Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    This thread is about Bleys tricking EoFF into exposing their guilty pleasures and I won't fall for it, I tell you.
    Uh, no, if I wanted to do that I'd make a thread called "What are your guilty pleasures?" and watch you sheep meekly stroll in and answer the question. I know it would work because it frequently does.

The point of this thread is to make you think, and stop being ashamed of liking things that you like because it's stupid to be ashamed.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Anyone who judges another is a stupid person and there is never an f-ing exception. To judge is to think yourself better than another. To think yourself better than another is to think yourself better than everyone. If not, you're just an f-ing hypocrite. Which, in fact, means you're no better than the one you judged. It is not now nor shall it ever be our place to judge one another, but we should be willing to both offer and accept help. And help is not something that is simple. You cannot just do someone a favor and hope they land on their feet. Pay It Forward is not realistic.
    I WILL NOT POINTLESSLY BICKER!

I disagree. Judging just for the sake of judging is an arrogant act, but judging for the sake of helping others or yourself is not. Like say in kung fu for me, when I'm watching two people spar I can judge their performance and think of how I can attach my criticisms to how I fight and take note so I can improve. It isn't that I think I'm a better fighter than them, but I still can see the errors in their style, and these are errors I may very well make myself. It's a learning experience.
    If someone close asks for serious help in a relationship, you won't get anywhere without first judging the relationship and the actions of those involved. Judging doesn't always have to be an act of self-superiority.
    While it very commonly is (oh my god, did you see the font she typed that comment in? She is such a drama queen), judging can be used without that arrogance or ego attached.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Pissing off Bleys generally only works if you have some kind of leverage on him. Leverage gained through the use of pipes, perhaps. Or something else! Frig, I can't remember.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

This thread was pretending to have two pages (my pages are set at 30 posts)

EDIT: That's weird. Earlier, the Page 2 link brought me to Page 1.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Pissing off Bleys generally only works if you have some kind of leverage on him. Leverage gained through the use of pipes, perhaps. Or something else! Frig, I can't remember.
    Nice try, you smurfing bastard.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some of the things I like are really just terrible.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm totally in the "it's liking things that are bad" camp. I'm not ashamed of anything I like.