Thread: The topic of all topics - impartiality

Default The topic of all topics - impartiality

The lack of responses to my posts must mean I'm on the right track. I think our problem is a lack of this too. Our idea is that one thing must be better than the other. If only 'we' humans could looks at things without a bias.

On the other hand this could discredit those who think/know they don't have to prove anything to you.

In an unfair way this is posted towards our attitudes of gaming. That's not the only thing though.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not sure if the title of the thread is on purpose, but I got a good laugh from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Yeah, I don't have much to talk about anymore either. I guess I should stop publishing for free.

Ok, one more thread.
    Last edited by Greatermaximus; 01-04-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I think the lack of responses to your posts is because most of the time they're hugely out of context and lack any sort of substance what-so-ever and are usual just vague interjections about constructionism in some attempt to boil everything down to a level of abstractism and ultimately conclude that people like/don't like something due to their own tastes which are shaped by a number of compounding factors.

To quote an old adage: "No trout Sherlock."

However,

The very nature of an opinion based discussion forum is that people will have opinions. Sometimes they will be completely rational, sometimes they will be highly irrational, most of the time one opinion will differ from another.

Just searching your most recent posts a lot of them are making implications about the constructs behind an opinion which a) most people are already fully aware of and b) provide no anchor for discussion to stem from. This is a discussion board where most threads and conversations are going to be off the cuff opinions and reactions not long, lengthy, impartial essays that pay particular heed to the socio-economic contexts that are acting as external influencers - which ultimately are very unlikely to sway a persons opinion in either direction if their mind is already made up.

Some people get fulfillment in ranking things in casual banter others - like yourself - evidently don't. But to proposit that the former is less worthwhile than the latter (as most of your posts do when you talk of such practices being "incriminatory") and the making the assumption that you are correct when people don't respond to you - as Tifa's Boobs pointed out - is not exactly impartial either, is it?

You seem very good at understanding the meta level influencers of a discussion but not so much at understanding the base level of a discussion itself which at the best of times makes your points very abstruse.

Of course the blissful irony of all of this is this is just my opinion too - so take it or leave it, as you will.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 01-04-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm more impartial than anyone else I know.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly what this thread is about.
    You are not alone.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.