Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer XL

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Default Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer XL

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn producer Naoki Yoshida issued his 40th Letter from the Producer today as 2012 and ARR’s alpha test draw to a close.

Yesterday, the FFXIV development team released the beta roadmap for ARR, and, as I pointed out then, the roadmap is a ways behind schedule. Responding to that lateness, Yoshi-P said that it is because the development team is holding itself to high standards, and not allowing itself to sacrifice quality for expediency – which is what caused the original FFXIV’s disastrous launch. He asked that the players continue to bear with him.

Yoshi-P also noted that the development team is already making changes to ARR based on player feedback from the alpha test. I look forward to seeing some of those changes in action in the beta.

2012 closed the door on the troubled history of Final Fantasy XIV 1.0. As we move into 2013, there is, for perhaps the first time in this game’s history, a future filled with promise. We will have to see if A Realm Reborn can live up to that promise.

Source: FFXIV Official Forums
    Last edited by Raistlin; 12-28-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm certainly excited to see if they can live up to that promise as well.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum