someone will end up as passed out as a sleeping Behemoth, kupo!

Look at poor Hope's face there, kupo. I think he wanted to join in, but I don't think a boy his age could keep up with those two fiesty mama's kupo!

Okay, next piece kupopopo!

Source 3: Shusuika

FFVII crew around a table

Award Moomba: There's a lot going on in here! It's so nice that the gang from Final Fantasy VII can get together and enjoy themselves during the ceremonies. Just look at poor Zack's spirit denied to hold his Ciddie. Gee, I really love the usage of the speech bubbles here, makes this whole picture so lively!

Award Moogle: This one really makes me laugh kupo. My favourite is Cid and Zack kupo! "You can't hold kupo Zack!" The characters have been captured so well! And look at Sephiroth poking poor Cloud with a spear on a ciddie! Oh kupo!

I'm sad that Marlene and Denzel aren't in the photo kupo, I love them both so much, I sometimes go to the beach with them and they bury me in the sand kupo! Always a good time! But I think it's best they were at home for this one kupo.

Source 4: joelmbello@DeviantArt

Tonberry with a Ciddie

Award Cactuar: I love the little whale tale that the Tonberry has going on there. I imagine it would be quite springy and bouncy! I'm also rather pleased that Tonberry has chosen to put his knife down. How symbolic - he has found acceptance and no longer needs to doink unsuspecting octopi.

Award Tonberry: Not gonna lie, happiest moment of this Tonberry's life! From zero to hero!

Source 5

Winner

Award Cactuar: I want to break free. I want to break free from Shinra wear some panties and bra I don't need you! I've got to break free. It's strange but it's true, yeah. I can't help the way I love Don Corneo like I do.

Award Moogle: And here is Cloud with his award! You know, I actually helped him pick out that suit Kupo! He was dead set on a red suit with a bow tie kupo, but I told him he might clash with Agent Proto kupo so I picked out this magic number for him! Isn't he simply dashing kupo!

Something that I do love about Cloud is his style kupo. He can rock any clothes and still look like a hunk. Not a lot of guys can do that kupo. Anyway, I'm so pleased he won a Ciddie, how fantastic! KUPO!

Award Moomba: Just something about this makes me want to rock out to "We are the champions" by Queen. It just seems quite fitting with this. Doesn't anyone agree?

Source 6: Surfinpika@DeviantArt

Kefka with a Ciddie

Award Chocobo: Surfinpika submitted a solitary work of art but was working on it for a longer time than most, and I do believe it shows! Kefka is a tricky guy to draw and I wasn't expecting anyone to really go gung-ho on this character like they would on the others. Yet here we are with one of the most detailed, colourful and beautiful pieces of the evening. I think this one may have more attention to shading and detail than any of the other pictures, actually - I'm struggling to recall them all at once in my head, perhaps one other pictures meets it.

Award Tonberry: Doesn't look like Kefka cares too much for his prize. Or at least for it's well being!

Source 7

FF Awards: Quina

Award Cactuar: Quina Quen proudly reps the Third Street Saints. What a hat! What a fantastic and stupendous outfit! That purple ribbon, the gold splotches, the cuff! Yes yes yes! Yes! Wait, don't put that in your mouth, Quina!

Award Moomba: No Quina! That's not where the Ciddies go! Despite all the rumors, the statue is not made of chocolate! Stop! ;_;

Source 8

Refia - Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ciddies

Award Chocobo: Luran-V's linework provided for other Ciddies pictures (Selphie, Tifa and Ashe, each drawn with a Ciddie in hand) was impressive but his coloured work for the evening is a masterpiece. A lesser known character, Refia was brought to life as she delivered her Happiest Member speech by this beautiful work. Every ruffle shaded, Refia's costume is as well done as her hair and eyes which show obvious attention to detail. The background itself is simple yet seemingly perfect.

Award Moogle: Ahhh, the beautiful Refia. She is such a delightful young woman kupo! and I really really liked her speech too! It's so nice for her to get a spotlight at the Ciddies. I remember one time Refia and I went apple picking in the woods so that she could make apple pie. Kupooooo, she left the pie on the windowsill and some wild Tonberry stole it all to himself KUPO >.<

Oh, right, kupo! I like this drawing a lot, she looks beautiful and I think it's one of my favourites Kupo!

Award Tonberry: I missed how cute Refia looked while announcing this! I couldn't quite keep up with the pace of the award ceremony!

Source 9

FF-25th Anniversary, Serah and Vanille

Award Moogle: Ooooh! Serah and Vanille looking very very beautiful here! I'm amazed at all these lovely dresses from the awards, kupo! My cousin Puko may be the artist of our Mog family, but I am definitely the go-to moogle for fashion kupo!

Look at the rainbow dress, it matches Vanille's personality perfectly, so sunny and bright and happy! Kupo! And doesn't she have the most beautiful legs! You know, I helped Vanille prepare for this event kupo. I would go out running with her so she could look her best, kupo!

As for Serah, well she is a rare beauty! Look at the cut of that dress kupo, it's classy and stylish yet still maintains that playfullness and happiness Serah just exudes! kupo! I think these two ladies were the best dressed for sure, kupo!

Award Moomba: Their outfits are definitely stunning and beautiful during their presentations! Serah is quite the looker with an amazing dress, and Vanille looks so adorable in that colorful outfit! I wonder who designed their dresses.

Source 10

The Shin-Ra Company

Award Tonberry: The Shinra table sure was overflowing! You think with all that money they would've bought a few more tables. Guess ol' president Shinra is a still a stickler with his cash, even as a rich man!

Award Chocobo: This picture by DrAssenov is rather epic. I never expected anyone to put a whopping fourteen characters into one picture! Every character is drawn with detail and expression, it's not just your average "posed character" shot which many people might opt for. This looks like a photograph of the characters in every sense, as if they had just gathered together to see if their beloved Midgar would win Best Town/Location. It did, and I like to think of this as a photo taken the moments before they found out, or perhaps even just after as they certainly look happy! The entire picture is clearly designed for the black tie event, although I find it amusing that Reno typically breaks that rule in favour of an opened button!

Award Cactuar: Look at how fantastic and smug Palmer is. The other characters all had to dress up and put on fancy suits. Palmer didn't. That's just how Palmer dresses. He is one suave guy. It's also nice to see President Shinra and Professor Gast get a nod.

Source 11

and the winnder is..

Award Moogle: Ahhh, sexiest female! Tifa Lockhart kupo! No wonder she is an inspiration to many of the women on our forum kupo! she has style, grace and sexiness to boot kupo! And she is fierce and strong! Kupo, this is a woman with it all if I ever saw one!

I love all the beautiful flowers which surround her, kupo! and her hair is to die for too kupo! She is a beautiful lady with a heart of solid gold kupo! I can definitely see that from this picture! what a lady! KUPO!

Award Chocobo: Tifa is my favourite character, so I may perhaps be biased for the critique of this one. She looks absolutely beautiful. A lot of attention can easily be paid to the gorgeous flower arrangement which I feel is fitting for the softer side that Tifa often shows during the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. I really enjoy how happy Cid (well, Ciddie) looks to be in Tifa's hands. Lucky bastard.

Award Moomba: Tifa looks absolutely adoring in this shot! Don't get me wrong, she deserves to win Most Sexiest Female, but she doesn't look hot and sexy in here, more like she's being cute and adorable. Still a very nice piece, indeed!

Source 12

Zidane and Rydia's interview

Award Tonberry: Guess Zidane's not used to being spoken for, but that face by Garnet is pure rage! And she seems to have found my kitchen knife! ZIDANE WATCH OUT!

Award Chocobo: Ha! This one was easily one of my favourite red carpet pictures. The moment I saw this picture, I wanted to show it off to Psychotic and Lockharted so we could come up with a story to go with it. I think this picture also inspired Award Cactuar, as at the time the picture was drawn Psychotic and Lockharted were going to be showing up as themselves at the awards. I believe it was Psy who decided to change and I wouldn't be surprised if this image was largely behind that inspiration. Zidane looks blissfully unaware and just happy to be on camera and with his arm around the clearly confused Rydia. Garnet is a picture of rage, dagger in hand - suitably, given her nickname. My favourite character in this image, though, is Cactuar - not exactly like he ever changes expression, but his expression is perfect for the situation!

Award Cactuar: Oh! Here I am! Look at me, I'm a handsome cactuar, aren't I? I think I would've been a much better date for Rydia, as my green skin would co-ordinate well with her outfit and hair. Garnet's pupil-less eyes and flying hair are quite scary, meanwhile, so I can see why Zidane looked for pastures new!

For more artwork that was created solely for the Ciddies, please check out our gallery at #EyesonFF @ dA! That's it for this week! Since this was a special event, next week we'll be having a break so no showcase next week! Adios friends, and happy holidays.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Excellent showcase Proto!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The art work during this celebration was amazing! I applaud all the artist who worked hard on these! They really made the ciddies amazing!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So much art-fun!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Excellent artwork.

Blog Entries

Awesome pictures! I enjoyed each and every one of them!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Can't believe I've only just seen this. These pictures are amazing and it's so fantastic and heartwarming that so many people took the time out to draw these.