Thread: Queen of Cards impasse...

Default Queen of Cards impasse...

This is my 7th or 8th play through but up until now I have never done the side quests. I decided 3 or 4 days ago that I would do the Queen of Cards quest as I am well into disc 3 and I have all my characters maxed out so now would be the ideal time because once I hit Pandora it’s on the road to finishing the game and that’s all I have been doing since. I have spent so much time at it that my SeeD rank is falling!

I did the CC group first of all and then started on the Queen and it’s a nightmare to be honest! After countless resets and chasing her around the world I have only just now gotten back the cards she had won from me which were not related to her quest. I decided it would be easier to eventually win them back and it probably saved me a brave amount of resets to do it this way.

I have lost the cards she needed to her and got all the others (one of which needed to then be lost to her, Doomtrain) but she is sill moving around the world map and no matter how many times I play her son in the pub in Dollet the cards which he should have don’t get played. When I go to the ‘Cards’ section of the menu it says that the cards are indeed in Dollet but they’re never being played. I mean what’s the chances that 5 particular cards are never played? Pretty slim I would think.

I am wondering if the quest needs to be done in a particular order or something but then again if that where the cases surely I would not have been able to acquire the cards which I did.

Any ideas?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. I hardly bother with the card-related side quests as I feel they detract from the game experience. I recommend visiting the Final Fantasy VIII page at GameFAQs to see if there is a guide that covers your question.
    I believe in the power of humanity.