Thread: PS1 classic question

Default PS1 classic question

This is my first time playing ff7 properly. I played it years ago when I was younger but never really got into it.

I have FF7 on ps1 classic on vita. I am pretty far (well I think I am) in the game. I have just got the bronco and cid in my team and going to the northern cave (although i've ended up in Wutai for some reason).

I am just wondering if the game makes you swap discs? If you hold down the screen the menu pops up which says "swap discs" and its got disc 1,2,3 in there but it seems like i've got pretty far already so i'm just wondering if it still asks you in the game to swap discs?

I imagine its the same on PSP version.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Indeed you will have to switch discs and the game will prompt you when it's time to do so. FFVII disc swaps are very linear unlike some of the newer games (Mass Effect and Star Ocean 4) It will come, just disc one seems very, very, very loooooooooooong.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

lol, yes and another reason for so many discs is because almost every game world asset and most FMVs are on all the discs for some strange reason, its like only the script changes from the disc swap... if you put the physical discs into an FMV Viewer on your PC, you can see what im talking about, with the digital download i think it would have made more sense to reformat it a little bit so the file size would be way smaller cutting out all the extra copied data... literaly you have Kalm Village data stored 3 times on your PS3/PSP/PSVita because of that, once for each disc, and its like that for everything in the game...

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

If you just got the Tiny Bronco and Cid, you're not heading for the Northern Cave; you need to get the Keystone from Dio and then head for the Temple of the Ancients. You're nearing the end of Disk 1, so you will need to change disks soon.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    If you just got the Tiny Bronco and Cid, you're not heading for the Northern Cave; you need to get the Keystone from Dio and then head for the Temple of the Ancients. You're nearing the end of Disk 1, so you will need to change disks soon.
    .... and buy some kleenex. =*(