Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sony ceases production of PlayStation 2 in Japan

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I still have PS2 games I have yet to open (hi, VII:</>DoC). That little sucker is going to last me a few years through yet if I can help it! So long as there are friends from EoFF coming over that are willing to play Gauntlet with me, there will be a reason for this console to be kept forever and ever.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Default nyah

Oh man, all this talk about PS2 made me look at the little black girl standing there in the corner, waiting to be played again....and then I looked over at my Silent Hill collection.....ahhhh good old times! I still remember when I got mine, and she still works perfectly. Also the amount of games released for this console were the best too!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I still have PS2 games I have yet to open (hi, VIIoC). That little sucker is going to last me a few years through yet if I can help it! So long as there are friends from EoFF coming over that are willing to play Gauntlet with me, there will be a reason for this console to be kept forever and ever.
    Dark Legacy?

This is very important, BoB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I still have PS2 games I have yet to open (hi, VIIoC). That little sucker is going to last me a few years through yet if I can help it! So long as there are friends from EoFF coming over that are willing to play Gauntlet with me, there will be a reason for this console to be kept forever and ever.
    Dark Legacy?

Gauntlet and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. I want to get the third, too, but I'm waiting for a bunch of EoFFers to come over so we can play it the right way: With four people.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Dark Legacy?

Gauntlet and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. I want to get the third, too, but I'm waiting for a bunch of EoFFers to come over so we can play it the right way: With four people.
    The one that came out after Dark Legacy is an utter piece of trout.

However, let's do Dark Legacy in July. I AM GREEN ARCHER OR RED SORCERESS PLZ THNK U BBY
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Instead of passive-aggressively fact checking, I'm going to simply say I stand corrected by Del!

About Sony consoles, I'm not sure if it's all care or you guys are lucky. The disc readers of both my initial PS1 and 2 went on me. Gophermods told me I got YLOD on my PS3 because Sony used a cheap soldering fluid or something on the initial batch of PS3's.

But my PS2 slim has been solid and was absolutely wonderful for carrying back and forth from home throughout undergrad. I need to get mine back from my brother!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    About Sony consoles, I'm not sure if it's all care or you guys are lucky. The disc readers of both my initial PS1 and 2 went on me. Gophermods told me I got YLOD on my PS3 because Sony used a cheap soldering fluid or something on the initial batch of PS3's.
    I'd say you've just had lousy luck. I've never had a Sony console give me a problem. I still have my original PlayStation (the grey retangle), purchased in 1997, and it works like the day I bought it. My PSone (1999) still works perfectly as well. I also have my original PS2, purchased in 2002, also works like the day I bought it. My PSP still works perfectly too. And finally, my PS3, purchased in 2008, also still works like the day I got it.

But then again, my Nintendo GameCube (purchased in 2004) and Xbox 360 (purchased in 2007) also still both work just as well as the day I got them.

In fact, I've never had any console fail on me, with the exception of the Atari 2600 (which was caused by a bunch of neighbor kids who came over and abused it) and I never even went out of my way to take special care of any of them. Hell, my PlayStation saw many of falls, and again, still works perfectly.

Sony and Nintendo both build one hell of a durable console, and I can't see how you'd break them unless it's intentional/careless.
    I like Kung-Fu.