Thread: Classic Resident Evil

Default Classic Resident Evil

Ah....Tank Controls, fixed camera angles that will screw you over more than any enemy, hilariously bad voice-acting and a rape of science so bad that even I can see why it makes no goddam sense.

I used to be a fan of these games. Nowadays I only defend two games though and that is the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero.

RE1 has a lot of charm to it I think. They were trying something new and even if they didn't do it that well, I applaud effort and innovation. The Spencer Mansion also remains a really cool environment for a horror story I think.

And REZero...well, I've been defending it so long that I just have to love it. Hardcore fans and general gamers alike tend to write it off but I think it was a lot of fun.

^ best damn male lead. Better than Leon or Chris.

Also even if I've largely written off the games as terrible, I'll always enjoy the music.

But what say you all? What are your thoughts on RE0, 1, 2, 3. CVX amd REmake?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

BARRY BURTON

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

REMake might be the best Resident Evil game ever made, although the original still holds a very special place in my heart. smurfing Lisa Trevor chasing me down at the most inappropriate times and those damn crimson heads! If you haven't played the DS remake of the original, highly recommended! Having that map on your second screen is borderline cheating and speeds everything up immensely.

YOU WERE ALMOST A JILL SANDWICH!

I HAVE...THIS!

STOP IT! DON'T OPEN. THAT DOOR.

i always forgot to bring the crank when I needed it.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

When I get older, and get a house and kids etc, I definitely want my kids to have to gather crests all over the house to be able to open the door to the backyard.

Kid: Dad, I wanna go play on the swings with Barney and Marie.
    Me: Seems like you're missing the Moon Crest, sweetie. Did you check the snake attic?

Even better. I'll infect one of them with a venomous poison, and send his siblings to run across to the other side of the house to find the serum I've hidden somewhere. Maybe I'll give them broken radios so they can communicate.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dad: Jimmy, can you go fetch my shotgun for me?

*Jimmy takes shotgun off the hook and exits the room*

Dad: Watch out Jimmy! Above you!

Jimmy: Ahhh!!!!

*Ceiling crushes Jimmy*

Dad: Well, if only he remembered to place the broken shotgun on the hooks...

OOC:Pretty sure this dad gets worst dad of the year award.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Introducing FIRST AID SPRAY!!

- Having trouble with the walking dead biting huge chunks out of your flesh?
    - Do you often find yourself horribly bitten and poisoned by a giant snake?
    - Have you been torn apart and nearly decapitated by a Hunter?

Never fear, as just one of these remarkable sprays cures any ailment ever inflicted on the human body... ever... by anything. Seriously.

Next month, we introduce our revolutionary Item Teleportation Chests.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

So, first time through what spooked you? Those damn dogs breaking through the window in the first game horrified young Eric! Especially since I didn't quite master the controls yet and wasn't shooting downward. Also I'm on high alert every time I hear that *click click click* sound that hunters make while they are slowly walking. Getting tackled and subsequently decapitated will do that.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Sorry to go against the grain here, but Resident Evil 2 is my favorite. I think it's better than the original, and the REmake, by leaps and bounds.

Survivor is the only Resident Evil game I've played and not liked though.
    I like Kung-Fu.