Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticize This Game

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I like how MILF provided the most well-thought out, detailed, and on-topic post in a thread called "Criticize this game" and people are getting their panties in a twist over it. He was just following directions!
    I give you detailed and on topic.

Well thought out is where you lost me.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dunno, I thought I'd rustle some jimmies and jimmies are indeed rustled so I think my thoughts were well placed.

One thing I neglected to mention though, regardless of anything else, Chocobo Hot and Cold is a goddamn brilliant minigame and damn nearly worth the price of admission by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I dunno, I thought I'd rustle some jimmies and jimmies are indeed rustled so I think my thoughts were well placed.

One thing I neglected to mention though, regardless of anything else, Chocobo Hot and Cold is a goddamn brilliant minigame and damn nearly worth the price of admission by itself.
    Pft, my Jimmies are un-rustleable. I just like talk trout.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

As much as we'd all like to ignore it, MILF does have some good points in there. I don't agree with everything he said but I do give him that much. Y'all should rep him too.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

There, now you all know why FFIX is a bad game and shouldn't be played.
    I'm sorry, sir, but not only is IX the best FF ever made, it's also one of the greatest RPGs and games of all time. Saying anything else (even in jest) is not only wrong, it's also a hideous, nearly unforgivable crime. Please change your wrong opinion to the right one: IX is awesome. Freedom of opinion? Silly sir, there is no such thing when it comes to Final Fantasy IX.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Y'all should rep him too.
    ..... No

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post

I'm sorry, sir, but not only is IX the best FF ever made, it's also one of the greatest RPGs and games of all time. Saying anything else (even in jest) is not only wrong, it's also a hideous, nearly unforgivable crime. Please change your wrong opinion to the right one: IX is awesome. Freedom of opinion? Silly sir, there is no such thing when it comes to Final Fantasy IX.
    This however is getting some rep !

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I would prefer we rebut him properly instead of becoming authoritarian and trying to force him to change his views without evidence. Aren't we above that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I would prefer we rebut him properly instead of becoming authoritarian and trying to force him to change his views without evidence. Aren't we above that?
    PfffftHAHAHAHA
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I thought that MILF's post would finally generate some awesome debate over this game, but instead y'all let me down by just disregarding his post as the rantings of a crazy man.

I would make a huge rebuttal, but I don't care enough tbh. I just like reading debate and stuff. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I thought that MILF's post would finally generate some awesome debate over this game, but instead y'all let me down by just disregarding his post as the rantings of a crazy man.

I would make a huge rebuttal, but I don't care enough tbh. I just like reading debate and stuff. :3
    Well in our defense, he IS a crazy man.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

That, and you could probably replace "IX" by the number of your least favourite Final Fantasy and most of his arguments would still stand.

Also, I generally find such "debates" to be useless as they go nowhere. The pro-side won't change their mind and neither will the anti-side, both sides have already heard the same old arguments of the other side again and again, so why debate? There's so much more fun things they could be doing instead, like buying Symphony of the Night from the Playstation Store and playing the hell out of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I like how MILF provided the most well-thought out, detailed, and on-topic post in a thread called "Criticize this game" and people are getting their panties in a twist over it. He was just following directions!
    I actually agree with most of what MILF said. I think everyone is being brainwashed by all the IX fanboys

It's a decent, even a good game, but is it my favourite? No. For me, it's middling. I found the world to be disconnected from each other. While in X, each location blends perfectly with each other, and even in the "world map" games, VIII did a wonderful job with each location linking in quite well. For me, IX's locations just seem disconnected. Individually, they are very interesting and great, but collectively on Gaia, they don't blend well.

Tetra Master is absolute garbage and anybody who says otherwise is just factually wrong. The minigame is bad mechanically so there really nos no denying how awful it is.

So yes, having to play the card tournament was just as unforgivable as having to play the blitzball game against the Goers. Hell, it's worse because the card tournament is a total waste of time and comes out of nowhere. It's entirely pointless.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah after Triple Triad I was shocked at how mediocre Tetra Master was. Was really looking forward to an improved version of it in IX but nope. And they never picked it up again after that.

Admittedly I am a crazy person but on the other hand I have tasted the Pike so I can't be THAT crazy

Yeah after Triple Triad I was shocked at how mediocre Tetra Master was. Was really looking forward to an improved version of it in IX but nope. And they never picked it up again after that.

Admittedly I am a crazy person but on the other hand I have tasted the Pike so I can't be THAT crazy
    I don't think you are helping your case very well.

But not only was triple Triad horrid, but Tetra master was pretty crap too. Of course I enjoy it more if only out of spite for FF VIII.