Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know what really rustled my jimmies about this game?

Default You know what really rustled my jimmies about this game?

Finally making it through the Cave to the Sealed Gate, and then after saving my game realizing that I missed Ultima Weapon.

I survived, but my jimmies didn't.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I used the magicite consumable item from one of the treasure chests in there and blew myself up with Crusader my first trip through. Had to do it again!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The fact that Ultima Weapon was miss-able really pissed me off on my first play-through. I was so upset that that is all I think about when I go through the cave.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

I missed Water Rondo the first time, I think. In the GBA version you have at least Leviathan's battle for a new chance.

Blog Entries

I didnt wait for Shadow my first time around
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I end up missing on River Rondo every-time I play...

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I didnt wait for Shadow my first time around
    Yeah I didn't understand how long you had to wait. I sort of knew that Shadow was coming, but I was like "uh come on dude we need to go" and

I also missed Ultima Weapon on my second attempt at the game because that smurfing cave is horrible.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Oh man.

Leaving Shadow behind and then end up finding out that you killed him, because you didn't wait for him is rough. But you don't want to restart because your already gone through so much effort. It's rough.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That feel when you killed Shadow.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Wanna know what "rustles my jimmies?"

smurfING GAU AND THE GOD DAMN VELDT!!!

I'm always getting through a cave and then I think "Oh, there's a formation I haven't encountered yet" and I have to keep fighting battles, just fighting random smurfing battles until I've encountered all the different monster types so they appear on the Veldt!

JUST smurf THE VELDT, smurf GAU, smurf YOU, AND YOU, AND *YOU'RE* NEXT!!

Ah, Gau. The whole Veldt thing was so tedious, that I just didn't bother and tossed him to the wayside. Gotta give the developers props for creating a unique character and skill-learning system... but at the same time, take away the props due to how much of a pain it is.

I think this game, IX and VII are right up there as the absolute worst when it comes to permanently missable stuff. I'm pretty sure this is the only game in the series where one false step means you've forever lost a whole character.

It also bugged me that the original version didn't have Leviathan in it. I'm glad they added him to the GBA release.
    Last edited by NinjaCoachZ; 12-23-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There were a lot of missables in this game. I am not sure if the concept of being forgiving enough to give the player a second chance at special items and sidequests was invented until long after this game, but I disliked the waiting for Shadow deal as you had to wait until there were only seconds left before he would show up. I'm not sure how many first time players would figure that out on their own.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

^
    It adds a second playthrough though. As soon as the you get passed the game the first time it's like "c'mon lets get Shadow this time guys " !

Or was it just me ?

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Wanna know what "rustles my jimmies?"

smurfING GAU AND THE GOD DAMN VELDT!!!

I'm always getting through a cave and then I think "Oh, there's a formation I haven't encountered yet" and I have to keep fighting battles, just fighting random smurfing battles until I've encountered all the different monster types so they appear on the Veldt!

JUST smurf THE VELDT, smurf GAU, smurf YOU, AND YOU, AND *YOU'RE* NEXT!!
    I've heard that you're taking a stand against that FILTHY DEVIL, Godwin! You're going to BASH him up good?! This is absolutely wonderful news! That insalubrious blackguard Godwin is truly the very SOUL of evil incarnate! His PESTIFEROUS being spreads evil to everything it TOUCHES! Stormfist USED to be mine, I tell you! It RIGHTFULLY belongs to the House of Aethelbald! He TOOK it from me, he TRICKED everyone! FILTHY, FILTHY, DEVIL! No QUARTER or MERCY for the FILTHY DEVIL! BASH HIS EXECRABLEMALEFICENT RANCOROUSDAMNABLEFACE! DEVIL! PERFIDIOUSMISERABLEODIOUSWRESTCH!! GEETAAAAARRRGH!!!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bleys you're drunk, and this isn't the Suikoden forum you go to, remember they banned you for this very thing...

VI does have a lot of missables, especially since they liked to give you choices like the Ragnarok Magicite/Sword question. I think the only thing that ever seriously annoyed me was that saving Cid nets you nothing of interest. It is so much better to kill him and after I learned this, I purposely poison his ass with weak fish. I also remember getting annoyed about not knowing the lyrics for the opera song, not realizing the book on the counter in the backstage contained the lyrics sheet/blocking. Non-Standard Game overs are a bit rough...