Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Game Genre

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I like to believe anyone can become great at anything if they keep at it with a positive attitude.
    Well, that's true but if you had to play right now, what genre would you be bad at?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well I think any RTS requires some hours of failing and studying the metagame in order to get to a playable hour. MOBAs I'd say are the same as well.

I'm a well-rounded gamer, I play RPGs, RTS, shooters, racers, action/adventure titles, sports games and even a puzzle title here and there. Maybe dating sims would be my weak one, because my IRL charisma is so off the chain, I probably wouldn't comply with the average game-developers idea of socializing.

Blog Entries

FPS. I was that kid in high school who always let down the team in Counter-Strike. Not too crash hot at RTSs either.

Having said that, I do own CoD, BF, Killzone, the F.E.A.R series. I also played quite a bit of WC3, C&C, AoE2 back in the day. I enjoy these games, I'm just bad at them, often having to resort to lots of retries and being very flexible with the difficulty slider.

Fighting and racing games are where I feel most comfortable.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not terribly bad at any genre, though I tend to find myself playing with people who will make me look bad. I'm good at fighting games, I have to tell myself this because all of my friends who play fighting games are tournament grade and completely trounce me. I'm decent at FPS but I play with people who usually rank in the top ten online scoreboards.

I don't really play racing games, never saw the appeal cause I don't find it as exhilarating as driving a real car. Sports games are the same thing, I would prefer to actually play the sport than play a game about a sport. RTS games I am pretty bad with. Largely cause they are a PC dominate genre and I just haven't been able to get back into PC gaming, I just don't like playing games on my computer, even emulated console games. Course this hasn't stopped me from trying... *avoids looking at Steam sale*

Blog Entries

I'm horrible at fighters and so so at sports games. I'm very streaky in FPS's.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm tremendously bad at realistic racers. Not so bad, though not exactly good, at more arcadey or crazy ones like Wipeout or Rollcage, but GT or F1 or whatever? Terrible.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The only racer I can say I am decent in is Mario Kart.

RTS, FPS, and fighting games. These are the kinds of games I don't play.

also i'm complete ass at using keyboard for playing games. my mind can't do wasd

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm only decent at fighters. I tend to rely a lot on specials and not on combos, which is how good players do it.

I'm also not that great with FPS because I'm no good at aiming.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    RTS, FPS, and fighting games. These are the kinds of games I don't play.

also i'm complete ass at using keyboard for playing games. my mind can't do wasd

THANK YOU. Someone else can't fathom wasd keys either. I swear I thought I was the only one, but I can't use em. I use the apparently inferior directional keys instead. I have tried to use wasd, but I always kept hitting caps lock or one of the surrounding letter keys. Very annoying.

I love fighting games, but my lack of interest in the super hardcore in-depth aspect of them means I wouldn't stand a chance in competitive play.

I'm not really a fan of first-person shooters. The only ones I've liked are the Metroid Prime series, which is probably more along the lines of a first-person adventure game rather than a pure shooter.

Believe it or not Platform games minus the Spyro series. I'm okay at fighting, shooters and RPG's but hand me Crash 3 and I'll struggle to get passed the second warp room.

I don't think I got passed the first boss in Ratchet and Clank 2. And this is a game genre that is aimed towards kids. *sigh *