Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wutai At War

Blog Entries

Default Wutai At War

So, we all know that Wutai lost the war, but I can never seem to remember why they were at war with Shin-Ra to begin with.

Elmyra's husband died in the war, and Elmyra took in Aerith when Ifalna died after their escape from Headquarters, right? So, I guess my question is:

Did this whole "Search for the Land the Ancients" thing have anything to do with the war? Or did Shin-Ra want to built a Reactor there, and Wutai refused?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Did this whole "Search for the Land the Ancients" thing have anything to do with the war? Or did Shin-Ra want to built a Reactor there, and Wutai refused?
    ShinRa wanted Wutai to be a part of their whole system, yes. Like they did with every place they have visited and hypnotized by smart arguments.

Blog Entries

Wutai clearly symbolizes JAPAN AND ANTI-IMPERIALISM WHAT

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Shinra heard about that house full of cats and wanted it all for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Don't forget all that hiding places where you can lurk and watch people perfectly.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

They wanted control of Wutai, just like everybody else. It would probably be a great place for a reactor and that means money

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    They wanted control of Wutai, just like everybody else. It would probably be a great place for a reactor and that means money
    Jo, ShinRa wanted to make everything a part of their system, as mentioned. It was actually very brave of Wutai since ShinRa was the greatest human force (when it comes to a system which has influence to practically everything and ShinRa wants money like you said and money means more power and they wanted to have power in everything and over everything globally) ever. Too bad they "annoyed" Sephiroth. And then one day President Shinra wakes up and is dead.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

Dinner is served

It is true - Shinra wanted to build a reactor and when Wutai refused, the long war began.
    It all ended when Shinra eventually brought in Sephiroth.

The world, through tons of pro-Shinra propaganda, viewed Sephiroth as a hero, inspiring tons of young men to sign up for SOLDIER. This included Zack and Cloud.

Blog Entries

I know this is a huge devastating derailment of this thread, but what IS with that cat house?

Quote Originally Posted by DrAssenov View Post

The world, through tons of pro-Shinra propaganda, viewed Sephiroth as a hero, inspiring tons of young men to sign up for SOLDIER. This included Zack and Cloud.
    The war lasted longer than the moment when Sephiroth appeared on the battle field like it is shown in Crisis Core as well, but it was just a matter of time, yes. It was a very long war. Typically human. Bow to the system or suffer the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

The war lasted longer than the moment when Sephiroth appeared on the battle field like it is shown in Crisis Core as well, but it was just a matter of time, yes. It was a very long war. Typically human. Bow to the system or suffer the consequences.

Ah, that makes more sense. I know that there were some resistance members left that attacked Midgar and such.
    It's so sad how easily human nature falls to greed like that, and how many lives are ruined because of it.

Ah, that makes more sense. I know that there were some resistance members left that attacked Midgar and such.
    It's so sad how easily human nature falls to greed like that, and how many lives are ruined because of it.
    Ah, didn't you play Crisis Core?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Ah, didn't you play Crisis Core?

Sadly, no. I don't own a PSP I only got to experience it through youtube!

which is the saddest thing ever.

So...if Shinra wanted to build a reactor there/take over, why didn't they when they won the war? You'd think they'd at least have a military presence keeping an eye on things.